Corsair Community

New i160 system VAC error ANYONE? Help. What to do...

Lakristomten

Having a similar issue with any multiplayer game I try to load. I get kicked out with a VAC error. Literally just bought a brand new i165. Downloaded steam and my Logitech mouse software and am getting continuous errors. Even on VR games. Any idea what’s up? It’s sort of making my experience switching to pc frustrating.

Having a similar issue with any multiplayer game I try to load. I get kicked out with a VAC error. Literally just bought a brand new i165. Downloaded steam and my Logitech mouse software and am getting continuous errors. Even on VR games. Any idea what’s up? It’s sort of making my experience switching to pc frustrating.

So we did a system reset also changed bios earlier version. So the only thing we didn't fully reset was the bios.

Tried 4g connection. Still error.

So we ruled out the isp since my other computer worked.

And we changed ports on the modem no difference.

The solution was changing the ethernal network card settings from full duplex to half. However I really don't know for sure since my friend was playing with the router and also could have done something I missed.

I got Corsair on support now and I hope we can backtrack locate the issue.

I could activate the half to full duplex to see if the problem return, but I'd love if you tried this

I had the same problem on my DIY PC, maybe you can try full duplex connection with below methods.

1. Replace current RJ-45 cable with a high quality CAT5E ethernet cable.

2. Disconnect all client RJ-45 cables except yours from the router then restart router.

3. Connect RJ-45 cable to modem of internet service vendor directly without additional personal router.

Hope these can help you resolve VAC problem.

• 1 month later...
Well, the thing is. It is set on full duplex and I had my router reset. Had the game with the router, ISP provider specified game ports filter on and off. It is off now and no error, so this error was and still is a mystery, thinking it might have been something that came preinstalled. But the error was still occuring post system reset so it it very interesting tho why this happend, guess I will never find an answer too this.