Corsair Community

T1 Race Chair Gas lift to small for Chair base

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I thought this is normal at first, but it started to get annoying from the moment i started hearing a knocking sound every time i sat down (gas lift hitting the floor, then staying there ready to scratch everything).

Here are some pics of mine:

https://ibb.co/LPG6Rcn - Not sitting on it

https://ibb.co/6FXwknW - Not sitting on it

https://ibb.co/QFKYBsS - Sitting on it

Submitted an RMA, and I'm waiting for the response, will let you all know how it goes.

Edited by adr

Edit: I've raised an RMA request with Corsair support - will update as soon as I know more. For anyone who does the same, make sure you take a picture of the bottom of the seat, you'll find the product code (begins with 'C') and serial number there.

Corsair have replied to the ticket and are sending replacement parts under warrenty. I've asked them to send both a replacement canister & wheels/legs as the two are completely stuck together at the moment.

Fingers crossed this new one is the correct size, else I'll need to modify it before use.

• Corsair Employee
Hi, I thought this is normal at first, but it started to get annoying from the moment i started hearing a knocking sound every time i sat down (gas lift hitting the floor, then staying there ready to scratch everything).

Here are some pics of mine:

https://ibb.co/LPG6Rcn - Not sitting on it

https://ibb.co/6FXwknW - Not sitting on it

https://ibb.co/QFKYBsS - Sitting on it

Submitted an RMA, and I'm waiting for the response, will let you all know how it goes.

Woah! It definitely shouldn't be touching the ground when you sit in it. If you haven't yet, could you send PM me your ticket number?

Corsair have replied to the ticket and are sending replacement parts under warrenty. I've asked them to send both a replacement canister & wheels/legs as the two are completely stuck together at the moment.

Fingers crossed this new one is the correct size, else I'll need to modify it before use.

So Corsair have sent a new gas canister, however, I'm unable to dislodge the old one despite my best efforts. I've used WD40 and tried to wiggle it free, knock it free, and even used my full body weight to no avail.

I've responded to the open ticket I have with Corsair, asking that they kindly supply a new five-spoke wheel and tilt mechanism assembly. See what happens next!

Edited by mylesmoo
words

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, bought it last year and it has gradually gotten worse, its almost like they made the hole for the gas lift a little larger so it could sit lower but because of this the gas lift is gradually slipping through the hole.

The gas lift on my chair is now touching the floor on carpet or hard flooring and as you can see on the picture the carpet is not plush.

I have opened an RMA but I'm a bit concerned that people are being sent new gas lifts when the issue is clearly to do with the base. :bigeyes:

434636823_Pistonmarks.thumb.jpg.4fa4d2dac13b5ea6aa0a4418b3f5eb9b.jpg

Piston.thumb.jpg.8ed549944dd8b692ce88e7cca1b1cddd.jpg

Woah! It definitely shouldn't be touching the ground when you sit in it. If you haven't yet, could you send PM me your ticket number?

Hey, could you tell me how do get this resolved? Having the same issue as the others and not sure what forms to fill out.

I raised an warranty request using the following site:-

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033067832-Corsair-Limited-Warranty

I have now had a response back that they are sending me a new gas piston, unless the new piston has different dimensions to the one that comes with the chair originally this isn't going to fix the issue as the problem is that the piston is slipping through the hole in the base.

I have said as much in my response to the person dealing with my case so hopefully they should be able to clarify.

Everyone has this problem. It's clear that it has a design flaw. Why is it that Corsair doesn't assume its fault and do a recall?

I've bought this chair and after 2 weeks I had to give my own way to fix it because I knew that Corsair's replacement parts wouldn't fix and soon I'd have the same issue again.

• 2 weeks later...

another fallen soldier here.. i bought the chair used so im isht out of luck

i managed to get some cloth stuck in the base so it somewhat raised the total height but its not totally firm and the chair can tilt a bit from side to side, looking for a better fix with more stability and a bit more height

Please send any possible fix that worked for you!

:eek::confused::eek:

thanks

Well, after contacting them, they sent the replacement parts to a completely different address (around 1500-2000 kms away from where I live). Obviously, the package went back to them, but during this whole process I was constantly contacting them, telling them to modify the direction, and how it could be done, even sent them images etc, but seems like they didn't care anymore. Since then, they have been ignoring all my e-mails, so as good as their support looked like in the beginning, it seems like if they mess up things and it's their fault, you will be left with the faulty chair and they will ignore your problem. I will probably make a claim at customer protection, because this is ridiculous, i'm literally scratching the floor. Edited by adr

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same issue for a T1 Race sold by Amazon France.

I like the chair and I want to avoid to return the full chair (It 's a gift for my son). I think that the problem come from the base of the chair that is too large for the gas lift.

T1-Race-problem-gas-lift.jpg

What is the process to resolve the problem ?

Where can I find the Serial Number ? I looked under the chair but I've only seen the Manufacturing date (2019-12-12), the Reg. NO CT.

Is there a French warrantly support ?

Regards

Edited by Zlavock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I came on this forum with same problem gas piston on the floor but I found Corsair to be excellent

I raised a ticket I got a reply within 24 hours and they sent out a new gas piston within a 3 days

From start to finish it has taken 6 days and that was with posting the part from Holland to the uk

I couldn’t even find my receipt

So thanks Corsair my feet can now swing from the chair

• Corsair Employee
I came on this forum with same problem gas piston on the floor but I found Corsair to be excellent

I raised a ticket I got a reply within 24 hours and they sent out a new gas piston within a 3 days

From start to finish it has taken 6 days and that was with posting the part from Holland to the uk

I couldn’t even find my receipt

So thanks Corsair my feet can now swing from the chair

Glad that Support was able to help you out!

Same problem here. Buy the chair in March 2020. I decided to open a call when it started to damage my floor.

They replied promptly and the new piece arrived today, however, to remove the piece from the seat was very difficult needing a lot of strength and help from a pipe wrench.

During the hours that I am using the chair it has already lowered a few millimeters. Very disappointed with Corsair.

20200929_203852.thumb.jpg.ec2ac320463f912d282d8f84a8a9e899.jpg

new.thumb.jpg.cac1c372f5144699b74ddd99d7a69d72.jpg

I've received my new chair base, all the way from America to the UK.

It is exactly the same one as the faulty one.

I dont know what to say at this point. Floor damaged, time wasted wrestling the old base away from the lift, Corsair dont seem to be the company I thought they were.

Hi, yes I replied again saying the chair base I have had delivered has the same issue.

I have since received another email saying that they have received notice that my parcel had been delivered and thanked me for being a corsair customer. They didn't even acknowledge my email saying I still have the same problem.

I appreciate the parcel but I still have a broken chair.