View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 04:08 PM
will160628's PC Specs

POST ID # = 385211
will160628 Reputation: 10
Smile reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekT View Post
Is there some special reason you went with MSI? Board given to you?
Yeah there is actually. Every other motherboard manufacturer I've tried has completely failed me in the long run. DFI, Asus, Biostar, and Gigabyte (I know there were others but I can't think of the names) boards have all died on me before but out of all the MSI boards and other parts I've had, I haven't had a single complete failure. I've even had a Motherboard that got hit by lightening 3 times and still works to this day (even though one of the PCI slots has some charring ). I think that board is going on 7 or eight years old now. Their one shortcoming is that earlier adopters of MSI products more often than not have to wait out the BIOS. MSI tends to be buggier than a roach motel whenever a new product is first released. They eventually get it right though. MSI and Mushkin have been my two staples for years but I tend to be on the look out for other brands to test out when they can't suite my needs. I've been around the tech world long enough to know that brands tend to have their shortcomings and a few dud products. I'm just hoping this motherboard doesn't wind up being one of MSI's dud products.