Corsair Community

(Unofficial) Linux / OSX Driver

MSC

The main branch of CKB doesn't work with 2.04. You have to build and install the fw2kb branch.

Ah that makes sense. Any info on how to uninstall the "master" version of ckb? I ran the quickinstall script on linux in order to install it.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you need to uninstall it. Just download the fw2kb branch build it. I'm not sure how to do that in Linux though, I use it in OS X.

Might be some insights here: https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb/issues/298

Thank you. As it seems the installer script just copies everything into /usr/bin.

the fw2kb version still doesn't work with the k65 rgb rapidfire as it seems. Still says "no devices connected".

Thank you. As it seems the installer script just copies everything into /usr/bin.

the fw2kb version still doesn't work with the k65 rgb rapidfire as it seems. Still says "no devices connected".

CKB might not recognize the device ID. I would post an issue on Git Hub.

I found an error, after installing correctly de windows driver and update strafe keyboard firmware, i need to unmark "start after login" box on CBK. If i dont do this, my keyboard die and i have to reinstall all linux keyoboard driver.;):

Hello,

I ran Ubuntu 14.04 before and your (awesome btw!) program worked perfectly fine.

Now I upgraded to 16.06. When trying to start via the HUD, the programs tries to start, blinks for a while (<10s) and quits than.

When trying to start via terminal i get following message:

laurin@YESITSTRUE:~$ sudo ckb-daemon
   ckb: Corsair RGB driver beta-v0.2.5
[F] ckb-daemon is already running (PID 759). Try `killall ckb-daemon`.
[F] (If you're certain the process is dead, delete /dev/input/ckb0/pid and try again)
laurin@YESITSTRUE:~$ sudo killall ckb-daemon
laurin@YESITSTRUE:~$ 
laurin@YESITSTRUE:~$ 
laurin@YESITSTRUE:~$ sudo ckb-daemon
   ckb: Corsair RGB driver beta-v0.2.5
[i] Root controller ready at /dev/input/ckb0
[i] Connecting Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard at /dev/input/ckb1
[i] Starting input thread for /dev/input/ckb1
[E] os_usbrecv (via led_keyboard.c:207): Connection timed out
[W] _start_dev (device.c:45): Unable to load hardware profile
[i] Setup finished for /dev/input/ckb1
^C
[i] Caught signal 2
[i] Disconnecting /dev/input/ckb1
[i] Removed device path /dev/input/ckb1
[i] Closing root controller
[i] Removed device path /dev/input/ckb0

Any hints for me?

If it matters: The keyboard totally goes black when watching something via VLC player and stays like that after the movie. My system doesn't recognize me pressing buttons than. After re-plugging the LED are coming back and (sometimes) after a while button work again. This isn't such a big problem to me, but when there is a commen solution, I'd be glad!

Thanks in advance,

Laurin aca Flap

I wonder why no one responses, is my question unclear?

CKB porgram simply refuses to start, after trying to start, it just disappears.

Please help =)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am thinkin about buying a m65 pro rgb, but I am havin second thoughts. I will use this on a 13' retina macbook pro. There is no official software ok. But with this unofficial driver, can I at least define spacebar action to the sniper button?

And second question, some people tell that sometimes mouse disconnects or lose the lights until you restart. Have you experienced this issue?

I would be grateful if a mac user comment on these?

thanks to the people who made linux compatibility posible

my k70 rgb and scimitar have basic functions and work all the time, i get some errors about usb hid endpoints at startup and shutdown which i think are related to the corsair products, but as soon as i get to the gnome desktop everything works.

the only thing that stop me from switching to linux all the time and ditch windows are the corsair products, i have a scimitar and a k70 rgb and i have a lot of profiles with probably 10 to 40 macros in each profile and sadly the linux driver cant do complicated macros

A personal thank you to everyone who made the Linux compatibility possible.

I bought a K70 RGB today and with the later "fw2kb" branch everything works perfectly!

Another personal note to Corsair: Seriously hire this guy.

Edited by Kira9204

CKB was working fine for me previously (new k70 out of box with the latest osx binary installed) in OSX...

I booted into Windows and updated the firmware (now 2.04) and saved some lighting profiles to the device. Everything is functioning as normal.

When I boot back into OSX the keyboard works right up until the CKB software loads up, at which point the keyboard stops working (buttons like the windows key lock work but are registered as `). I can close the CKB app and the keyboard works again but the windows key (as command key) no longer work.

Is there any fix for this?

UPDATE: scrolled back a bunch and saw the later firmware isn't working with OSX. Downgraded to 1.30 and all is well.

Edited by iLLNESS

K70 RGB - CH9000118-NA

ckb driver: 0.2.5

Gentoo Linux/Gigabyte Mobo

I'd like to change my colors from red to blue. I launch ckb, and got the message "No devices connected" under the version. Then looked at github and saw the following:

Problem: ckb says "No devices connected" or Driver inactive"

Solution: Try rebooting the computer and/or reinstalling ckb. Try removing the keyboard and plugging it back in.

I did all that to no avail.

Thoughts?

Which part is it that's not running, the GUI or the driver? (hint: $ cat /dev/input/ckb0/pid should tell you if the driver's working or not - if you get "no such file or directory", it's not running)

If it's the GUI that doesn't work, try running /bin/ckb from a terminal and see what output it gives you.

EDIT: Downgrading to FW 1.30 also fixed my issues. That's unfortunate for my Windows usage of the 'board, but whatever, it's working. Again, thanks a bunch!!

First off: huge thank you for all the work you've done supporting the *nix crowd. I don't know if you're still around or if you've passed development, but here goes.

I'm a Linux noob, about to take Linux+ (I'm refreshing 4 certs and taking 12 new ones this year) and have somehow never touched it yet.

Fresh install of Fedora (4.4.9-300.fc23.x86_64), Gnome 3.18.2. I have a K65 and used the unpack->quickinstall method after pulling deps listed on the github. My keyboard was functioning as a keyboard before (sometimes F-keys and PgUp/PgDn would act funny) but I wanted to see how 'perfectly' I could get things running. This is mostly a learning experience for me--please, put the pitchforks down.

The instant I installed CKB I could no longer type. I've tried every combination of reboot/quit ckb/relaunch ckb/reconnect k65 possible. The funny thing is, with the check box to start on boot it will let me log in fine, but as soon as the login is finished, no more typing.

I did what you said to in this post and set Permissive, ensured driver was running (PID 900), and got the following output: (note: immediately after, K65 stopped functioning)

[wildcardNP@joker ~]$ /bin/ckb
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

I've had this device set up with my own very simple profile on Win7/Win10 for months, is that profile somehow breaking the driver because it's stored in device memory? How can I fix this?

Edited by wildcardNP

so i got a new m65 pro rgb today and remembered seeing that m65's were supported with this linux driver. after install and restart i checked and my new mouse is not being detected. just figured i'd let you know.

running

ckb beta-v0.2.5

xubuntu 14.04.2lts

m65 pro rgb

msi gt780dxr

Would anyone be able to help me out please. I am currently running this branch of ckb and am using the Corsair Sabre RGB. When I run ckb-daemon and am unable to use my mouse. I am using firmware version 2.03. When I run ckb-daemon I get the output below. I am running Debian 7. Thank you for the help.

ckb: Corsair RGB driver beta-v0.2.5+s02

Root controller ready at /dev/input/ckb0

Connecting Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Mouse at /dev/input/ckb1

Starting input thread for /dev/input/ckb1

Setup finished for /dev/input/ckb1

Would anyone be able to help me out please. I am currently running this branch of ckb and am using the Corsair Sabre RGB. When I run ckb-daemon and am unable to use my mouse. I am using firmware version 2.03. When I run ckb-daemon I get the output below. I am running Debian 7. Thank you for the help.

ckb: Corsair RGB driver beta-v0.2.5+s02

Root controller ready at /dev/input/ckb0

Connecting Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Mouse at /dev/input/ckb1

Starting input thread for /dev/input/ckb1

Setup finished for /dev/input/ckb1

I don't think CKB supports the latest 2.XX firmwares yet, they are a very recent version. And I see that the github branch has not been updated in the last month. You should downgrade to a previous FW version.

I don't think CKB supports the latest 2.XX firmwares yet, they are a very recent version. And I see that the github branch has not been updated in the last month. You should downgrade to a previous FW version.

Where could I download an older firmware version? Here all I see is the download for the CUE and the user manual.

Where could I download an older firmware version? Here all I see is the download for the CUE and the user manual.

Old FW Versions are not officially available for download. Some old keyboard/mice FW are available around in the threads on this forum but not all.

Your best option would be to contact Corsair support, open a ticket and explain your situation to see if they can provide you an older version.

Old FW Versions are not officially available for download. Some old keyboard/mice FW are available around in the threads on this forum but not all.

Your best option would be to contact Corsair support, open a ticket and explain your situation to see if they can provide you an older version.

Alright, thank you for all the help I will do that.

K70 RGB user here with latest firmware 2.04.

OS X 10.11.5, it works fine if you use the fw2kb branch as posted some pages back.

I had to download QT from the provided link. That took forever and the installation folder was +13GB for QT (deleted after I compiled the app). The compiled app is only 27MB. Is there a better way when going with a branch of the master?

I have been using this on my mac for a few months now. Great software really.

I did have one problem in the past where my profile got corrupted and i lost all my macro and lighting settings. I had to locate the profile in the filesystem and delete it and then restart ckb to rebuild the profile.

This just happened to me again and for the life of me I cannot find the forum post that mentioned where the profile is located on the mac filesystem, so i have to ask does anyone know the location?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, nevermind. I found the file at ~/Library/Preferences/com.ckb.ckb.plist

Edited by yolomac
Solved my own problem