View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 10:02 AM
B77WGE115B's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969321
B77WGE115B Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
So restart and not shutdown? Those are definitely long beeps in the video. This does somewhat reset the discussion and I feel like we are back to DRAM issues. However, the thing that is bothering me is I am not accepting of the 'simultaneous failure of 2-4 RAM modules'. One could have been scrambled. All of them? I feel like it should have let you back in with one of the sticks and I am sure you tried them all.
So the computer is off to the technician, and he said 24-48 hours for him to run the diagnostic. Unfortunately, I had to resort to one of the large chain stores since the smaller shops in my area didn't have the parts I need. I can't watch them diagnose the PC, so I hope they don't come back and just say "everything's wrong, buy new stuff, look you can get it here".

In the mean time, if the issue turns out to be RAM, I'm still trying to figure out if the issue is with the RAM itself, or the RAM slots on my motherboard. Which one do you think is more likely to have died after enabling XMP? My memory (G.Skilll Ripjaws V) is rated for 2400MHz, and states my motherboard (Gigabyte Z170X UD3 Ultra) is on its QVL. Not exactly sure why something went wrong, but I'd like to figure it out for next time.