Corsair Community

ASUS Motherboard Integration *BETA*

You probably missed the title of this topic "ASUS Motherboard Integration *BETA*" which is in the "Motherboard Integration" section :D:

You probably also missed the first post stating this :

He's clearly talking about RGB lighting zones on the motherboard, which RAM sticks are not. ;):

I wish the option you were talking about is available, but unless there is a universal protocol or something like that, it probably never will be, because G.Skill is a direct competitor :[pouts:

Have a nice day :hihi:

Many people use "motherboard lighting" as a way of saying Asus aura or mystic light. but the point is: if this new integration is only going to work with the light on the motherboard it's completely useless.

We could talk all day about just the motherboard, but what's the point?

at least one software needs to control everything on both platforms

Many people use "motherboard lighting" as a way of saying Asus aura or mystic light. but the point is: if this new integration is only going to work with the light on the motherboard it's completely useless.

We could talk all day about just the motherboard, but what's the point?

at least one software needs to control everything on both platforms

You're right unless you have an Asus motherboard and almost everything else Corsair (RAM Sticks, Fans, AIO ... etc) it's pretty useless (for now at least)

In your case, I guess, it's preferable to have everything Aura compatible instead ;):

My issue is with UPlay and Breakpoint/ Battleye now. If makes my 3 front ll120 fans go to rainbow mode and closes ICUE. I have to alt+tab out and restart ICUE to make it go back to normal.

Hey together!

Since I started using this plugin, my iCue crashes whenever I start a game like Rainbow6 or something else.

I always have to restart the iCue software then.

I noticed it too with Rainbow Six Siege, I thought it was the "game mode" in Aura but after reading your post I just launched Street Fighter V and CS:GO and I had 0 bug, so you're probably right it has to be Battleye

My issue is with UPlay and Breakpoint/ Battleye now. If makes my 3 front ll120 fans go to rainbow mode and closes ICUE. I have to alt+tab out and restart ICUE to make it go back to normal.

Has this plugin gotten any updates? It still causes my Vengeance RGB Pro to error out and I can't control the colors of it when the plugin is installed.

Same for me. LEDs of my Prime Z390-A Motherboard are then blinkin red constantly and in iCUE the Vengeance RGB Pro Ram is marked with a red exclamation mark and you cant control anything. In CPU-Z the slots are empty, as if the System wouldnt see the Ram at all.

Only iCUE-restart with a Windows reboot could fix that (not always, sometimes this step has to be done several times until the Ram gets recognized again...).

It's great that it's moving the more integrated direction between manufacturers.

But curious how come I can't control the graphics card with it? I mean I got both a ASUS motherboard and graphics card.

Because it's only compatible with motherboards for now (and that also with major issues). So don't expect other devices anytime soon, first crucial bugs have to be fixed.

Same for me. LEDs of my Prime Z390-A Motherboard are then blinkin red constantly and in iCUE the Vengeance RGB Pro Ram is marked with a red exclamation mark and you cant control anything. In CPU-Z the slots are empty, as if the System wouldnt see the Ram at all.

Only iCUE-restart with a Windows reboot could fix that (not always, sometimes this step has to be done several times until the Ram gets recognized again...).

It is the same and no updates.

So, does Corsair understand this is a bug that they need to fix? Or are they gonna leave us in the dark with no update or fix? I don't have the plugin installed for this very reason.

So, does Corsair understand this is a bug that they need to fix? Or are they gonna leave us in the dark with no update or fix? I don't have the plugin installed for this very reason.

As always with corsair, they are VERY silent and don't respond in public, not even in an open beta project. It's all up to the users to help each other, the company itself remains silent as always.

I would imagine they are gathering info from all of us to work on a massive update. I would rather it be slower and have more fixes than multiple releases with more issues.

Installed this on my Asus Crosshair Hero VIII and I can confirm this is not working properly. The motherboard shows up but I can only control the LED on the motherboard itself (The HERO logo), my deepcool AIO, Trident Z memory and ASUS RTX 2080ti are listed but not controllable. They are listed in a darker tint and I cannot change the colors or turn them off. I deleted Asus Armory crate, restarted, deleted ASUS GPU II, restarted, Deleted ICUE, restarted and followed instructions listed to a "T" with no change. I cannot control anything beside the actual motherboard LED. This is a GREAT idea and I was very hopeful as I truly love the ICUE software. Hopefully they get this to working properly soon. Thank you

I'm getting the same issue. I have a Maximus X Hero mobo, it shows up in Icue but it is still defaulting to Asus Aura and whatever colour configuration it has set there. If I restart my PC it uses iCue lighting for a bit but iCue always crashes and it just goes back to Aura control, even when I start up iCue again. Hopefully the bugs are taken care of soon cause when it works it's truly great.

As always with corsair, they are VERY silent and don't respond in public, not even in an open beta project. It's all up to the users to help each other, the company itself remains silent as always.

I would imagine they are gathering info from all of us to work on a massive update. I would rather it be slower and have more fixes than multiple releases with more issues.

I hope they are working on a large fix because this really is a cool feature to add to iCUE. And if they are more successful, maybe more companies will bend and follow suit.

I have said this for ages and it finally is happening. We now have a foot in the door and the options will be endless. Hopefully, it will continue to grow and add more devices and companies. I agree with you 100%.

I hope they are working on a large fix because this really is a cool feature to add to iCUE. And if they are more successful, maybe more companies will bend and follow suit.

Hello, I have an Asus Z390-i Strix, the board lighting works but the RGB strip attached to the addressable RGB header the 3 pin ones do not work.

I tried installing the latest asus aura software and the lights work with aura but not iCue, I removed Aura sync because i have armory crate installed and still unable to control that RGB strip from iCue only works with armory crate... any suggestions... as its the one holdout in my build... from what i can gather the 4 pin one works just not the 3 pin one or did i miss something