Corsair Community

iCUE 3.19 System Interrupts High CPU Usage

momorious

You have very similar specs... same chipset, RAM, CPU.

Can you open Task manager, check in the details tab for System Interrupts. Is it using 5-6% CPU?

In the performance tab, right click on the graph and select Change graph to Logical processors.

Task-Manager-change-CPU-graph.png

I just saw your message, sorry.

I went back to the old version and my problems improved.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm seeing some CPU issues with 3.19 as well.

I use the Balanced power plan in Windows, and when I installed iCUE 3.19, HWiNFO64 showed my CPU clocks were always at 4.4GHz, even when idle with no programs open in the foreground.

TeUbUKn.png

When I exit iCUE from the system tray, the CPU cores would downclock back to 800MHz.

I reinstalled iCUE 3.18.77 and am not seeing this issue anymore.

What gives, Corsair?

I have exactly the same problem.

In idle the CPU is permanently boosted to maximum clocks 4.7 GHz and I've never had this problem with any ICUE version until now ( 3.19 )

I uninstalled 3.19 and back to 3.18.77 and problem goes away

When you guys post for the first time, can you list your chipset/platform and whether or not you are using RGB RAM?

Sometimes it is in your profile, but not everybody. I am seeing a lot of Z370/Z390 motherboards, but then that is a very common platform. In my testing, it is solely the presence of the RGB RAM that turns it from functional to fatally flawed. I see some of you have RGB RAM, but maybe not all.

It seems I can no longer use iCUE even if I wanted to, after uninstalling 3.19 and going back to 3.18 the software is crashing instantly every time I try to start it. :wtfeh: :mad:

EDIT: I figured it out. To get it runing again I just had to delete the Users/XXXX/AppData/Roaming/Corsair folder then start iCUE again. doh! :!oops::laughing:

Edited by nowcontrol

Same exact issue, going back to 3.18 NO DEVICES LISTED, how do I get them back?

I have corsair Scimitar mouse

K95 PRO RGB kb.

My Stats

I7 8700K

32GB Vengenance ram

1080TI, was getting over 200FPS before in Overwatch No I'm barely getting 100.

Back to 3.18 I am back to 200 + fps. G-SYNC disabled in both. The rest of my specs are up to date. Z370 mOBO Asus Maximus X Code.

Worst part is going back to 3.18 and my devices are gone, games are not playing in 3.19.

hELP!

Edited by Alcasczar

I'm having no problems with the update ... specs as follows:

ASUS Z370 Prime PII

i7-8700

Non-RGB Vengeance 16G 3200 CM16

ASUS TUF 2060 OC

EVO Plus NVME 500G main drive

Seagate FireCuda 2TB secondary drive

4xML120 PRO RGBs, 2xML140 PRO RGBs

H115i cooler

RM750i PSU

Corsair 500D case

1080P 60 5ms monitor

Windows 10 Pro x64

AVG Free antivirus

Edited by andymw

I'm seeing some CPU issues with 3.19 as well.

I use the Balanced power plan in Windows, and when I installed iCUE 3.19, HWiNFO64 showed my CPU clocks were always at 4.4GHz, even when idle with no programs open in the foreground.

TeUbUKn.png

When I exit iCUE from the system tray, the CPU cores would downclock back to 800MHz.

I reinstalled iCUE 3.18.77 and am not seeing this issue anymore.

What gives, Corsair?

welcome to what ryzen users have been stuck with for a while, with corsair in full denial

Same exact issue, going back to 3.18 NO DEVICES LISTED, how do I get them back!

Devices are loaded each time the app starts. If nothing loaded with iCUE, quit the app in system tray, then kill the Corsair.service in the task manager, just to be thorough. Then re-launch iCUE.

Keyboard/mouse detection issues are not as common as internal devices. If they still don’t show up, unplug them from the USB port and reinsert. If still nothing, try a repair installation of iCUE. Go to the settings->Applications in Windows. Click on iCUE and modify. Follow the prompts.

Devices are loaded each time the app starts. If nothing loaded with iCUE, quit the app in system tray, then kill the Corsair.service in the task manager, just to be thorough. Then re-launch iCUE.

Keyboard/mouse detection issues are not as common as internal devices. If they still don’t show up, unplug them from the USB port and reinsert. If still nothing, try a repair installation of iCUE. Go to the settings->Applications in Windows. Click on iCUE and modify. Follow the prompts.

Thanks bud, I managed to get them back by uninstalling 3.18 and re-installing with the MSI package.

Am now just tweaking my settings cause I brain pooted on where I stored my most recent backup of my profile. I'll probably find it when I have redone everything xD

I'm getting the same problem as this, but also with 3.18 i'm losing about 30-40fps in cpu bound games like GTA 5, Battlefield games, Football Manager etc.

With 3.19 it is dramatically worse making every game unplayable.

Edited by GS1981

I haven't read all pages of this thread but 1 problem for me with this latest release was my 1080 Ti would every 30 or so seconds get really low GPU usage ingame so I'd get a sort of intermitent stutter, Didn't matter if I had G-Sync on or off.

CPU is a 9900K with Z390 mobo.

Edited by Dicehunter

This version has high cpu usage for the first cpu core i.e core 0 ranging from 30-100 percent which causes low cpu single core score and low gpu usage and frames in games as well as frame drops and stutters in games so avoid using this version and dont update icue if you haven't stick with the older version

Yeah, exactly that is the issue. It's extremely surprising that corsair didn't pulled this completely bugged version but continues to risk this known issue to affect hundreds and thousands of systems.. Very poor marketing strategy. And also they don't even say anything official about this.. Bad customer service as well.

Destiny 2 max settings 1080P MSI Afterburner GPU Usage chart.

With iCUE installed

lvJIAQd.jpg

Without iCUE installed

z0tyI2o.jpg

The drop off at the end on both charts is me alt tabbing out.

Without iCUE installed my frame rate shoots up and my intermittent stutters are completely gone, With iCUE installed I lose around 70FPS, My minimums are a hell of a lot lower AND every 20 or so seconds I get stuttering due to GPU usage plummeting.

It's not an isolated case anymore Corsair, You guys need to start testing your software properly before you release it and stop treating your PAYING customers as guinea pigs, Don't know if you've noticed but your hardware isn't exactly cheap and it needs this software to fully function, Your software is chomping HUGE amounts of performance, It's simply unacceptable, If I was on the software team at Corsair I'd be utterly ashamed to release a product that not only doesn't work properly but has such a drastic negative impact on a systems performance.

Edited by Dicehunter

And your system specs are???

Windows 10 Pro x64

Acer Predator X34a

i7-6700k

Corsair h115i

Nvidia MSI Ventus 2080ti OC

16gb of ddr4 3000mhz (Corsair Vengeance LED)

3 x samsung evo 870 ssds

Corsair HX750i psu

Logitech G560 RGB Speakers

Corsair RGB peripherals are

K70 Rapidire

Dark Core Mouse

Void Pro

the RGB headset holder

the RGB mouse mat

Add me to the list of users with high cpu usage on one core due to "system interrupts"

It happened after I had to reinstall windows because windows update was broken for the last two CU's so ofc after a fresh install this issue appeared and after some googling I assumed one of my driver's was broken.

So I reinstalled again paying attention to the cpu usage after each driver and piece of software I installed and bam as soon as I installed the latest icue the issue came back.. great knowing I did an extra reinstall and wasted 3/4 hours extra than I needed to so thanks for that Corsair.

Asus PRIME Z370-A

i7 8700k

16gb corsair vengeance LED (non rgb) 3200mhz ram

Gigabyte RTX 2060

Latest windows 10 build 1903 (18362.329)

iCue 3.19.120

Add me to the list of users with high cpu usage on one core due to "system interrupts"

It happened after I had to reinstall windows because windows update was broken for the last two CU's so ofc after a fresh install this issue appeared and after some googling I assumed one of my driver's was broken.

So I reinstalled again paying attention to the cpu usage after each driver and piece of software I installed and bam as soon as I installed the latest icue the issue came back.. great knowing I did an extra reinstall and wasted 3/4 hours extra than I needed to so thanks for that Corsair.

Asus PRIME Z370-A

i7 8700k

16gb corsair vengeance LED (non rgb) 3200mhz ram

Gigabyte RTX 2060

Latest windows 10 build 1903 (18362.329)

iCue 3.19.120

Same thing for me pretty much, i thought it was either the Windows 10 1903 update or the latest Nvidia drivers, it wasn't until i did a couple of formats and did a process of elimination thing that i figured out it was iCue.

I reformatted my computer because of this update. I didn't think about iCUE as being the culprit until after I reinstalled Windows and had the same performance issues after installing the utility. Using 3.18 now and not having the FPS drops/stutters.

If I ever have a performance issue in the future, the first thing I'm checking is iCUE. If there's ever an update available for iCUE, the first thing I'm checking are these forums. Is QA in the house?

I reformatted my computer because of this update. I didn't think about iCUE as being the culprit until after I reinstalled Windows and had the same performance issues after installing the utility. Using 3.18 now and not having the FPS drops/stutters.

If I ever have a performance issue in the future, the first thing I'm checking is iCUE. If there's ever an update available for iCUE, the first thing I'm checking are these forums. Is QA in the house?

Obviously QA and Betateam failed to identify this groundbreaking issue. But corsair not even seems to see a reason to say anything regarding this issue. Instead, they still have this bugged version online instead of pulling it after so many issue reports already in just a few days. Actually pretty bad customer service here imo as well as bad QA.

• Like 1

It seems the customer is the QA, If iCUE continues down this path of affecting overall performance I can see myself swapping out my Corsair fans and AIO and going with a hardware based solution that doesn't require any type of software.

That's interesting. I also noticed a 20% FPS loss with 3.19 installed but didn't looked at cpu usage... That would be a perfect explanation of why performance is bad and Gsync doesn't work properly. But for sure this new version is completely broken.

It's the same thing with GSYNC on or off, Its been days and Corsair has been silent about it , at least they could let us know they've acknowledged there is an issue and attempting to fix / pull the download off the site.

Honestly, I just came to the conclusion that it's better to just not have any RGB software from any company running at all, ever. Just set your colors and close it forever because none of these guys can be trusted to make a working piece of software. Like others have said, how is this still available to download?

Has anyone heard from Corsair James on this? From previous threads, this sort of thing doesn't seem to get sorted until he gets involved.

Beta guys, what is Corsair's level of awareness of these issues, any idea?

As usual, their silence is deafening...and not even patch notes available. I just don't understand why someone can't take 5 minutes to say, "yes, we know, we're looking at it". For people experiencing these issues the lack of communication is basically destroying customer loyalty and endorsement.