Corsair Community

PC Turn On-Off Cycle

AB8837

Hey,

I am currently stuck with a problem where my pc is stuck on Turn ON-Turn OFF cycle, where it turns ON for 2/3sec and immediately turns OFF and then the cycle keeps on going infinitely unless i switch it OFF by pressing the power button or remove plug from the wall outlet. I removed all the cables and plugged them in but no luck. I then tried changing the power cord, removing all the unnecessary hardware (like hard drive, graphics card etc) but still the problem persists. I then went ahead with only the CPU, Motherboard and PSU attached and tried to start the computer but still could not get through.

Then I cleared the CMOS by pressing the Clear CMOS button, still I am stuck with the same problem. It would be great if you could just help me figure out what to do next.

Thank you

Do you have a speaker attached? Any beep codes?

Unfortunately, you don't have a BIOS error code display - assuming that your PC Specs are accurate. That's what you'll need to get to - what the BIOS error is. Whatever it is, it's definitely hardware related. Was anything recently changed? Updated?

Do you have a speaker attached? Any beep codes?

Unfortunately, you don't have a BIOS error code display - assuming that your PC Specs are accurate. That's what you'll need to get to - what the BIOS error is. Whatever it is, it's definitely hardware related. Was anything recently changed? Updated?

I built this PC back in 2015 and it was working fine till like Friday, when its Fans gained full throttle and the screen turned bluish-black while i busy texting on my phone. I thought it would be an update or something but I found no changes what so ever on the monitor for over 30 mins. Then I force shut down the PC by holding the power button. Next morning, when I try to switch it ON, I face this cycle issue.

NO Updates, NO changes were done even to the hardware.

My Motherboard has a Q-Code LED display which is showing "00" which means "not used" according the motherboard manual. Some are saying dead CPU, some are saying Motherboard failure, while some are pointing this issue to be of CPU over heat. Today I would try to re-install the H100i and re-apply the thermal paste just to rule out the CPU over heat possibility.

As far as PSU is concerned, I think it is okay as When I start up the system, fans spin, Motherboard's light do glow. Would you still think it is a PSU problem?

Edited by AB8837

• Corsair Employee
A "00" led code, that means the CPU isn't being detected, whether that's due to a fried motherboard or a dead CPU. If you have access to another CPU or motherboard, I would definitely try a different combination to narrow down the issue.

A "00" led code, that means the CPU isn't being detected, whether that's due to a fried motherboard or a dead CPU. If you have access to another CPU or motherboard, I would definitely try a different combination to narrow down the issue.

I am trying to get my hands on the 4th gen cpu and compatible motherboard, though today I tried with a different PSU and the problem still persists. Definitely the issue is either of CPU or Motherboard.

Do you think a faulty RAM can also lead to the same issue?

• Corsair Employee
I am trying to get my hands on the 4th gen cpu and compatible motherboard, though today I tried with a different PSU and the problem still persists. Definitely the issue is either of CPU or Motherboard.

Do you think a faulty RAM can also lead to the same issue?

RAM causing the issue isn't out of the realm of possibility, but 00 generally, if not always, an issue with the CPU. If you want, you can take all the RAM out, then testing one stick at a time.

When you're troubleshooting, just be sure to make one change at a time so it's easier to track where the issue presents itself. Keep us posted on the process, so we can continue to help however possible. :)

RAM causing the issue isn't out of the realm of possibility, but 00 generally, if not always, an issue with the CPU. If you want, you can take all the RAM out, then testing one stick at a time.

When you're troubleshooting, just be sure to make one change at a time so it's easier to track where the issue presents itself. Keep us posted on the process, so we can continue to help however possible. :)

I have tried all the possible combinations of RAM, by using a single dimm, both the dimms and even using no dimm. Also I tried with shuffling through the RAM slots, still no luck.

• Corsair Employee
I have tried all the possible combinations of RAM, by using a single dimm, both the dimms and even using no dimm. Also I tried with shuffling through the RAM slots, still no luck.

Your issue is definitely pointing at either your CPU or Motherboard. I would recommend reaching out to the respective manufactures about it.