Corsair Community

570x QL Fan H150i Push/Pull build

Zotty, sorry I missed your reply. I have 2 of the 678c carbide repeaters that you had suggested. Since asking you here I unplugged and replugged everything, perhaps in a different configuration without realizing, and things seem better. Currently I have 10 QL fans running but zero temp, USB, LED, of FAN terminals occupied on the commander pro. I won't be able to avoid it for the final version of the build but I suspect if I plug some fans into CPRO again it'll act funny. Currently despite nothing connected to it there is a phantom FAN1 3300rpm and FAN2 0rpm that comes and goes.

Here it is. I don't know how best to share videos.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wrob9h1ks2lhfr/weird%20icue%202-6-2020-1.m4v?dl=0

Zotty, you might know if this is possible or not. If you have a minute could you take a look?

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1034144#post1034144

well thats strange!. tried doing a forced firmware upgrade to see if it clears it?

Many times. You can see the voltages on the right doing weird things too. I also tested a 2nd brand new commander pro and it behaved the same way. How do you make those wiring diagrams? I may need to do something like that to explain this but basically nothing is connected to the commander pro right now. Everything, including the commander pro, is running through 2 NZXT internal USB hubs. PWM repeaters are plugged into the h150i fan plugs or my GPU AIO fan plugs.

you could run 6 fans off the commander pro and 3 off of the h150i yes.. technically thats the correct way to do it.. but does mean syncing fans speeds is done in 2 different sections of icue for fans on the front and the back of the rad.. where as by using the repeater hub you control all 6 rad fans via the h150's performance tab in icue., they all appear as a single fan.. set speed/curve.. job done

Awesome looking build Zotty, and thank you for the diagram. QQ...and not meaning to derail the thread so this can be deleted if mods wish.

I've embarked on a 3950x build with H150i Pro in a PC-O11 XL. I currently have 2 3-packs of LL120s with lighting nodes and a ML120 that I originally planned to use as an exhaust fan. The 3 ML120 PWMs on the H150i Pro make 10 total fans, and I am considering another 3-pack of RGB fans on the radiator to replace the ML120s. Thinking top-mounted radiator and using the fans as exhaust. I have also purchased a Commander Pro...

My question is, what do you think would be optimal connections for the build? If my thinking is off, please let me know. 7 years removed from my last PC build and pretty excited...

• 1 month later...

Hi, nice setup you got there :)

I have the corsair 680x case and got the h150i pro, also put ql fans to push. I'm wondering should I go push pull config. I have the 3 extra fans but just need to but 3x 2 way splitters for fan power (gonna be easier to find in my country then other solutions). I was wondering what are your temperatures? Should i go for it temperature wise? I have an 9900k and it runs pretty hot.

at minimum it allows you to run lower fan speeds.... as for actual temp differences... not much in it really. but the thicker the rad the more it helps (imho). looks GREAT though lol Edited by Zotty