POST ID # = 378270
syscev Reputation: 10
Default MSI Supports reply..

MSI Supports reply..

Quote:
Dear ,

For your concern,please follow the suggestions below to check:
1.please make sure that each dimm and each ram is OK;
2.clear cmos referring to the user manual and make go to bios to load optimized defaults.
3.please format the disk with a clean system cd and meanwhile change another sata port to check;
4.please update the bios as described in the first mail.

Best regards,
MSI technical support team
Mine..

Quote:
Reply inline.

For your concern,please follow the suggestions below to check:
1.please make sure that each dimm and each ram is OK;
I ran memtest86+ on them thoroughly

1. Tested with XMP (Intel Extreme Memory Profiles) disable on Triple Channel mode with all 3 ram. Running at 1333Mhz. Pass 9 cycles with no crashing and no errors.

2. Tested with XMP enable on dual channel mode with ram on DIMM_A0 and DIMM_B0. Running at 1600Mhz CAS-9-9-9-24 (auto). Pass 2 cycles with no crashing and no errors. Able to boot windows.

3. Tested with XMP ON on triple channel mode. Running at 1600Mhz CAS-9-9-9-24 (auto). Sometimes crashes memtest86+ or sometimes able to reach 90%+ but will get the error in the picture below. Cannot boot windows. (BSOD)

2.clear cmos referring to the user manual and make go to bios to load optimized defaults.

Well I can run memtest86+ and windows just fine on 1333Mhz on triple channel not on 1600Mhz triple channel using XMP.

3.please format the disk with a clean system cd and meanwhile change another sata port to check;

Well I can run memtest86+ and windows just fine on 1333Mhz on triple channel not on 1600Mhz triple channel using XMP.

4.please update the bios as described in the first mail.

Have been using BIOS version v1.3b2 all this while.

Best regards,
MSI technical support team

Please advise.