Corsair Community

Need a replacement key

diftow

There are no K95 keycap replacements on the Corsair store, despite this being the most expensive keyboard. Cost me nearly $200 for this keyboard.

I had to RMA this keyboard twice because of failing LEDs, so I easily paid over $200 if you include return shipping. Hindsight, I'll never buy an LED keyboard again because its just more things that can fail.

But the issue now is the keycaps, and I don't see any options on the Corsair store.

I'm making this thread because I know I'm not the only one who has had to deal with these cheap plastic parts, so someone out there must know what the best replacement option is.

If I cannot just buy ONE replacement key, and I have to buy an entire set, I want quality this time. Not the wrong set of fragile keycaps.

The plastic in these original keycaps are ONLY 1 millimeter or less in width, with barely any reinforcement. In inches guys, that's a pitiful 1/26".

I'd expect more for spending $180, but if not for that reason, my past experience with other keyboards.

My first computer came with a buckling spring keyboard, that was back in 1995. I used that keyboard as a kid, so I was probably rough on it, but you know what, after over 6 years daily usage, not one keycap broke.

I used a cheap logitech membrance keyboard, for at least 8 years. Used it so much, the lettering on the keys wore off from the oil on my fingers, but guess what, not a single keycap broke.

Edited by diftow
A

Contact support through the ticket system and see if there is an arrangement that can be made. I don't know any brand that sells individual letter keys, but I suspect a solution can be found. The link is the "Support Ticket System" at the top of the page.

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it. I started a support ticket at the same time as the thread, just waiting to hear back.

I notice the set doesn't include the media keys, 18 G-keys, or various other keys.

Do you typically replace those through support tickets or sell them upon request? Just curious for the future so I'm prepared incase one of those break.

I noticed with the PBT upgrade, it also doesn't cover all of the keycaps on my K95.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately another key broke, so I decided to order the PBT double shot set, the white keycaps went on sale 50% off, so it was meant to be.

I've asked support for replacement keycaps for the ones not sold on the store, such as the G keys, media keys, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

the keycaps are quite poor. i tried to get a couple replacements which was denied, then i bitched and said i was never buying anything of theirs again and they sent me the 5 that were broken. i haven't put them on the keyboard yet so there are just empty spaces, but i am saving them for when i start playing a game that needs them because i know they will break in a couple months.

two more keys broke since then. i have had 7 or 8 keyboards so far in my life, and each one was flawless when i sold it for my upgrade. this is the only one i have ever had any sort of problem with. they definitely need to redesign their keys since i can find quite a lot of topics with this problem.

• 2 months later...