Corsair Community

Possibly some good news for Ryzen users...

A Computer Guy

Using AIDA64 going from my previous DDR4-3200 to DDR4-3600

read improvement +5,580

write improvement +3,391

copy improvement +5,386

latency from 77ns down to 71ns

I don't have any data to compare against. If someone else out there has a 3800x and this memory kit do you get similar results?

What do you know, perfect timing

youtube see "RAM and FCLK settings vs performance on Ryzen 3000"

• 1 month later...

A Computer Guy, I used some of your timings for 4 sticks of CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Ver 5.32 in a Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi and a 3900x. I can get 4 sticks to run at 2400 with these settings:

18 - tCL (from XMP 16+2)

17 - tRCD (from XMP 18-1)

17 - tRP (from XMP 18-1)

36 - tRAS (from XMP)

58 - tRC (from XMP 54+4)

RTT_NOM = RZQ/7(34)

RTT_WR = RZQ/3(80)

RTT_PARK = RZQ/1(240)

CAD_BUS = All 24 ohms

The rest left on Auto.

I get 1 error on memtest after 2+ hours but Windows seems very stable. Have you messed with this RAM lately (or your version #) and any new settings you may want to share. Before your post i get errors in 9 minutes or less, your settings got me stable.

A Computer Guy, I used some of your timings for 4 sticks of CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Ver 5.32 in a Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi and a 3900x. I can get 4 sticks to run at 2400 with these settings:

18 - tCL (from XMP 16+2)

17 - tRCD (from XMP 18-1)

17 - tRP (from XMP 18-1)

36 - tRAS (from XMP)

58 - tRC (from XMP 54+4)

RTT_NOM = RZQ/7(34)

RTT_WR = RZQ/3(80)

RTT_PARK = RZQ/1(240)

CAD_BUS = All 24 ohms

The rest left on Auto.

I get 1 error on memtest after 2+ hours but Windows seems very stable. Have you messed with this RAM lately (or your version #) and any new settings you may want to share. Before your post i get errors in 9 minutes or less, your settings got me stable.

That' interesting. I still wouldn't be happy with 1 error in 24hr period but considering your improvement you may be able to improve on that still by tweaking your primaries, secondaries, DRAM voltage, or SOC voltage. Consider reading this link amd-ryzen-memory-tweaking-overclocking-guide

I would think you should at least be able to reach DDR4-2667 with a 4 dimm configuration however that will depend on various factors one of which is your BIOS/UEFI version. I only have 2 dimms but I was able to do DDR4-2933 with stock timings. I think compatibility issues with my board forces me to alter the timings at the rated frequency and it almost sounds like a similar situation you are in but much worse because you have a full load of dimms.

What BIOS version (and AGESA version) are you running? For me AGESA 1.0.0.3AB provided the most compatible results with this memory kit so far. Still waiting for ABBA and hoping I can get my DDR4-3600 overclock back again.

What DRAM voltage are you running?

What do your subtimings look like when you are running them AUTO? (use the new Ryzen Master to see) Interestingly Ryzen Master will show your memory subtimings when you have a Zen2 chip but not Zen+. I picked up a B450 and plugged my prior Zen+ chip in and the same version Ryzen Master wouldn't show me my timings. This was really disappointing considering Ryzen Timing checker doesn't work anymore with newer BIOS/UEFI.

Edited by A Computer Guy

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 1001 Update AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.3 patch ABBA.

I got it to 3000Mhz with settings below. 1-2 errors a pass on memtest but solid in windows running Overwatch and android blue stacks emulator and streaming all at the same time for hours. Cinebench 20 score of 7013.

LfPeZcfyfVctw1NHA

As for the 2400MHz it was not auto I was using your settings I found out from your post on 07-19-2019 05:38 PM. Thought it was auto but was trying so many settings and restores from profiles I misspoke.

As for the overclock guide I tried everything to not get 1 or 2 errors. Even at stock speeds always get 1 error or more with 4 dimms. Hammer test is were I get the errors usually.

I found out if Ryzen Master crashes or becomes unresponsive after a certain amount of time, the RAM settings are bad and I need to change them. If Ryzen Master runs for days with no issue I call it stable. I'll wait for more BIOS updates to help but for now I have the profile saved and will tinker with it.

1500.thumb.JPG.f5b7294cc25f85bdc596ac6163e8296d.JPG

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 1001 Update AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.3 patch ABBA.

I got it to 3000Mhz with settings below. 1-2 errors a pass on memtest but solid in windows running Overwatch and android blue stacks emulator and streaming all at the same time for hours. Cinebench 20 score of 7013.

As for the 2400MHz it was not auto I was using your settings I found out from your post on 07-19-2019 05:38 PM. Thought it was auto but was trying so many settings and restores from profiles I misspoke.

As for the overclock guide I tried everything to not get 1 or 2 errors. Even at stock speeds always get 1 error or more with 4 dimms. Hammer test is were I get the errors usually.

I found out if Ryzen Master crashes or becomes unresponsive after a certain amount of time, the RAM settings are bad and I need to change them. If Ryzen Master runs for days with no issue I call it stable. I'll wait for more BIOS updates to help but for now I have the profile saved and will tinker with it.

What is your DRAM voltage set to?

Also you can try bumping your SOC to 1.1v. On my board it defaults to 1.1v SOC when Zen2 cpu is installed.

I noticed your RAS Active Time is higher (probably because you have 4 dimms). I think you may want to adjust Row Cycle Time as this was the real pain with my kit. You may consider walking it up from 58 to 62 and see if that helps.

I've never gotten an error with the hammer test. Try with Trfc to 530.

I had another thought about your situation. You combined 2 kits of 2 so there is a possibility of some incompatibility because they weren't tested together as a 4 dimm kit. If you still know what dimms were originally paired together you may want to ensure each matched kit occupies one channel.

For example: where a and b represent channels, and k1 and k2 represent kit 1 and 2, try this configuration when installing 2 kits (2 dimms each)

a1 with k1a

b1 with k2a

a2 with k1b

b2 with k2b

concluding with a miscellaneous fun fact: I was able to ramp this ram up to DDR4-3800 at 1.38v and pass memtest86. Unfortunately I don't think my board can handle it and it crashes when loading windows. I haven't quite figured out how to stabilize it. My cpu can do an FCLK of 1900 as well so getting to a stable DDR4-3800 would be a real win.

Edited by A Computer Guy

Another thought, It didn't occur to me at the time but your loading 4 sticks for total of 64GB (dual-rank sticks) at 3000Mhz right?

You may be approaching limits for your CPU memory controller edging it out to maximum stress. I thought I saw somewhere that board uses T-topology for the ram so it may make sense with a full load that your reaching the upper limit with your configuration at 3000Mhz.

With my suggestions above I would try backing off to DDR4-2933 and see if it is more stable there. If so then that I would consider that a huge huge win.

Let me know if the suggestions helped at all.

• 5 months later...

Hey Computer Guy!

Let me just start by saying you have been a great help on this journey to stability. I am still unable to get a stable 3200mhz using my CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 ram kit (2x16 sticks). I have it running stable at 3000mhz using the primary timing you have posted here (18-18-18-18-36-58 1.35v dram 1.1 soc) and that is the best I have been able to achieve. Not sure if you will even see this but if you do I would greatly appreciate some help! I would say this has been fun but also very stressful at the same time!

My motherboard is the strix x-470f.

• 1 month later...

I saw similar improvements. Did you ever finish work on trimming the timings or have you found any better settings?

Had a surprise with ASRock BIOS/UEFI version P3.40 w/ AGESA 1.0.0.3AB.

I was able to bump up from 3200 to 3600 (couldn't do that before) so there seems to be an improvement. UserBenchmark went up from 93.7% to over 100%

(...still working on trimming the timings below...will edit when finalized...)

(...updated 7/29/2019...)

CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 (ver 4.32)
DDR4-3600
18 - tCL
19 - tRCD
19 - tRP
42 - tRAS
68 - tRC
 6 - tRRDS
 9 - tRRDL
32 - tFAW
 4 - tWTRS
12 - tWTRL
12 - tWR
 4 - tRDRDSCL
 4 - tWRWRSCL
560 - tRFC
??? - tRFC2
??? - tRFC4
18 - tCWL
 6 - tRTP
 8 - tRDWR
 3 - tWRRD
 1 - tWRWRSC
 7 - tWRWRSD
 6 - tWRWRDD
 1 - tRDRDSC
 5 - tRDRDSD
 4 - tRDRDDD
 0 - tCKE

DRAM = 1.35v
SOC = 1.1v (with AUTO)
SOC now located in Advanced/CBS/NBIO/XFR
Gear Down Mode = Enabled
Power Down Mode = Disabled
BGS = ??? could not find setting with new BIOS/UEFI
BGS-ALT = ??? could not find setting with new BIOS/UEFI
ProcODT = 60 ohms
RTT_NOM = Disabled
RTT_WR = RZQ/3(80)
RTT_PARK = RZQ/1(240)
CAD_BUS = All 24 ohms

The new Dram Calculator 1.6.0 doesn't seem to work in my scenario. It won't calculate DDR4-3600 settings says "not supported".

Up to 104% https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18880711

• 1 month later...
I saw similar improvements. Did you ever finish work on trimming the timings or have you found any better settings?

UEFI/BIOS update destroyed my DDR4-3600 overclock and subsequent updates couldn't restore it so no. My board isn't particularly great for memory overclocking anyway so I pretty much stopped and moved on to testing an ECC kit with my motherboard with Zen+ and Zen2.

Edited by A Computer Guy

• 5 months later...

Hello.

I wonder if you all still are live here ��

I check the thread and see that you not have manage go Past 3600mhz

I wand to add some inspiration to you all. It possible

I have run my men's on 3800mhz 1900*2 and manage to do it on cl16.

TYPE

D die from micro

CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

Corsair

JEDEC DIMM Label

16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133P-UB0-10

Part Number

D9TZV (MT40A1G8WE-075E:D)

Package

Standard Monolithic 78-ball FBGA

78-ball 8.0mm x 12.0mm FBGA

Die Density / Count