Corsair Community

Mic picks up breathing?

Aertew

So I got a new Corsair headset, looked really nice and had RGB LEDs, didnt work the first day since I plugged it in through the case USB ports, now through the motherboard it works, so now I got that outta the way the actually headphone audio is amazing, 7.1 sounds cool, but echoy, now my mic picks up breathing, and for some reason my voice is quiet.. I googled it and couldnt find a fix, I even put the pop filter that the mic came with hoping it would fix it, sadly it didn't so if someone can help me fix the mic picking up breathing and have my voice become louder that would help... Thanks!

New user Aertew

btw this is my first Corsair product I bought... are they always like this?

• Corsair Employee

Congrats on your first Corsair purchase! Have you tried adjusting the mic and sidetone levels in CUE? What happens if you disable the sidetone by clicking on the icon below the slider? Is the low voice volume only in a specific game/software, or have you tried other programs?

Mic positioning can affect mic volume and pick up breathing. The mic is bendable, so you can adjust it to be in front and just below your mouth.

Also, you might just move the mic out of the way from your breathing and increase it's sensitivity? Speaking volume should remain the same but breathing shouldn't be audible anymore.

Off course there's the other option of not breathing anymore, but i can imagine this is not a real solution :-P

• 2 years later...

Was searching for a solution to this breathing sound issue that I was experiencing once I installed the iCUE software.

Come to find out its actually a setting in the iCUE software next to the MIC volume that says "Sidetone".

I guess some people like being able to hear their voices on the line to make sure that the mic is actually working but i find it annoying... which led me to this post... from 2018... but hope it might help someone else in the future!

note: First Crosair product ive purchased and im loving it so far!

Sidetone.jpg.3f924c943c1a5c33a42701b8efdc15f0.jpg

Edited by DJDelicious
Photo Edit