Corsair Community

Windows 10 1903 Build

MadHatch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Great to here! Did you happen to know which build you were on previously? It's usually easier to update from a new build than much older ones, so it's interesting to hear how it went.

Also, did you have any USB devices plugged in while you did the update? I've heard it can cause issues, but if you had them plugged in, it'd be good to know what got through the process.

I managed to upgrade from version 1809 to 1903 on my i160 and everything went nice and smooth. I didn't have any external USB drives plugged in while upgrading, as this could cause some issues.

I'm not sure if this is a benefit to anyone, but here's a list of the USB devices that were plugged in while I was upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903:

1. Corsair Scimitar Pro

2. Corsair MM800 mouse pad

3. Corsair ST100 headset stand

4. Corsair HS70 Wireless headset

5. Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard

Easy upgrade from version 1809 to 1903 on my i160 too. Only USB device was Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard (with Corsair Glaive RGB Pro plugged into keyboard pass-through). All good. Took about 30 minutes.

Great to here! Did you happen to know which build you were on previously? It's usually easier to update from a new build than much older ones, so it's interesting to hear how it went.

Also, did you have any USB devices plugged in while you did the update? I've heard it can cause issues, but if you had them plugged in, it'd be good to know what got through the process.

I'm sorry to say I didn't keep a note of the build number I was previously on, but I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (1809) because I wanted to make use of bitlocker with my backup device. The upgrade to 1903 build 18362.116 went smoothly. I didn't unplug anything from the machine - mouse, keyboard, speakers, USB hub, monitor were all plugged in and continue to work fine afterwards. (Mouse, keyboard, USB HUB are plugged into the USB ports.)

There was a small hiccup with Corsair Link 4.4.4.9 - it failed to start after the initial reboot, but has started with the machine and worked fine since. Had that failed a second time I would have rolled back to the previous build and given you guys a shout there was a major problem! Corsair Link is essential on these machines.

I think it's important to clarify that I did update to Windows 10 Pro last year, so I can't say if this upgrade will be as smooth for Win 10 Home users.

I purchased an i160 yesterday and it came with Windows 10 Home 1803. I'm trying to update to 1903 and I'm getting this error screen (see attachment).

I'm confused because others in this thread are saying they were able to install the update on an i160 without any issue. I uninstalled all USB devices and tried again and I still get the same error screen.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I have software that is refusing to run on anything less than 1809.

WTF.thumb.png.55dad1f6c5476577833a195d86ad3070.png

I tried to find the 1809 update but didn't have any luck. I found a Microsoft archive of various updates, but it's all very cryptic. I tried a few downloads that mentioned 1809 but they said they weren't applicable to my system.

Do you happen to know where I can get the 1809 update?

It's showing that no updates are available. I had to manually download the 1903 update to attempt the install.

I've double checked the Windows version and it definitely says 1803. I read somewhere that the 1809 update was pulled by Microsoft.

I wish the 1903 update would tell me specifically what service or device was causing the problem. It's just leaving me completely in the dark...