Corsair Community

What Wire Kit for AX860i?

STOPchris

• Corsair Employee
  • Corsair Employee
The problem with that list, that I have, is that I bought a 1600i for my other build and I was able to use an all type 4 set for it... It makes me doubt that chart.

How so? That chart clearly shows the AX1600i uses Type4...

The chart for the AX860i is saying you can use all type 3 or type 4 for pcie, and CPU, but type 3 for sata and 24 pin? The 1600i says all type 3 or 4, but only type 3 for the sata? That's were it is strange to me, because I use type 4 sata cables on my 1600i.

• Corsair Employee
That is because the AX1600i PSU uses Type 4 cables. The main difference between Type 4 and Type 3 cables is the fact that the 24pin has a completely different pinout from the PSU. That PSU cable compatibility graph shows exactly what cable you can use with what power supply. Type 3 and Type 4 PATA/SATA are the same cable.

That is because the AX1600i PSU uses Type 4 cables. The main difference between Type 4 and Type 3 cables is the fact that the 24pin has a completely different pinout from the PSU. That PSU cable compatibility graph shows exactly what cable you can use with what power supply. Type 3 and Type 4 PATA/SATA are the same cable.

So, the only thing that differs between both of these PSU's cable compatibility is the 24 pin cable?