Corsair Community

Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Double-Click Problem (Solved)

still, the switches are most likely defect whether you plug the mouse in or not

Have you watched the video? I wager not.

As the video explained the china omron switches are working outside their minimum specs due to lower voltage in today mice circuitry.

Most likely you have less issues when the mouse is plugged in as while it's charging the mouse is likely getting a slight boost in power.

The jap omron switches are of better quality on both the metal they use and as such have better tolerances etc etc...it's all in that video.

There will be no recall, this is an ongoing issue with many mice..it's not just corsair....

Edited by Fillmore Graves

Have you watched the video? I wager not.

As the video explained the china omron switches are working outside their minimum specs due to lower voltage in today mice circuitry.

Most likely you have less issues when the mouse is plugged in as while it's charging the mouse is likely getting a slight boost in power.

The jap omron switches are of better quality on both the metal they use and as such have better tolerances etc etc...it's all in that video.

There will be no recall, this is an ongoing issue with many mice..it's not just corsair....

Are you listening to me? I wager not. The sporadic nature of the issue makes me thing it isn't hardware related. You're obsessed with the switches. I'm not voiding the warranty on my mouse without proof from you.

Are you listening to me? I wager not. The sporadic nature of the issue makes me thing it isn't hardware related. You're obsessed with the switches. I'm not voiding the warranty on my mouse without proof from you.

Hey if on warranty I understand you do not want to break that however how am I suppose to know if your stuff is still under warranty?

I am not obsessed with anything I am however an electronics technician and and worked in the field for quite a few years and have been fixing my own stuff for 30 years or so, unless it costs more to fix than buy new which happens a lot more nowadays than when I was much younger and still fixing vcrs and crt tv.

You keep asking for proof well... no one can give any other than anecdotal evidence of their own experience.... so why ever you are hear venting on other users simply trying to answer your questions instead starting the rma process directly with corsair I do not know.

If you are under warranty and and do not wish to do anything that risks messing with that, which is understandable, then stop wasting your time here and get in touch with corsair, if they suspect there some software issues they can actually correct I am sure they will let you know before asking you to send the mouse back to them etc.

About the only thing software side they can do IMO is maybe tweak the debounce time which isn't really fixing the root cause of the issue.

Good luck.

Edited by Fillmore Graves

Hey if on warranty I understand you do not want to break that however how am I suppose to know if your stuff is still under warranty?

I am not obsessed with anything I am however an electronics technician and and worked in the field for quite a few years and have been fixing my own stuff for 30 years or so, unless it costs more to fix than buy new which happens a lot more nowadays than when I was much younger and still fixing vcrs and crt tv.

You keep asking for proof well... no one can give any other than anecdotal evidence of their own experience.... so why ever you are hear venting on other users simply trying to answer your questions instead starting the rma process directly with corsair I do not know.

If you are under warranty and and do not wish to do anything that risks messing with that, which is understandable, then stop wasting your time here and get in touch with corsair, if they suspect there some software issues they can actually correct I am sure they will let you know before asking you to send the mouse back to them etc.

About the only thing software side they can do IMO is maybe tweak the debounce time which isn't really fixing the root cause of the issue.

Good luck.

It's a firmware problem, I'm absolutely sure about it because my problems of double-click started just 5 seconds after I updated it and 5 seconds before I didn't have them.

Key firmware: 1.7.58

Mouse firmware: 1.9.85

Hope Corsair solve this problem, mouse is super hard to use under this conditions.

Mouse bought in Spain by the way, if it's of any use.

Kind regards.

Good luck.

I did say I've only had it a month. I'm positive it's a software issue because a hardware problem would show more regularly. Even unplugging the USB cable after charging made the driver crash Windows at one point. That may be unrelated, but it still points to software trouble.

I got a replacement mouse and it worked fine for a few days. I updated the firmware in iCUE today and immediately noticed the double-clicks return.

I followed the instructions on the third post of this thread from 2FAN, and rolled back the firmware to 0.5.49 (dongle) 0.6.70 (mouse) and the issue seems to be gone again.

I'll be careful not to update again!

I just can't believe it's not solved yet. **** this mouse I'm going back to Logitech.

Quick update for all of you. Testing is looking promising, but I can't provide any additional information to all of you. Once I have more information on the solution, I'll be sure to let all of you know.

It's the firmware for sure. Thank you for the updates.

Edited by james420

I just can't believe it's not solved yet. **** this mouse I'm going back to Logitech.

It's the firmware for sure. Thank you for the updates.

Ditto, after support told me to rollback and re-pair the mouse and dongle, I haven't experienced anything as far as phantom clicks.

Had the same problem With my harpoon after updating the firmware but i was thinking it was more of a problem with icue that i updated at the same time. Reinstalled Icue didn't fix the problem and i had the mouse for a little while so i was thinking it was too much abuse from my part,so i went and got a new mouse of the same model since i liked it.

New mouse,came with latest firmware already installed in it,Fresh install,double click right out of the box.

And now i find this thread.

Many new users will just return it as defective so i hope it will be fixed really soon.

Talked to my friend at the local Bestbuy and he told me his manager pulled them off the shelve until this is resolved cause they had too many return already.

My case was worse! the day I got the Harpoon wireless mouse, I was very happy.

I installed iCUE and updated the mouse and dongle firmware to 1.9.85 and I was designing something, I was rapidly changing dpi and suddenly it got turned off, I tried to reset it but when I switch on or connect to USB cable dpi sensor only flash blink once and then there is no response! It was like the mouse become as dummy! No working in all 3 modes, removed iCue too and restarted laptop nothing worked for me, laptop was not detecting the mouse. Also I was unsuccessful to reset it because it is not turning on just dpi sensor blink once green that's all!

Not even 3 days passed since delivery and there was also no option to get refund due to some policies through distributor and already sent it back for replacement, I am thinking not to even install icue and use mouse with default settings with Bluetooth

Edited by Nikku1905

Hi, been living with this double click issue for awhile now. I really like the mouse but it is making doing simple things while gaming a massive chore. I shoot more than I want in FPS games, I can't move items in WoW. This is seriously crippling and I have been watching this thread for awhile. I have tried every fix in this thread and I am still getting the ghost double left clicks. Please fix this.....:(:

• Corsair Employee
My case was worse! the day I got the Harpoon wireless mouse, I was very happy.

I installed iCUE and updated the mouse and dongle firmware to 1.9.85 and I was designing something, I was rapidly changing dpi and suddenly it got turned off, I tried to reset it but when I switch on or connect to USB cable dpi sensor only flash blink once and then there is no response! It was like the mouse become as dummy! No working in all 3 modes, removed iCue too and restarted laptop nothing worked for me, laptop was not detecting the mouse. Also I was unsuccessful to reset it because it is not turning on just dpi sensor blink once green that's all!

Not even 3 days passed since delivery and there was also no option to get refund due to some policies through distributor and already sent it back for replacement, I am thinking not to even install icue and use mouse with default settings with Bluetooth

This sounds like a different issue. Have you tested the mouse on a different PC yet? I would reach out to Technical Support, as we can have the mouse replace if needed since it's covered by the 2-year warranty.

https://support.corsair.com/

Edited by Corsair Nick

Hello. My mouse Harpoon RGB does this also. I use it at the office. It gets worse over the course of the day. Restarting my PC "resets" how bad/often a click = a double click.

It is becoming unbearable. Is one able to RMA the mouse because of this reason/bug? I bought it on ebay (new) but from a private seller.

Edited by KryanDE

...aaaand it's back! So, there seem to be an issue that is triggered by a bug somewhere in the drivers or firmware. Could it be related to the driver installing multiple instances of the mouse? I mean, it sounds plausible that the double click is simply the driver registering the click more than once from virtual devices...

OCFuYaW.png

THANK YOU. I had three "additional" mice being detected. I deleted them and now there's no more double clicking issues for me. (I also flashed back to the 0.5.49 firmware version, but that alone didn't solve the issue until I deleted the additional "mice").

This sounds like a different issue. Have you tested the mouse on a different PC yet? I would reach out to Technical Support, as we can have the mouse replace if needed since it's covered by the 2-year warranty.

https://support.corsair.com/

Yes sir, I tested on 3 different laptops all with iCUE installed, but it does not respond.

I went to nearby service center of corsair and they said this will get replaced. I agreed with them, but it's been almost 20 days since I submitted (25th Aug 2020) my mouse to them, I did contacted (on 9th Sept) them back to ask about status they said they can't confirm the estimated time when my new replacement get available but they said you will get a SMS around this week.

New week is going to start tomorrow I will again ask them about the status because I didn't got any info through SMS since last call (9th Sept 2020).

I think rapid DPI changing corrupted the firmware.

Hello, my mouse Harpoon RGB Wireless was also facing the double click issue but then i came across this forum and saw the solution for double click problem. I applied the reverting back to previous firmware and it worked also but a cost now i am unable to use my mouse with dongle/USB receiver its not working with it. Its only working with wire and Bluetooth.

I also thought of going back to latest firmware but i am now unable to install that it shows error that "Plug in USB wireless receiver to update" when i plug the receiver another device shows up and when try to update through that device it says "Plug in USB cable to update". Can anybody tell me what to do and i have also tried clean installation of ICUE but that also not helpful

• Corsair Employee
Today I contacted the service center they just said to contact Corsair on their email Id indiaservice@corsair.com.

It's been almost 20 days since I requested for the replacement. This is very poor service of Corsair!

Our support team is experiencing higher volume that normal with everything going on, which has caused some delays, but we're working ongoing to improve that. If you're located in India, the RMA process is a little different, and the email address is the correct one to contact. If you don't hear anything back in 1-2 days, we can try escalating the issue.

This hasn't been solved for me either yet, right now, it's near enough unusable. I've been running the old firmware without problem since my post some months ago. I only have the issue with the latest version available. I've experienced a lot of other annoying issues in the past they need to re-vamp the software from the ground up at this point. Hope the staff will take a look at it in the near future?

Our support team is experiencing higher volume that normal with everything going on, which has caused some delays, but we're working ongoing to improve that. If you're located in India, the RMA process is a little different, and the email address is the correct one to contact. If you don't hear anything back in 1-2 days, we can try escalating the issue.

It's been a week since I contacted them but there was no reply. My whole designing work is on hold because of this I really need to buy a mouse and right now I am considering Logitech G305.

Seriously it's been a month and Corsair service center can't able to replace single peripheral! I have lost all the hope with this brand.

It was my first! and last! experience with this brand and will not recommend this brand to my family and friends

Also please do let me know a single person who keeps this much patience, who gave his device just after the delivery and again waited for 30+ days hoping to cooperate with the company fully.