Corsair Community

Corsair is gonna lose alot of people

LowDime

i have a feeling that Corsair is gonna lose a lot of customers with how they are working on the icue problems. I am so close to sell all my corsair stuff, (cooler, ram, key board, mouse, void pro wireless) and go to a different company......

hopefully they will see how many people are fed up with the problem and actually try to fix it. I have been waiting on a support ticket since 4/2 with being told to unistall clean all files and reinstall. Which did NOT fix it.....:mad:

Which problem is that? It's hard to tell since you are tagging every thread with the word iCUE and repeating the same phrase above.

USB signals must pass through your motherboard. There are a lot of threads specifically dealing with this issue. I suggest you look there for tips about cleaning up your system, instead of everywhere else.

no add on hubs for me. Just the ones that came on the Spec Alpha case. The lights on the mouse , key board, fans are on but i can not control them. I have done what the treads on here have said about a complete delete of the program cc cleaner, install the original CUE software and it still does not recognize any thing. I don't know what else to try anymore. I have done everything that has been suggested from other great people here, as well as the corsair people themselves...... Just frustrated with the money spent not being able to be used the way its intended..

Have you tried reinstalling your AMD chipset drivers using the clean install function, or checking that they're all up to date? They can be checked by running the AMD chipset driver install setup file and selecting to install the adrenaline software latest version, which doesn't install yet, then selecting Custom install which brings up the list of all drivers included where you can hover over each to see if you have the latest version included in that chipset update. Going a step further is running the AMD cleanup utility, a separate utility app, that wipes all AMD drivers from your system to start fresh. This is all legit AMD software and drivers available from their website in the support section, just specify your motherboard chipset type.

Any hardware and software support that recommend using CCLeaner are cringe and need to fix their uninstall utility.

• 1 month later...
iCue DOES seem a little par-baked compared to more mature offerings - namely CorsairLink. I lost soooo many options that I had gotten really used to - iCue allows me to control the colors and key assignments of my keyboard and mouse (so its not like I can live without it) but it takes control of my AX760i and completely eliminated zero RPM fan mode and turned on Overamp Protection (that was fun to diagnose at 2am when my machine would just shut down for no reason.) iCue seems like it has the real possibility of being more powerful and more versatile, but right now - the fact that it took control of the AX760i away from CorsairLink, it makes it a pain in the pants.

iCue DOES seem a little par-baked compared to more mature offerings - namely CorsairLink. I lost soooo many options that I had gotten really used to - iCue allows me to control the colors and key assignments of my keyboard and mouse (so its not like I can live without it) but it takes control of my AX760i and completely eliminated zero RPM fan mode and turned on Overamp Protection (that was fun to diagnose at 2am when my machine would just shut down for no reason.) iCue seems like it has the real possibility of being more powerful and more versatile, but right now - the fact that it took control of the AX760i away from CorsairLink, it makes it a pain in the pants.

yea thats why it has been recommended to use either or, since somehow it fights for control with other programs.

i have a feeling that Corsair is gonna lose a lot of customers with how they are working on the icue problems. I am so close to sell all my corsair stuff, (cooler, ram, key board, mouse, void pro wireless) and go to a different company......

hopefully they will see how many people are fed up with the problem and actually try to fix it. I have been waiting on a support ticket since 4/2 with being told to unistall clean all files and reinstall. Which did NOT fix it.....:mad:

#1 you arent listing the exact problem or the specific part issue you are having

#2 you are literally copy pasting this into every thread/tag... ppl cant really help if you arent specific about the issue

yea thats why it has been recommended to use either or, since somehow it fights for control with other programs.

Well, I am not really having so much a conflict and fight as it that if stick with just Corsair Link, I can't program function keys for the K95 Platinum or assign color schemes to it. Same with the mouse. Stick with iCue, can't control my v1 H100i or monitor any of my system's fans not tied to a controller (motherboard based fans). iCue also seems to have zero support for leaving the AX760i's fans off - the least it can be set to is 40% of maximum RPM.

I am all for forward progress, and I am excited to see what iCue eventually becomes. Right now though, it seems like its a little half-baked. Just my $0.02 though

You should be able to disable overamp control - go to the settings for the device (IIRC, it's hidden there).

Zero RPM Fan Mode should be the "Default" fan curve. Is that not happening? Note that Link also didn't allow you to do a custom curve that would stop the fan - any custom curves have a minimum of 40%.

So, if using iCue and corsairLink together then you have a user error.

It has been stated by corsair that you can not run both.

Corsair link could run together with the old Cue but functionality has been moved into the new iCue to have one program do both.