Corsair Community

ram red triangle in icue

brand new system, clean methodical install of everything. windows updated and patched. installed icue with no issues. i did not install link as i read the newer icue superceded the old link software.

im going to short version this. you can read my ire below if you want but all i want is a 100%, a repeatable and verified method to get icue to recognize ram. repeatable and verified.

now for the long version...

there is nothing on this system yet except chrome, windows, newest nvidia drivers, and.....icue. ive got the k95 platinum, the h150i aio, the mouse and an h1200i psu sitting on the corsair mouse mat. the meg ace x570 doesnt have enough usb headers to handle all of that so i had to leave the psu out of the icue loop. its platinum certified so i have to trust it and i can get general info with other apps anyway.

first off, corsair customer service is bad enough to cause a knee jerk reaction of returning everything i just bought. over 30 minutes on hold and then a message saying, we dont care about you, we disrespect you personally and by extension the money you paid us, we hate you and we are going to drop the call to make sure you know all of that. you are welcome to call back and experience the same treatment as often as you would like.

thats ok, build enough computers and you know you are on your own most if not all of the time. but next one wont have any corsair in it. i dont know how the fcc lets you get away with dropping people but thats outside the scope of why your software wont recognize your ram....

so before posting i read all the highly technical suggestions littered over various threads. reinstall cue. kill the processes and force it to rescan devices, and my favorite, unplug it all and plug it back in.

let me start by saying i went through all that, not because i believed any of it would matter, but because i wanted to say, i did that.

so here we are, several years into customers saying loudly and often that the software sucks, and the software still sucks even in a full corsair environment. why would you not hire competent people to code this mess? why would you ignore your customers for so long? why do you charge so much for items and then make it our responsibility to fiddle and mess with it for hours, eventually giving up, searching for a forum, only to find JV suggestions about JV software? and unrelated, but im butthurt about it so ill throw it in here, the h150i rgb is not rgb except for the heatsink. the fans are not rgb, however i did spend another 112.00 on 3 pretty corsair fans, only to find if you plug them into the aio fan slots, you cant control the fans nor the colors. only by going through the node will they work.

so im asking for somebody who knows 100%, a repeatable and verified method to get icue to recognize ram. repeatable and verified.

Im having same issue since installing iCue 3.23.66, no more rgb control over the RAM. Never had this issue before, but installing that update broke something.

Does it not show up at all in iCUE or does it show up, but not controllable?

Close iCUE and restart it and let me know if that is a temp fix. I have encountered the same issue on one of my PCs, that is how I fix the break light/red triangle temporarily. I reported the issue to Corsair and I need to try a few more things.

Update: removing RGB Fusion/MB software resolves the issue for me completely.

Edited by solarity

Does it not show up at all in iCUE or does it show up, but not controllable?

Close iCUE and restart it and let me know if that is a temp fix. I have encountered the same issue on one of my PCs, that is how I fix the break light/red triangle temporarily. I reported the issue to Corsair and I need to try a few more things.

Update: removing RGB Fusion/MB software resolves the issue for me completely.

Closing and restarting iCue gives me the same result, can see the ram with red triangle and no rgb control. Will look into rgb fusion when i get home, but im pretty sure its already uninstalled since its so bad.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had this problem too. After some testing i found out it would only occur if i had the Full Software Control enabled.

After disabling it the memory rgb works as it should. Don't know if it is a bug on the ram's firmware, in the icue software or if XMP being enabled might afect it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem and what I found was I was running plugins to run rgb lighting on my asus prime mobo and was also running the asus aura app which also controls the rgb on the board. I didn't intend to use ique for the mobo, it just discovered it automatically. so what I did was just disable the plugins on ique and problem solved. if your having this problem try that out.

hope this helps someone

• 8 months later...

So, this error has nothing to do with settings in UEFI? Seems to happen to me,

I don't have other apps that control RGB, or settings of the memory. Their

has to be a fix for this, been going on for awhile. I thought even running

memory at stock settings, and after awhile in windows, it shows up with

the red mark in IQUE, Why can't Corsair fix this?

• Corsair Employee
So, this error has nothing to do with settings in UEFI? Seems to happen to me,

I don't have other apps that control RGB, or settings of the memory. Their

has to be a fix for this, been going on for awhile. I thought even running

memory at stock settings, and after awhile in windows, it shows up with

the red mark in IQUE, Why can't Corsair fix this?

If your motherboard as a UEFI BIOS option to enable, disable, and control the RGB of your motherboard you can disable that and it can help to. It is always recommended to keep your BIOS up to date too.

I have the same problem. Every time I start my PC the ICUE software shows the little red triangle on my Vengeance PRO RGB ram. The ram can not be controlled and lights up in the color that was active before the PC shutdown. I can temporarily fix it by forcing the firmware update on the ram to the same one it is already using. After the firmware update sometimes ICUE recognizes both of my two ram modules, sometimes just one. After a restart of ICUE the red triangle comes back and the ram cannot be controlled. This bug persists for month now. Is corsair working on a fix for this? I use ICUE 3.37.140 with AURA 1.07.79_V2.2. Nothing else. I already reinstalled Windows without any success. Bios is also on the newest version.diMt2lR

Now that you mentioned it, same exact thing happens here with their flagship Dominator

Pro RGB's. I thought maybe the red mark was due to invalid memory timings, or not enough voltage or something, but its to do with setting Colors. I don't use any RGB

tools, just whats in EVGA Precision X1. So what are they waiting on? since there alot of

us who are having this issue.

ASUS recently released a new update to their "HAL Central" (hardware abstraction layer) and I think that is what "broke" iCUE. In short, I think the new HAL update is basically trying to control the RAM before iCUE can "take control" of it so iCUE throws an error. As soon I ran the "Armory Crate Uninstall" tool from ASUS to completely remove that software and it's services (the services are actually the important part in this instance), iCUE was able to control my RAM again.

The downside is I can no longer control the lighting on my motherboard but I'm sure a new update will get released from either ASUS or Corsair (or both) that will rectify the issue. The question is just what the update will be (BIOS, Software, HAL, etc) and when that will happen.

Also, just to be clear, I had Armory Crate running alongside iCUE for a little over a month (just built this system a little over a month ago) with no issues. As soon as the HAL update got released from ASUS is when I started seeing these problems. I also have EVGA's Precision X1 installed and that causes no issues.

Edited by L33T5ON

I think i might have resolved it. I was cleaning up the registry, and add remove, with Revo, and found EVGA LED Sync tool , and removed it, and

Precision X still works fine, and no red marks in ICUE, maybe that was it.

We will si, now i have a line going up and down on the lighting node pro,

and when i run a firmware forceed update, it runs normal again, so there

issue inside ICUE.

• Corsair Employee
I think i might have resolved it. I was cleaning up the registry, and add remove, with Revo, and found EVGA LED Sync tool , and removed it, and

Precision X still works fine, and no red marks in ICUE, maybe that was it.

We will si, now i have a line going up and down on the lighting node pro,

and when i run a firmware forceed update, it runs normal again, so there

issue inside ICUE.

No the issue is not with the iCUE software. As stated previously you had additional RGB controlling software installed that was causing the conflict.

ASUS recently released a new update to their "HAL Central" (hardware abstraction layer) and I think that is what "broke" iCUE. In short, I think the new HAL update is basically trying to control the RAM before iCUE can "take control" of it so iCUE throws an error. As soon I ran the "Armory Crate Uninstall" tool from ASUS to completely remove that software and it's services (the services are actually the important part in this instance), iCUE was able to control my RAM again.

The downside is I can no longer control the lighting on my motherboard but I'm sure a new update will get released from either ASUS or Corsair (or both) that will rectify the issue. The question is just what the update will be (BIOS, Software, HAL, etc) and when that will happen.

Also, just to be clear, I had Armory Crate running alongside iCUE for a little over a month (just built this system a little over a month ago) with no issues. As soon as the HAL update got released from ASUS is when I started seeing these problems. I also have EVGA's Precision X1 installed and that causes no issues.

When I had the Armory Crate Software installed I was not able to control my motherboard LEDs in ICUE (but I also did not get that triangle error on ram). When I tried to uninstall and reinstall both Armory Crate and ICUE software I did not get it to work because it is not possible to completely uninstall Armory Crate with all its software fragments, even though I tried their optional uninstall tool. Thats why I completely reinstalled Windows 10 with just the standalone AURA 1.07.79_V2.2 and the newest ICUE. The version of AURA should not have any of that ASUS HAL nonsense. I had everything working in the past with just AURA 1.07.79 and an older version of ICUE. Now I'm able to control the motherboard LEDs but get that triangle error on pretty much every start of ICUE.