Corsair Community

iCUE Commander CORE available as separate product?

Lord Zog

Looking to cleanup a few machines using commander pros (fan hub) and lighting nodes (LED control), the new iCUE Commander CORE looks to be an all-in-one solution.. Will these be available for purchase on their own or only with the new AIO coolers? And an ETA? They're not listed on the site but they are mentioned and a pic is included in the new AIO cooler pages.

• Corsair Employee

Glad we've caught your interest Lord Zog! At the moment, we do not have any plans for a retail variant of the Commander CORE. However, it is expected to be offered as a spare part sometime down the line so it may be possible for you to get your hands on one.

It is worth noting that the Commander CORE does not have a 3-pin port (ex. for RGB LED strips) or USB header connections. The Commander CORE also possesses a new standard connection for AIOs, which is currently only compatible with the new ELITE CAPELLIX Coolers.

Yeah, noticed the small differences but as a fan controller with the fan LED connections, it'll be a lot less messy. A USB hub and 4 of these to do fans and LED's as opposed to 4 commander pro's and 4 lighting cores in my 1000D and that would save on the mess. :) And then the 280x's are limited in space as well for a cable mess with the PSU and I have 3 of those builds here that could use some cable lovin' too. Fingers crossed they go retail or easier to get the parts.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, noticed the small differences but as a fan controller with the fan LED connections, it'll be a lot less messy. A USB hub and 4 of these to do fans and LED's as opposed to 4 commander pro's and 4 lighting cores in my 1000D and that would save on the mess. :) And then the 280x's are limited in space as well for a cable mess with the PSU and I have 3 of those builds here that could use some cable lovin' too. Fingers crossed they go retail or easier to get the parts.

im with ya 100% there !!!

1075988896_12RGBFans.thumb.jpg.258fd6aba7faefdf89c85322d41c5bf2.jpg