Corsair Community

Lighting not saving to K70 RGB

eds89

Using iCUE, I have tried to save my lighting profile to my device as default profile stored on device memory.

Every time my machine turns on however, keys remain un-illuminated until iCUE starts.

Anyone else see the same issue?

Using iCUE, I have tried to save my lighting profile to my device as default profile stored on device memory.

Every time my machine turns on however, keys remain un-illuminated until iCUE starts.

Anyone else see the same issue?

K70 doesn't have onboard memory and can't save the hardware profiles to run without running iCUE.

How can that be true, when I used to be able to do it with normal CUE?

I would be able to set one specific profile as the default to be stored on the device. The fact there is a button that specifically says:

"Save static lighting, DPI, and performance to device" would suggest Corsair thinks it is possible.

The fact that the keyboard comes with the default rainbow wave pattern on the device and can be displayed before you ever even install CUE kind of indicates that as well surely?

How can that be true, when I used to be able to do it with normal CUE?

I would be able to set one specific profile as the default to be stored on the device. The fact there is a button that specifically says:

"Save static lighting, DPI, and performance to device" would suggest Corsair thinks it is possible.

The fact that the keyboard comes with the default rainbow wave pattern on the device and can be displayed before you ever even install CUE kind of indicates that as well surely?

Only STATIC LIGHTING can be assigned to the k70/95 RGB without running CUE or iCUE. The 'default rainbow wave pattern' you were experiencing is a hidden 'demo mode' feature within the OG RGB keyboards and rarely triggers on these boards.

At this time only the K95 Platinum has support for onboard lighting effects without the need of Corsair's interface.

Edited by StrangeGeek
Grammar

I do apologise.

I thought I was trying to save a profile that had static lighting, however I was accidentally selecting a profile with "animated" lighting in.

Selected the right profile and bingo, it works :)

• 1 year later...