Corsair Community

Save profiles to keyboard?

leasoncre

Product used with: Corsair K95 Platinum

1 How do i save profiles to the keyboard?

There is no 'save' button in CUE. the only memory managment i can find in CUE is to clear memory. no clear way to tell if a profile is saved to the keyboard or not.

2 How do i set the default profile? (and don't tell me i have to name it 'default'! >_>)

3 How do i get back to the main/starter page of CUE after i've clicked on a profile to edit/look at?

4. How do i change profiles to be used WITHOUT HAVING TO OPEN CUE SOFTWARE at every system start? wtf m8? (i assume this is related to not being able to save profile to the keyboard)

--------

other gripes about CUE: (mainly use the lighting effects tab)

-"Advanced" mode in CUE is seemingly worse than not-advanced.

-missing basic options like direction of animation

-missing option to add/set number of colors

-enabling this disables/hides all previously added animations from non-advanced mode! (stupid)

-how does the opacity chart graph thingie even work?

advanced mode really doesn't work.. not intuitive, and missing too many customization abilities.

I seriously think this program is alpha.. missing the most basic things.

Thanks for reading, and hope someone can help.

1. The K95 Platinum can only save hardware profiles to its memory.

2. The defaults profile is simply the profile at the top of the list.

3. Click on the Corsair logo to go back to the home page.

4. Unless you have saved the hardware profile to memory you will need CUE open to access any software profiles.

I would recommend reding this manual if you are new to CUE 2 http://bit.do/CUE2M

Product used with: Corsair K95 Platinum

other gripes about CUE: (mainly use the lighting effects tab)

• "Advanced" mode in CUE is seemingly worse than not-advanced.
  • missing basic options like direction of animation
  • missing option to add/set number of colors
  • enabling this disables/hides all previously added animations from non-advanced mode! (stupid)
  • how does the opacity chart graph thingie even work?
  • advanced mode really doesn't work.. not intuitive, and missing too many customization abilities.

I seriously think this program is alpha.. missing the most basic things.

Thanks for reading, and hope someone can help.

Most basic things are doable in basic mode. Advanced model allows for advanced manual control, where one could assign solid lighting with timing on specific keys to perform animations--I hope you try RGB Share in advanced mode to see exactly what CUE 2 is capable of, and examine the profiles and read the forums to learn more on how this is done.

Note that Advanced and Basic mode are distinct; CUE is in one or the other, not both, which is why changing the slider shows only the settings relevant to the current mode.

Opacity is useful when overlapping multiple simultaneous colors on a single key. Set a red wave going from left to right and a green wave going from right to left. At 100% opacity, the first wave on the list will completely go over the second wave. At 50% opacity, you will see red+green=yellow where the waves overlap. This is understandable with a background in additive color theory.

• 1 year later...

Very frustrating. I spent hours making my ideal lighting layout which went to the aptly named DEFAULT. It sure seems reasonable to expect to be able to save-to a hardware profile. Not the case.

Continually frustrated with iCUE software. As others have pointed out, it is clunky, counterintuitive, with limited functionality and is challenging to work with.

Profiles:

If there are reasons that the default profile contains items which cannot be saved to the hardware:

- Fix that! Lazy / poor design!

- Alert the user! Okay, so you messed up Corsair. Fine. Give users an alert when they are making settings which will not save to the hardware profile instead of making us learn the hard way.

- Make the Default one of the hardware profiles instead of the software ones! Why are you immediately painting us into a corner?

- Compromise; Fine, lazy and poor design can be corrected right? Let us export and import what can be used between hardware/software profiles instead of an all or nothing!

- Not even going to get into the fact that macro's fail if you try to use two at the same time, which they claim cant be done. My cheap Logitech did it just fine, so... I'm guessing it works for everyone but Corsair.

Potential consumers - do your homework. There is a lot to love about this keyboard but it largely ends with the physical aspects. The software is poor and remains unimproved which tells me Corsair is not putting effort into fixing this products problems which are largely the software.

Very frustrating. I spent hours making my ideal lighting layout which went to the aptly named DEFAULT. It sure seems reasonable to expect to be able to save-to a hardware profile. Not the case.

Continually frustrated with iCUE software. As others have pointed out, it is clunky, counterintuitive, with limited functionality and is challenging to work with.

Profiles:

If there are reasons that the default profile contains items which cannot be saved to the hardware:

- Fix that! Lazy / poor design!

- Alert the user! Okay, so you messed up Corsair. Fine. Give users an alert when they are making settings which will not save to the hardware profile instead of making us learn the hard way.

- Make the Default one of the hardware profiles instead of the software ones! Why are you immediately painting us into a corner?

- Compromise; Fine, lazy and poor design can be corrected right? Let us export and import what can be used between hardware/software profiles instead of an all or nothing!

- Not even going to get into the fact that macro's fail if you try to use two at the same time, which they claim cant be done. My cheap Logitech did it just fine, so... I'm guessing it works for everyone but Corsair.

Potential consumers - do your homework. There is a lot to love about this keyboard but it largely ends with the physical aspects. The software is poor and remains unimproved which tells me Corsair is not putting effort into fixing this products problems which are largely the software.

The injectable nanites that transfer the manual directly into the end user's brain have been slow in development. Apparently there have been a lot rejection issues and some people have a low tolerance for that kind of thing. At this point, you still have to read, observe, use trial and error, and other traditional learning techniques.

Right below your one "default profile" should have been three HW1-3 K95P profiles. That might have merited investigation. Those are the vehicles for saving a profile to the keyboard. There is a reason for doing it that way versus the older "save to device" type mechanic. See below.

Yes, there are limitations to what can be saved to the keyboard. As of yet, I am not aware of any keyboards shipping with a $200 CPU inside and oddly most models seem to be less capable than the central processing unit on your mainboard. Surprise, you can do a lot with the software using the full power of the CPU than a little tiny processor inside the keyboard. There are very obvious power and cost restraints in that regard. So it's either different systems for software and hardware profiles or... you get a keyboard that is drastically more limited in it's capabilities.

No artificial intelligence yet either. Neither the keyboard nor the software have any idea what's going on in your head. They cannot prevent you from making errors in judgment.

You seem upset because you tried to create a complex profile in the wrong place and then were unable to save it to the device. Your profile is not lost.

It is still in the software profile slot, which can be copied both as a whole and one effect at a time to the library. "The hours" spent creating your perfect lighting profile were part of your learning process. I am sorry that was not enjoyable, but as stated earlier the nanites and AI are not ready yet.

The normal thing to do when having difficulty is ask questions. You have not asked any questions regarding how to use iCUE and this reads like a complaint letter. At the end of your rant, you make a value judgment about the capability of the software and the people who designed it. This leaves only two possibilities: 1) You in fact were able to learn all of the nuances and functions of the software and keyboard in a short amount of time. Your judgment is based on a thorough understanding of the both the hardware and the underlying code. This contradicts your complaint about all the time wasted and the "counter-intuitive" nature of the process. You did learn rapidly. Your entire post was falsely presented and was written out of spite because you made a beginning user mistake. 2) You have not learned the ins and outs of the software and are legitimately struggling to get things the way you want. If true, then you have not learned anything about the software's capabilities and certainly cannot make recommendations to others or criticize the developers based on a complete lack of understanding and experience. Your comments are thus uninformed -- at best.

If you are trying to workout the nuances of the software and how to use it, this is the place to ask. Or rather a new post in the keyboard or iCUE forum would be. This 2 year old post pre-dates the current software and has limited value to what you are trying to accomplish now.

Edited by c-attack

• 2 months later...