Corsair Community

MP600 causing reboots into BIOS where it doesnt show until reboot

Probism

Hi,

I have a corsair MP600 1tb but have a problem that when the PC is in idle the maching will sometimes (2 or 3 times a day) reboot for no reason with a Kernel error 41 straight into BIOS

When i check the bios every other drive i have shows apart from the MP600 drive. If i try to reboot from BIOS it goes straight to the bios screen again until I press the power button and restart the PC then it works fine...

It doesn't do this when i am actively on the PC and only started happening since purchasing the new drive.

I have tested ram, swapped it around. I have 650 Watt PSU I have moved the graphics card into another slot etc but the problem persists.

I am on the current MP600 firmware and diagnostics do not show any problems with the drive.

Temps are all good as well as machine is watercooled.

Any ideas?

I have it in the first slot.

The motherboard is an Asus x570 TUF it has 2 but they are both Pcie 4 compatable.

I have swapped the drive to the other slot tonight and installed a new Corsair MX1000i PSU so will monitor for the next couple of days.

Tested PC this morning. Switched it on - did some stuff. Left it 20 mins whilst i was getting ready. Went back to PC and it was rebooted into bios again with the MP600 drive missing and all other drives showing. i.e other m.2. drive (960 pro) and sata drives.

Its just strange that if i am actively using the PC it works without problem.

I have raised an RMA support request this morning.

Check your current power-plan settings. Could be Windows sleep or hybrid sleep that messes with your drive. I know my MP600 got stuck when trying to wake up from sleep/hybrid sleep, and it took me 5-6 attempts to get my machine to boot.

Also, make sure to update your MP600 firmware to EGFM 11.2 which could help.

Tested this morning after taking MP600 drive out yesterday. Reinstalled windows on my 960 Pro M.2 drive did everything i normally do which causes the issue and PC works fine. No lock ups or reboots.

It was especially prevalent that if i tried to use Plex remotely it would work the first time. Then if i tried 20 minutes later my machine would have locked up and then returning from home would be in bios.

So definitely looks like it is the MP600 drive suffering from some sort of sleep problem but i should not have to mess about with settings to get it to work. It should just work.

EDIT 16/11/2019

A whole day without any issues with OS on other drive.

Edited by Probism

I too am experiencing this issue. This is my system:

Chassis: MAINGEAR VYBE Mk. V - Matte White

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero w/ WIFI - ATX

Processor: AMD RYZEN 9 3900X 12-Core 4.6 GHz

Processor Cooling: [Closed Loop Liquid Cooling] MAINGEAR EPIC 240 Supercooler

Memory: 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz (4x16GB)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6

Power Supply: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA P2 80+ PLATINUM

Operating System Drive: 2TB Corsair MP600 Gen4 M.2 NVMe

Hard Drive Bay Two: 2TB Corsair MP600 Gen4 M.2 NVMe

Hard Drive Bay Three: 1TB Samsung SSD

Hard Drive Bay Four: 2TB HHD WD Scratch Disk for Cloud Services

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit, OEM

I too am experiencing this issue. This is my system:

Chassis: MAINGEAR VYBE Mk. V - Matte White

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero w/ WIFI - ATX

Processor: AMD RYZEN 9 3900X 12-Core 4.6 GHz

Processor Cooling: [Closed Loop Liquid Cooling] MAINGEAR EPIC 240 Supercooler

Memory: 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz (4x16GB)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6

Power Supply: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA P2 80+ PLATINUM

Operating System Drive: 2TB Corsair MP600 Gen4 M.2 NVMe

Hard Drive Bay Two: 2TB Corsair MP600 Gen4 M.2 NVMe

Hard Drive Bay Three: 1TB Samsung SSD

Hard Drive Bay Four: 2TB HHD WD Scratch Disk for Cloud Services

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit, OEM

That's almost exactly the build i'm planning out, but with a 3950x - same motherboard even. That is, of course, unless Cascade Lake X is somehow superior for the same price.

I've been debating whether or not to go with Corsair's M.2 or Samsung. Corsair offers far better read/writes and IOPS, though Samsung is just known for reliability and that's really the most important thing for me - I can't constantly be working on it when there's real work to do.

That's almost exactly the build i'm planning out, but with a 3950x - same motherboard even. That is, of course, unless Cascade Lake X is somehow superior for the same price.

I've been debating whether or not to go with Corsair's M.2 or Samsung. Corsair offers far better read/writes and IOPS, though Samsung is just known for reliability and that's really the most important thing for me - I can't constantly be working on it when there's real work to do.

I am still working on the issue here. It may come down to the motherboard. So far the drives are working fine on another board.

I will update you when there is a conclusion for you. Also the new bios for the Crosshair VIII bricks a lot of motherboards and can't be downgraded. So that is fun.

Running on an Asus rog strix x570-e gaming No issues at all.

So once I get this situated will update.

Ok update is in:

The motherboard had a short out.

Then windows needed to be reinstalled.

After motherboard was replaced and windows reinstalled, all is running smooth as a kitten.

So that was fun...

---- UPDATE -----

After installing my normal programs like adobe and such on my drive again, the reboots are happening again.

Edited by TristanNYC

• Corsair Employee
Tested this morning after taking MP600 drive out yesterday. Reinstalled windows on my 960 Pro M.2 drive did everything i normally do which causes the issue and PC works fine. No lock ups or reboots.

It was especially prevalent that if i tried to use Plex remotely it would work the first time. Then if i tried 20 minutes later my machine would have locked up and then returning from home would be in bios.

So definitely looks like it is the MP600 drive suffering from some sort of sleep problem but i should not have to mess about with settings to get it to work. It should just work.

EDIT 16/11/2019

A whole day without any issues with OS on other drive.

If you haven't already, try removing the 960 and having only the MP600 connected, then see if you can go a lengthened period of time without the issue.

If you haven't already, try removing the 960 and having only the MP600 connected, then see if you can go a lengthened period of time without the issue.

Ok so after replacing the motherboard and reinstalling windows the computer is now doing it again. Reboot and the main OS mp600 not found...

Hard restart the system and like magic there it is.

Edited by TristanNYC

• Corsair Employee
Already received a refund after returning back to original supplier.

The problem is that i shouldn't have to go through hoops to try to get it to work. It should just work when plugged into a motherboard.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and I completely agree with you. It's completely optional and at your discretion, but can you share some comprehensive details on the configurations you've tried? I just want to get a better idea of what's going on.

At any point in time, did you test with having only the MP600 connected?

You said "after taking the MP600 drive out" when you reinstalled Windows on the 960. Did you leave the MP600 out, or did you also have it occupying the other M.2 slot? Was the SATA SSD still connected as well? I want to rule out any possibility of drive priority/recognition on the motherboard.

Any kind of details you can provide would be of great help. Thank you!

Hi TristanNYC,

I'm facing the exact same issue with a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro mainboard, and two MP600. I can't figure out what's going wrong...

Can you explain your Bios solution ? Perhaps a screen capture of the parameter you changed ?

Thanks.

---EDIT----------------

I found a param PCIe Slot Configuration in BIOS that was on Auto, changed it to Gen 4, but had same crash while in a game.

BSOD UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION or CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

:[pouts:

Edited by Inazuma
Tested

• 8 months later...

I have the exact same problem with my MP600 1TB in a Gigabyte X570 aorus master with 3900XT (sudden blue screen and no boot device found until reboot).

The issue appears to have been resolved after I installed chipset drivers and enabled the AMD Ryzen high performance power profile in windows 10 power options (I currently have an up-time of 35 hours). Not sure if power setting or drivers resolved it.

MP600 firmware is 11.3, I never upgraded this.

I have also disabled sleep setting in power options.

No errors reported in Corsair SSD toolbox.

• Corsair Employee
For those who are interested, i foiund a solution that seems to work well.

Simply change power mode from "AMD Ryzen Balanced" to "AMD Ryzen High Performance".

Since i've done this, no more crashs nor BSODs !

Enjoy.

I have the exact same problem with my MP600 1TB in a Gigabyte X570 aorus master with 3900XT (sudden blue screen and no boot device found until reboot).

The issue appears to have been resolved after I installed chipset drivers and enabled the AMD Ryzen high performance power profile in windows 10 power options (I currently have an up-time of 35 hours). Not sure if power setting or drivers resolved it.

MP600 firmware is 11.3, I never upgraded this.

I have also disabled sleep setting in power options.

No errors reported in Corsair SSD toolbox.

Thanks for sharing.