View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 07:36 PM
z999z3mystorys's PC Specs

POST ID # = 395847
z999z3mystorys Reputation: 10

OK I went ahead and ordered one from newegg, after checking it seems like PSU extension cables are such a specialty item I couldn't fine much feedback about them, so I went with the one that cost more than the shipping (hoping to blindly buy my way into a quality cable). Hopefully it'll work out fine.

Adding an extension cable for the CPU Power cable might be something that would be worth doing, or at least have a recommended company, but I do see that it's such a niche thing that it might not be worth the effort.

Anyway the reason it wouldn't reach is because my case is a bottom mounted PSU case, meaning the PSU has to be upside down for the cooling fan to get air, and therefore adding a good 5 or 6 inches needed just to reach to the far side of the PSU and behind the motherboard. the PSU I had before didn't have quite as a cable but it didn't have a top/bottom fan, only a small rear fan, so I could flip it so that the cables came out right next to the bottom of my motherboard.

If I had the cable length of the corsair and the ability to flip right side up of my old PSU it might have reached.