Corsair Community

New update to iCUE breaks Streamlabs OBS audio capture.

chaoko99

• Corsair Employee
Your issue is either going to be a configuration issue with your sound settings in either SLOBS or Windows, or a software conflict as I can confirm there is no issue with SLOBS and the Void Pro Wireless when it comes to sound capture using the same version of iCUE and firmware for the headset

• 3 weeks later...
Your issue is either going to be a configuration issue with your sound settings in either SLOBS or Windows, or a software conflict as I can confirm there is no issue with SLOBS and the Void Pro Wireless when it comes to sound capture using the same version of iCUE and firmware for the headset

I have the Virtuoso SE headphones and recently started experiencing the issue with Desktop Audio in SLOBS. I tried XSplit instead, and still could not get audio to capture when using the headphones. As soon as I switched Windows to use the speakers, both SLOBS and XSplit had access to audio again. I tried my old Logitech G933 headphones, also USB wireless, and they worked fine with both capture programs.

I uninstalled iCue 3.26.xx and reinstalled 3.23.66 and now I both capture programs have access to audio when using the headphones.

--I then let iCue update itself, and now it works. I'm guess just uninstalling iCue and reinstalling would have fixed it.-- Nevermind, see below...

Edited by qwertydvorak

I spoke too soon. After a reboot, SLOBS and XSplit no longer have access to Desktop Audio when using Corsair headphones. I'm guessing the new 3.26.xx drivers weren't in use yet. I'm reinstalling iCue 3.23... 3.24.52 also won't let SLOBS or XSplit access audio.

Corsair, what is your timeframe to fix this issue?

Edited by qwertydvorak

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess I'm a bit perplexed as to why we are assuming this is Corsair's problem. I experienced the issue, then as a test, installed the non-Streamlabs version of OBS, and it works just fine. Doesn't that point back to Streamlabs?

I spoke too soon. After a reboot, SLOBS and XSplit no longer have access to Desktop Audio when using Corsair headphones. I'm guessing the new 3.26.xx drivers weren't in use yet. I'm reinstalling iCue 3.23... 3.24.52 also won't let SLOBS or XSplit access audio.

Corsair, what is your timeframe to fix this issue?

I was having the same issue after an iCue update mid stream. I enabled spatial audio in the sound properties menu and Streamlabs OBS was again able to recognize the output audio.

Jeez I've been trying to fix this issue all afternoon and I was about to give up but this fixed it, thank you so much!! :D:

I'm experiencing a similar issue. Recent versions of iCUE break audio capture in Nvidia experience. Here is why I think it's iCUE to blame. The problem started with iCUE version 3.25.60. Rolling back to a previous version fixes audio capture. The following can be found in that version's patch notes:

iCUE now supports Windows Spatial Sound so users can enable their own audio surround sound solutions. Please note that if Spatial Sound is enabled, iCUE EQ and Surround Sound options are disabled. For more information related to spatial sound, please visit this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../spatial-sound.

Moreover, the problem isn't limited to SLOBS. I'm experiencing it with a completely unrelated piece of software: Nvidia experience.

I don't want to enable spatial audio in Windows, as suggested above. It messes with game audio and results in fainter and lower quality positional audio.

I'd appreciate it if we could get some response from iCUE devs. For the time being, I'll stay on an older version of iCUE.

• 3 months later...
I'm experiencing a similar issue. Recent versions of iCUE break audio capture in Nvidia experience. Here is why I think it's iCUE to blame. The problem started with iCUE version 3.25.60. Rolling back to a previous version fixes audio capture. The following can be found in that version's patch notes:

Moreover, the problem isn't limited to SLOBS. I'm experiencing it with a completely unrelated piece of software: Nvidia experience.

I don't want to enable spatial audio in Windows, as suggested above. It messes with game audio and results in fainter and lower quality positional audio.

I'd appreciate it if we could get some response from iCUE devs. For the time being, I'll stay on an older version of iCUE.

What version are you on? I rolled back to 2.24.XX and the issue still persists in SLOBS. There is audio capture, but SLOBS is barely able to pick up any sounds. I have to put the audio so loud to the point where SLOBS will pick it up at a normal volume while my ears hurt. Did ICUE fix this yet?