View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 09:36 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015133
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

The ML series fan has a fairly low current draw and mathematically you should be under the current limit. However, be aware there are other underlying factors in play. I would try 2 x 2-way splitters vs a triple + 1. I think +3 more fans is pushing your luck, but 2 most likely works. Also, be aware the Platinum radiator version of the ML is a high speed model 2400 rpm+. The retail version of the ML120-RGB is capped at 1600 rpm. That may be problematic if the Platinum uses a % PWM control option.

The RGB wires are something else. The Platinum was designed to be a lighting controller for its two fan only. I am not sure if there is enough power on the lighting controller to power another 2-3 fans worth of RGB. The ML at least is lower current level, but this would be disastrous to do with LL fans that pull more than 0.6A per fan for lighting alone. The Platinum's controller is a nice feature for those with no other RGB fans, strips, etc. Once you get into multiple fans (now 5?), you really need to get on a RGB Lighting Hub to handle the power requirements for the lighting. That then plugs into a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro to interface with the software. As mentioned above, the LNP comes in most multi-packs of RGB fans. The Commander Pro is a LNP + fan controller + temp sensors so you can free yourself from BIOS fan control entirely -- if desired.