Old 12-15-2011, 12:20 AM
rhesuspieces's PC Specs

POST ID # = 548001
rhesuspieces Reputation: 10
Default Status of my upgrade

The hardware involved is:
Toshiba R705-P35 (laptop)
Corsair Force Series F240 SSD

When I bought this laptop and SSD a year ago, I had problems with the system finding the SSD on cold boot. Maybe 1/3 of the time the drive would not be found. I had no problems with putting the system to sleep or using hibernate.

With each BIOS upgrade I had fewer times when the SSD would not be found. I continued with the usual Windows updates. I was running the Intel 5 Series 4-port SATA ACHI Controller (SATA drivers) version 9.x.x.x.

I upgraded the SSD firmware to version 2.0. Around this time I updated the Toshiba BIOS to version 2.10. The boot problem was a rare occurrence. I had upgraded the Intel 5 Series 4-port SATA ACHI Controller (SATA drivers) to version 10.1.0.1008. Still no problems with sleep or hibernate.

I upgraded the SATA drivers to version 10.8.0.103. I started to have sleep problems. The BSOD would happen coming out of a sleep. Although they were rare, I still had the boot problem. Still no problems with hibernate.

I upgraded to SSD firmware version 2.4. No problems with the upgrade. I still had the boot problem and I still had the sleep BSOD. Still no problems with hibernate.

I backed the SATA drivers down to version 10.1.0.1008.

My current configuration is:
Toshiba R705-P35
BIOS 2.10
Windows 7SP1 64-bit
Intel 5 Series 4-port SATA ACHI Controller version 10.1.0.1008
Corsair Force Series F240 firmware 2.4

I'm still testing but I haven't been able to break anything so far.