r-Z

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Corsair Employee
Sorry for the lack of update guys. Still waiting on our DRAM product manager. I've already sent him the lot #s that you posted, so I should get an answer soon. I'll touch base with him tomorrow and find out where we on this.

I am having the exact same issue with the ASUS z170 pro gaming mother board as described in this thread.

MODEL #CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

I'm not sure how to find out my lot number

Hey man,

I found my Lot numbers physically on the RAM modules.

• Corsair Employee
I am having the exact same issue with the ASUS z170 pro gaming mother board as described in this thread.

MODEL #CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

I'm not sure how to find out my lot number

Thanks, Xenu.

Lot # is on the white label on your RAM where the specs are listed.

So the people with Asus Z170 Pro Gaming motherboards and Corsair kit issues are growing, so whats the latest update?

my memory is now stable at 2800 but that's a fair distance away from the 3200 kit I purchased.

Has the DRAM Product Manager given you any other news yet?

thanks

It seems from looking round the web that a lot of users of z170 boards regardless of manufacturers of both boards and RAM are having trouble with XMP.

I have a Gigabyte z170xp-SLI with four sticks of Corsair CMK32GX4M4A2666C16 RAM and an Intel i7-6700k 4GHz CPU and have had similar problems to those listed here in this thread.

After enabling XMP Profile 1 in the BIOS (the latest F5 revision) my machine will sometimes boot and sometimes it won't. I've also experienced BSOD's with both Windows 7 64 bit and after upgrading to Windows 10 64 bit.

The XMP profile sets the RAM to it's rated 2666MHz speed. When I reset to it's default setting in the BIOS (2133Mhz) my machine has been perfectly stable (for two weeks now) and Memtest shows no errors. This is not the case with XMP on....just tried to turn it on again last night and the same symptoms started again.

I've now tried manually setting both the speed to 2666Mhz and the first four timings (16-18-18-35) in the BIOS and will run Memtest tonight. Hopefully the machine will be more stable now. So far so good....

I am hoping that as the BIOS is revised things will improve.

Fellow Asus Z170 Pro Gaming owners!

I have been checking the Asus site daily and it seems we have a new BIOS version out today, big jump in the version also as it has gone from ver 0803 to ver 0908!

will be downloading tonight when I get in and will report back, hopefully this will fix our XMP issues!

will report back later

yeah so i updated mine to the latest bios and it's still rubbish with the XMP profile.

most stable is just setting the bios to auto 2800 for the memory and then it works fine, so glad i purchased this 3200 memory!

I've now tried manually setting both the speed to 2666Mhz and the first four timings (16-18-18-35) in the BIOS and will run Memtest tonight. Hopefully the machine will be more stable now. So far so good....

That would be an interesting distinction to make between XMP and otherwise identical manual primary timings. I had similar difficulties with Vengeance LPX and Asus X99. Using manual primaries eliminated most of the problems and some BIOS wackiness.

Same problem for me with Asus Z170 Deluxe (last bios 1203) and 4 x RAM DDR4 PC4-25600 - CMK16GX4M2B3200C16.

Sometimes it boots, sometimes "overcloking failed". Once launched, it works very fine but I have another very anoying problem : if I overclock my memory (voltage change), after using it intensively (one run of RealBench is enough) , my PC doesn't want to stop anymore ! Sleep mode stops everything... then the PC restarts 2-3 seconds later. Same fo soft shutdown. The 4 seconds pressed button is the only solution to really shutdown the PC. And it seems I am the only one with this other problem.:[pouts:

So, I run my (very) expensive 32go of 3200 MHz RAM at 2300 MHz. :evil:

That would be an interesting distinction to make between XMP and otherwise identical manual primary timings. I had similar difficulties with Vengeance LPX and Asus X99. Using manual primaries eliminated most of the problems and some BIOS wackiness.

Unfortunately it hasn't worked. After initially seeming stable running Memtest overnight showed some errors. Not long after it refused to boot so I've gone back to the auto settings. I'm wondering if there's a need to tweak the other sub-timings as well. Also upping the voltage a little has helped some people to rectify the problem. There is an interesting thread here regarding this issue:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1578726/xmp-profile-freezes-my-computer

and here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1571741/gigabyte-z170-h170-b150-discussion-help-and-owners-club-ultra-durable-and-gaming-editions/240

Once again trying this hasn't worked for me...however last night Gigabyte support contacted me and included a link to a new BIOS (F6a). In the email they made no guarantees that XMP would work of course but they have suggested that I try it. Will see how it goes!

Edited by Rogue Nano