Corsair Community

680X compatibility

kahless

Just curious, I tried the customer configurator with my 680X case and it said this case was not compatible with Hydro X. What would be the reasoning behind it not being compatible?

The parts are as follows:

680X

Maximus XI Extreme

Evga 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra

I assume something about the case won't fit one of the Hydro X parts?

The only products rated to work right now with their GPU waterblocks are the "featured" cards.

Since yours isn't on that list, I assume its shape doesn't match up, or perhaps it is too long and would collide with the primary radiator, which is currently pre-defined as the case's front position...

The configurator is a first draft and, thus, not everything is configurable by the user. Perhaps in a future update, there will be a way to reposition the radiator elsewhere.

Edited by Hyncharas

That sounds right, as this GPU would never work with a radiator in the front of the case.

The EK customer configurator accounts for this and builds a 280mm radiator at the top and bottom since there wouldn't be any room in the front.

I guess the Corsair one just needs a little refinement yet to account for that. Its too bad it doesn't alert you to this and allow you to self modify to put a 280mm at the top and bottom.

or perhaps it is too long and would collide with the primary radiator, which is currently pre-defined in the case's front position...

This is the current issue and the configurator tends to default to front intake at the largest size possible. With a 360mm front mount, you are going to have a hard limit on GPU length likely less than 290mm on the 680mm. There may be some additional issues with top/bottom mount additional hardware with a 360mm mounted behind the glass side fans. If you are trying to do dual radiators in a 680mm, some consideration for a top/bottom dual set-up might be worthwhile.

• Corsair Employee
Actually, it's only reference PCBs that will work with the GPU waterblock right now.

Blocks for custom PCB cards (ASUS Strix) were shown in the Hydro X display at Computex this year (so those will likely be coming relatively soon).

Other cards are possible, but I do not have any further information. For the time being, availability is mostly going to be for FE/reference PCB cards and branch out from there once things start to settle down a bit. :)

• Corsair Employee
Just curious, I tried the customer configurator with my 680X case and it said this case was not compatible with Hydro X. What would be the reasoning behind it not being compatible?

The parts are as follows:

680X

Maximus XI Extreme

Evga 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra

I assume something about the case won't fit one of the Hydro X parts?

The issue is inability to install the pump/res unit due to a dimension of your graphics card.

As you already figured it out, we can remedy that by using top and bottom radiator position.

We are working on verification and will update the database. I'll send an update when ready.

ASUS ROG Strix 2080 and 2080 Ti will be supported.

• 2 weeks later...