Corsair Community

VOID Wireless volume mixer going down.

When using my VOID Wireless I noticed that some apps have way too low volume, I check the Windows Volume Mixer and their volume is way lower than what they should.

I usually have my void at 12-18% volume and want to keep the rest of programs in the same level but for some reason I don't know when or how, some programs (or most of them) keeps lowering their volume and have to up them again in the Volume Mixer.

Have you tried disabling the 'lower all sounds by XX%" in Windows?

You can find this in the sound window under the communications tab.

Forgot to mention that. It is disabled.

Yesterday night I manually set all my volumes to 20%, today I woke up to see this. The more time, the more programs that change their volume and I haven't found any pattern on how why or when this is happening.

Sometimes I use my speakers and they work just fine, have them all at 100% because I can control the volume from the speaker itself. With Corsair Void I need to lower volume to 10-20% because they are way too loud.

http://i.imgur.com/SRY80e1.png

Edited by BahamutxD

That's weird. Are you running any applications that are known to lower the volume of other applications?

Have you tried turning off exclusive mode as well? This can be found in the advanced tab under the headset properties from Sound.

i have noticed that the mixer changes levels with the sound notifications.. sometimes especially after the headset locks up when out or range.. the mixers are all changed i have to keep turning them back up.. the headset itself is amazing & the CUE not so much, once they fix these issues, it will be a solid headset but untill then i am anoyyed with it :(

Been trying things this last days and can't get to anything too specific... Like the poster above said, when out of range usually procs this behaviour. I also noticed this SOMETIMES happen when messing with the program sound levels (ingame if it's a game, or the volume bar if a media player...)

I haven't noticed this behaviour with CUE uninstalled either.

Also, if you line up all the volumes to the same value does this behavior still happen?

Yes. Infact I try to keep all the programs lined (not maxed!) and then change their volumes ingame/inside the program itself.

Before coming here to write this repply, I opened youtube and noticed it too low, chrome was at 2% or something like that.

Which VOID and version of CUE are you using?

Latest CUE version/FW. This been happening for a while now (1-2months?), not sure about FW but it was happening with CUE 1.15.36.

VOID Wireless.

Edited by BahamutxD

• 5 months later...

I've been experiencing this too, both on old 1.16.42 and 2.4.66. On Windows 7 and 10.

It seems to occur when there's another program that also sets volumes. Specifically, for me, it seems to be mostly when I have Mumble running at the same time - when has the option to "attenuate other applications while users talk". I also have the voice prompts enabled in CUE, which does similar adjustments.

So, at a guess, this is when the two clash and try adjusting volumes at the same time, then failing to restore properly.

Since this sounds rather hard to diagnose and properly fix, perhaps an easy workaround would be to add an option that prevents CUE from adjusting other applications' volumes? If it's buggy, or causes other programs to be buggy, I'd rather not have it. I don't really care if a CUE voice prompt is difficult to hear, while it's far more important that I'm able to hear the people I'm talking to on Mumble.

I'll have to find time to test more and see if I can consistently trigger it sometime.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I hit the same bug with the latest iCUE software (v4.11.274) and a brand new Virtuoso headset with latest firmware (v0.17.149).

Basically, iCUE messes with per-application volume settings for no apparent reason. It brings the volume down for all apps, and does that repeatedly; after a few iterations of this, the volume becomes so low as to render the headset basically unusable. It took me a while to figure out what was happening - I was worried my headset was dying or something.

I know that it's iCUE doing this because it always happens if iCUE is open, and never happens if iCUE is closed. (After some experimentation I suspect it has something to do with the EQ feature, but I'm not entirely sure - it is not perfectly reproducible.)

I'm amazed that (1) iCUE would even mess around with per application volume settings (why??? could you please leave system settings alone?), and (2) that this bug appears to have first been reported 5 years ago and still not fixed. I even found a Corsair help page that implies Windows is to blame. It's not Windows, Corsair - it's your buggy app!

The only solution I found is to close iCUE and keep it closed forever (which is a shame, because I would have liked to use the EQ), then go to the Volume Mixer to restore the default per-application levels.

(Oh, and while I'm at it: please stop iCUE from resetting the Windows audio format for the headset. I have to manually set it back to 2-channel every time I use iCUE because it insists on resetting it to 8-channel. Yet another reason for me to stop using it.)

Edited by edechamps

• 1 month later...

So... its been awhile since the last post response...

but I'm knew to corsair iCUE utilizing for the HS70 wireless headset. The headset is great, the software is terrible... seems to be a reoccurring issue with these companies, had the same issue with Razer Synapse software.

Seeing the same issue described, but in my case it ONLY affects all media being used in any Google Chrome browser tab. Every time I turn the volume mixer for Chrome back up, once i put my PC to sleep/shutdown, turn back on, as soon as iCUE boots up it resets the browser volume to 30%. To alleviate, weirdly if i keep the volume mixer open, it won't change it under those conditions, or of course, if i simply do not use iCUE, but i want a custom EQ going!

It is starting to drive me nuts... any further news if Corsair even acknowledged this issue? I see links about this issue going all the way back to 2014!!! .... seems i may want to utilize a 3rd party for EQ software? :(

• Corsair Employee
So... its been awhile since the last post response...

but I'm knew to corsair iCUE utilizing for the HS70 wireless headset. The headset is great, the software is terrible... seems to be a reoccurring issue with these companies, had the same issue with Razer Synapse software.

Seeing the same issue described, but in my case it ONLY affects all media being used in any Google Chrome browser tab. Every time I turn the volume mixer for Chrome back up, once i put my PC to sleep/shutdown, turn back on, as soon as iCUE boots up it resets the browser volume to 30%. To alleviate, weirdly if i keep the volume mixer open, it won't change it under those conditions, or of course, if i simply do not use iCUE, but i want a custom EQ going!

It is starting to drive me nuts... any further news if Corsair even acknowledged this issue? I see links about this issue going all the way back to 2014!!! .... seems i may want to utilize a 3rd party for EQ software? :(

Could you try performing a clean installation of iCUE? You can export your current profiles before uninstalling, but would see if the issue becomes resolved before importing them into your clean iCUE installation.