View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 02:03 PM
luis.alcala86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 968698
luis.alcala86 Reputation: 10
Default New To Overclocking

Hey Everyone,

I am editing my old post since I think I was being a little to vague. As the title says, I am new to overclocking and I just finished building my first rig. I listed all my system specs in the profile but not the h100i v2. Could not find a place for it.

I have read through the whole Liquid Cooler FAQ Guide from DevBiker and have tried my best to follow the troubleshooting scenarios that he has described. I followed Boosted Media's Overclocking Guide for the 8700K and mismatched some settings from der8auer to help with my overclocking. I should mention that I am only trying to go as high as 4.8 GHZ at the moment until I fully understand more of the principles of this fine art. I do have some questions on how I can use my AIO Pump to its full capability:

1.) The forums mention that the pump has to run on full 12V for it to operate properly. Devbiker says to put the CPU Fan Speed at 100% in the BIOS. I tried finding this option on the Asus Prime z370-A BIOS and I could not locate it. The only this I could find was the Q-Fan Control. Is this the same thing? Should I disable this or does anyone know where I can turn the CPU Fan speed to 100%?

2.) If I am understanding correctly, this model of AIO only runs in 2 modes. Quiet and Performance. There is an option for Balance but it wont allow me to select the Pump only the fans. I am using the ICUE to control my Corsair RGB and the Pump as well. When I look at the RPM for the Fans on the H100i it says 0 RPM. Is this something to do with my BIOS Settings?

3.) How do Fan curves work on this ICUE system? I am trying to keep my temps as low as possible in idle and full load but I dont know what temp averages I should be seeing. I live in Long Beach, CA where weather right now is at 26C - 31C.

I will not be gaming on this computer as I am a console person, sorry guys and gals, this system will be used for Visual Effects, editing, 3D Modeling, texturing, compositing, etc. Sorry for the rant but I am just trying to learn as much as I can and pass the knowledge on.