View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 11:53 PM

POST ID # = 944120
datsyuk Reputation: 20
Default Upset with K70 LUX RGB

Hey everyone,

Bought my K70 LUX RGB back in October of 2016 and loved it for over a year. Had no issues at all. Fast forward to December 2017/January of this year and I notice my indicator lights are constantly freezing when using any of the lock keys. I would have to plug the keyboard back in or reset it using the switch near the USB pass through.

Video of the issue:

Submit a ticket to Corsair, they get another board out to me... it's still happening. So it seems like it wasn't just my old board. Find out it's happening because of my USB 3.0 ports on my new computer that I built in December, a Z370 build. I tried literally everything to fix it. I narrow it down to my particular ports and CUE running dynamic lighting profiles. There are a bunch of posts on this issue.

I PM the product manager and post in the CUE threads and have not even been responded to on this issue. There is no way this keyboard has issues with Z370 USB 3.0 in general...

The replacement keyboard however, has the caps lock key double/triple clicking by itself. Corsair sends me another board. This time around I have the LEDs flickering to random colors (red I think every time, not sure though) during my RGB profiles. Send that board back, another arrived today and it is doing the same exact thing!

Really don't know what is happening with the flickering lights. I've attached a screenshot of what it does, randomly happens on any key on the board. This photo has the F12 key turning red in my RGB wave. In this photo it's F12, other times it flickers keys "p ; ' ENTER" for example... it's random and all over the board. I didn't pay the premium for the RGB keyboard for it flicker like this even though it may be small. I do see the twitch/flickers in the corner of my eye when gaming though, drives me crazy.

Has anyone experienced these issues (esp with 2 boards in a row with flickering red lights)?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3303.jpg (828.0 KB, 343 views)

Last edited by datsyuk; 03-10-2018 at 12:00 AM.