Corsair Community

FPS drop (cursor lag) only when iCue window active

definiv

Omg, finally some other people with this issue. I've tried to figure out what is causing it. Since i just did a new pc build. I want to say its the new windows 1809 update. My other PC on the older version of windows was running icue flawlessly...then i updated it to the latest windows as well, all of a sudden..the issue is now on my 2nd pc. FPS drop when icue is in the foreground, even if you touch the taskbar icon you will notice an FPS drop until its not in the foreground. This also goes along with a screen flicker around the edges of my monitor. Which all stops when icue is not in the foreground anymore. I've noticed the same screen flicker in the loading screen of the game league of legends as well.

To be clear though, it seems icue is still doing its job despite these graphical errors and fps drops.

• Confused 1

Checking back in...so far i think a potential fix. I uninstalled my nvidia drivers using ddu. Now no fps issues, at all with icue in the foreground..its back to being smooth again.

I just uninstalled/reinstalled my nvidia drivers and iCue. Still having fps issues. Such good products but such terrible software

I also had this problem and it was making me crazy. I did notice that iCue was trying to sync with my Gsync monitor. It was lagging my mouse especially when iCue was on the foreground. Once I killed iCue, all my mouse problems were gone. I was in touch with Corsair support and continued to find the problem myself. It seems like iCue is using the openGL system and therefore conflicts with the nvidia driver.

But I came to a solution: in the nvidia driver settings, add iCue as a program and set all features to off (Antialiasing, shader cache,..) And most important, I set Monitor Technology to fixed. This resolved all my mouse lag.

I have giving Corsair support all this feedback and it was send to software engineering for further investigation.

Hope it helps.

I also had this problem and it was making me crazy. I did notice that iCue was trying to sync with my Gsync monitor. It was lagging my mouse especially when iCue was on the foreground. Once I killed iCue, all my mouse problems were gone. I was in touch with Corsair support and continued to find the problem myself. It seems like iCue is using the openGL system and therefore conflicts with the nvidia driver.

But I came to a solution: in the nvidia driver settings, add iCue as a program and set all features to off (Antialiasing, shader cache,..) And most important, I set Monitor Technology to fixed. This resolved all my mouse lag.

I have giving Corsair support all this feedback and it was send to software engineering for further investigation.

Hope it helps.

This did it boys and girls. Completely fixed my FPS issues and light screen flickering with ICUE I did the above recommended solution, restarted the program and problems gone. Thanks for that fix! :)

Now i also have this issue in League of Legends, but only the loading screen when loading into a game, so it says to me its not just icue. Again this only started happening to me when i did the latest windows updates, rolling back didn't help either though :(

and yes, i have 144hz G-sync monitor

• 1 month later...

Hope it helps.

Ahh man this was driving me nuts to the point i had to stop using icue, when it was in the forground it lagged like gsync didnt exist, making a nvidia profile and changing those settigns fixed the issue for me as well at least on desktop under normal use, however if i do any type of stress testing (100% load ) and icue is running it still causes severe system lag, and im on a i7- 9700k / 32gb ram and a 1080ti

Edited by Turdpeterson

• 7 months later...

I have an LG 34GK950F monitor and I've been having random flickering issues with the screen. After having been unable to fix the issue for months, I reported the monitor as faulty to the store I bought it from, and was on the verge of returning it.

However, I noticed recently that whenever I had iCUE selected as the active window, these flickering issues would instantly appear. This was the first time that I could actually reproduce the flickering at will. So, the flickering does occur randomly, but when iCUE is the active window, it will instantly occur.

Then I found this thread by recommendation and followed the instructions from Malheur above, and now my problems are gone! So I literally was about to return my monitor as faulty due to Corsair's crappy drivers!

I can't believe this thread is over a year and a half old and Corsair have yet to fix this issue! Seriously! I had great hope for Corsair when I bought their expensive keyboard and was planning to base my peripheral ecosystem around Corsair, but now I'm having second thoughts about this and may go for a different manufacturer instead.

Fix these issues and stop ignoring them!!

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I had this issue too and legitimately figured out my solution. I'm able to reproduce it 100% of the time.

iCUE doesn't play well with G-Sync when it's "Enable for windowed and full screen mode." Switch G-Sync to Full Screen only. Presto. Fixed.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Newly registered to the forums but been lurking around for a while. Been having the same issue as the OP and tried everything mentioned in this thread but still no solution except for the full screen fix stated above. However i play alot of my games in borderless window and that doesn't really work for me. Is there anything else i can do to fix the cursor issue or am i stuck with it? Is there any news from the devs regarding this issue?

Hi guys,

Newly registered to the forums but been lurking around for a while. Been having the same issue as the OP and tried everything mentioned in this thread but still no solution except for the full screen fix stated above. However i play alot of my games in borderless window and that doesn't really work for me. Is there anything else i can do to fix the cursor issue or am i stuck with it? Is there any news from the devs regarding this issue?

i dont have Gsync, can you disable it for the icue exe as if it were a game?

Here is a video of the issue I am having. I don't show it in the video, but the issue happens even if I don't have iCue "open", it just has to be running.

I also show the issue does not seem to happen unless it is set to a 1000hz polling rate, but the issue seems to happen even when using a non corsair mouse if iCUE is open.

This issue also happened on my prior Intel based system, I just recently built this AMD Ryzen system and was very upset to see the issue persist.

Link to the video in question.

EDIT: I recommend downloading the video to get a better quality version.

Edited by RadActivelobstr

Looks like I'm not alone dealing with the same issue, I hate reducing my polling rate to 250hz but I can't stand the lag, this is driving me insane! I'm currently uninstalling the 2 latest windows 10 updates, will report back if it worked.

Edit: No changes after deleting the update. Corsair needs to address this issue immediately!

Edited by fostiras

Hi guys,

You can add a program to what would be a NVIDIA G-SYNC exclusion list. Perform the steps below:

• Open the NVIDIA control panel,
  • Click "Manage 3D Settings" in the tree on the left,
  • Click "The Program Settings" tab,
  • Click "Add",
  • Select "ICUE" press the "Add selected program" button,
    If you can't find ICUE in the list of recent programs, you can browse for it.
  • With your new "3D settings" profile for ICUE, change the "Monitor Technology" entry to "Fixed Refresh", and finally
  • Click "Apply".

I ended up formatting my pc, my issue got resolved.

Don't want to burst your bubble too much but I ended up reformatting and reinstalling Windows, issue went away.

Then built a new computer with a different CPU, Motherboard, RAM, new SSD (with yet another fresh Windows install on it) only for the issue to return on this completely different system.

I think it's a very weird combination of a number of factors, between Windows, iCUE, GPU drivers.

I've been fighting with it for months on two different computers.

It's definitely tied into Gsync windowed mode and iCue, iCue is rendered 3D with a capped framerate and its slowing everything else to match it as if it were a 3D game

Hence why people only seem to get this problem with G-SYNC enabled for "Windowed & Full Screen" modes. If you really need G-SYNC enabled for Windowed mode and want to eliminate ICUE from the equation, follow the steps I left in an earlier post to exclude ICUE from G-SYNC.