Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

I would like to see a battery level indicator for the VOID somewhere more visible than under devices. Like in the context menu of the CUE icon in the notification bar like

right click on it and on top it shows battery level. I know I have the LED indicators but there only good if I actually use the mic, the boom is usually up when I am not.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like the fn key to map to a "fn" mode as default. I know that you can do some stuff to make this work, but the other way seems more natural.

Also I would like to be able to check a "reverse" switch to a lightting pattern, so it first goes one way and then the other way. Think Knight Rider

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see a lighting toggle/indicator for any button. Like how the windows lock and lighting buttons currently has.

More specifically I would really want to see it for the mute button but I would also think it would be great if I were able to use my computer's sound level in the CUE-indicators.

• 2 weeks later...

I will say it again.

Give us an idle lightning setting. If i watch a movie and does not touch my keyboard i dont need the lights, they are distracting in a dark room.

Let us choose a time with no input, at which the lights go off and go on if make any input.

I can do this on my Logitech mouse with 3 LEDs on it...

• 2 weeks later...
Here's another suggestion: We need to be able to have an action on a keypress without disabling its normal function, like being able to press Enter to change to another mode so someone can type in-game without having other keys' lighting effects activating.

YES! *vote*

And additionally make it possible to switch to a special profile mode while holding down a key. On key release, switch back to previous mode. But without loosing the input of the key!

So it would be possible to switch the lighting layout on pressing e.g ALT or CTRL. It's useful for nearly all applications! Press ALT and light up all keys which can be combined with ALT, e.g. "ALT + F4" - great! :winking:

I would like to see a lighting toggle/indicator for any button. Like how the windows lock and lighting buttons currently has.

More specifically I would really want to see it for the mute button but I would also think it would be great if I were able to use my computer's sound level in the CUE-indicators.

i definitely want this for the caps lock key because i am not a fan of the bars on the top of the keyboard.

I personally support the idea of layers (such a cycling pattern on layer 1 and a ripple effect on layer 2) for both lighting and actions. It's pretty difficult to organize the effects at the moment. If you consider lighting effects I haven't found a way to "manage" them at all - all i can do is clear it completely.

Some more features I'd like to see:

-Idle mode lighting (without 3rd party software). Although after playing around a bit you can probably set it up with timer and keystrokes a default option would be nicer.

-Action driven lighting for specific groups to setup let's say a key press triggering an effect in specific group of keys (rather than whole keyboard).

-Key groups for assignment menu (setting up actions key by key is not fun)

-Chain lighting effect (i.e. end if 1 lighting effect triggering another) or a cycle action that doesn't have to be triggered.

-Edit: Keystrokes with ANY keys. I wanted to record Ctrl+Shift+Lighting button (on keyboard). Ctrl,shift and alt are invisible (to CUE) as single keys and lighting button seems to be invisible at all items.

-Edit2: Multiple actions on 1 key (or again layering) or ability for 1 action to trigger more than 1 action.

Edited by Jitsuroku

The ability to have two foreground lighting effects per key, the first that can be triggered on key press (as it currently is), and the second to be triggered on key release.

The reason for this is you can currently have a key light up on key press the turn off on key release, which looks pretty jarring, alternatively you can have it light up for a set time on key press then slowly fade out, which looks a lot nicer but is weird if you hold the key longer than the time delay. I'd like to be able to light up on key press then fade out on key release.

(Before writing this, I checked everywhere I could think of in the CUE software looking for this feature, let me know if I just missed it.)

The CUE feature I'd like to see would be an option to limit updates to manual only. The software asks to be updated quite often, I've updated the software 5-6 times since I got the Sabre RGB mouse about 6 weeks ago. I've had issues with operation after each update, the last was the worst:

I allowed CUE to update when it requested. At the end of the process, it said it had failed to install a couple of components. I found the CUE software wasn't working. It would switch to the correct profile for a given program, but not issue keystrokes.

I re-booted, to no avail. It did not ask to be updated, so eventually, I uninstalled CUE, downloaded the most recent, and reinstalled/rebooted before it began working again.

Would you please consider the option of making updates fully manual (Without notifications)? I will check for updates if I install new software, or experience a problem. Right now, the only problems I have with the Corsair Sabre RGB are due to the automated update process. Thanks for your consideration.

Edited by schmoleskin
Left out mouse model

Hey!

I know there is a third-party program that does this, but I would love to have a feature that would auto-turn off the lighting on idle implemented directly in CUE.

I spent some time using the Razer Chroma RGB and that feature alone makes me miss that keyboard sooooo much. The feature on the Chroma is that it turns off the back-lighting on the keyboard once your monitor turns off. I love the idea of that feature.

I find myself leaving my computer often and when I come back it bothers me to see that my back-lighting was on the entire time =(.

Maybe set it up so you can put a idle timer in the settings and upon hitting that time without touching the mouse or keyboard, it shuts the back-light off. And then when you move the mouse it automatically turns the back-light back on.

Much appreciated.

Thanks!

I have been trying to remake the perfect "wave" feature that is currently a preset, but I want to change a few things about it. The preset lighting effects should also be available in the editor to allow some modification. If this is already a thing or easy to get to in the files could someone please help me.

Please allow the mice to use the visualizer software on their own. I'd love to see my mouse glow to the beat of my music.

EDIT: I'd really like it if I could assign multiple actions to a button press. I know we have macros, but multiple actions would make some complex macros simpler to create and much cleaner to edit. Also, I'd like to set actions to be taken when I switch into and out of a mode. For example, in Kerbal Space Program you can enter the game's docking mode by pressing delete. I have a docking mode under my KSP profile and I'd love it if the delete key was pressed when I switched to it. When I switch out of it, I'd like the button that switches back out of docking mode to be pressed.

Edited by Red Korvo

Probably already been suggested but here goes:

1. Add an idle section with the options to choose a profile that the keyboard switches to after a certain time that the computer has been idle. (Similar to a screensaver)

also, in the same section, add a 'turn off lighting' dropdown menu that turns the lighting completely off after a custom period of time, similar to the 'turn off display setting' in Windows Power Options.

2. Add a music spectrum analyzer lighting to the standard settings effect list with the option to choose the sound card output playback devices and the options to change colors and decibel levels.

* I know There is already new visualizer preset effect for corsair's VOID headsets in the dropdown menu in the standard settings, so I think they should add a music visualizer for keyboards as well.

3. In 'Lighting' add a seamless loop wave and ripple effect options that does not have the gap in time between waves that the original wave and ripple effects has.

it will be so much easier to create a good custom rainbow profile without workarounds and dozens of groups in the mode.

4. Add some new cool reactive typing effects.

I know that there are 3d party applications (Idle Key and CEE) that can already do 1 and 2, but I think it would be so much more comfortable and usable if it will be a integrated in CUE.

This has probably been suggested many times, but: Some sort of LUA type support with easy access if/then statements? For example, I wanted to make a lighting profile for MKX where when you press a key all of the other keys that could either continue or complete a 'Kombo' would light up, but it does not seem possible without if/then control.

Id really like to be able to do multiple actions with one button press (I'm using a Sabre mouse). For example, I have a lock button assigned to the default configuration on my mouse. I'd like it to activate a "dormant" color scheme on the mouse. I would also like it if lighting changes could be assignments as well.

I wish I had full control over the DPI indicator light. In fact, it should be treated just like any other light on the mouse. DPI indication should be an option for any of the lights. Also, DPI indication should be able to use any of the lighting settings like pulse and shift. This would actually be solved if the assigned actions could also change the lighting settings when triggered.

Overall, there are so many things people want to do that it may be best if you focus on making the API as simple as possible. It may even be a good idea to consider making a very minimalistic IDE just for your accessories. I know I'd use it a lot. I haven't tried the API but I think I'll look into it now.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see battery level in the software. Say at the bottom, where the picture shows up of the plugged in corsair products. Turn the picture into the battery meter or put one beside said product.

Another feature would be nice to see on the headset (Void wireless) is a remapping of keys (eg mute/sidetone) A button which I myself will never use (I already know this because it is my 2nd pair of wireless headset)

I use push to talk in TS3, and when I walk around I would like to be able to press the most useless button (yes that is you mute!) and have it to be my push to talk.

I'd like to...

1. create shortcuts, macros or key presses that would be triggered by key combinations like [Fn]+[A] or [RCtrl] +[NumEnter] or [LCtrl]+[space] etc... see http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=154943

Even better if this would work not only with modifier+1 keys, but with something like [a]+[w]+[d] too.

2. bind lighting to the main Windows volume level, because I think it'd be cool to have F1 to F12 light up according to my set volume (example: F1-F6 green at 50% volume and F7-F12 blue or off)

Is there any way we could get inter device macros. I would like to for instance be able to use the mode buttons on my K95 to also switch the mode on my scimitar. Likewise I have set up a macro layer using the windows key, I would like that button press to also trigger a similar mode shift on the scimitar as well. Even being able to use one key to change the mode on the mouse from the keyboard would be handy.

In the macro "Actions Editor", is there some way to create macros that default to Keystroke ("Input key/keys") events instead of "key down" and "key up" events if the keypress is:

1) A simple down+up event of one key

2) Not part of a key combination (like Shift+A)

3) The "Record delays" option is turned off

Right now, every time I record a macro I have to go back through the entire thing and convert everything to keystroke events to make them more manageable. Seems like this would be a very doable thing to automate, even if it was just a post-processing option to convert adjacent keydown/keyup events into the single keystroke event.