Corsair Community

Scimitar problems

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So plugging the mouse into the front USB ports did not help as well?

Nope, no use.

A friend of mine had the same issue until two days ago when he reinstalled windows from scratch - seems his issues were resolved since then. I bought the mouse because he was so smitten with it.

As for latest drivers and firmware for motherboard and such, yes, I tried all that too - even played around with power management settings on the usb ports (enabled/disabled).

I might be left with the same option as my mouse recommender - a complete reinstall, but that'll happen when it has to happen, not because of the macro buttons being useless right now.

As for using it on another computer, I only have the one and currently noone near me to take it to to try it out :-)

Many thanks for your attempts to help Toasted, but I'll make do for now without CUE.

• 5 months later...
My scimitar seems bricked now. Using CUE 2.12.67, I plug in the mouse and it flashes purple, all the while asking me to update the firmware. I try to update the firmware and the lights turn off. After replugging it, it just goes back to flashing and asking for a firmware update.

• 3 years later...

Hello. I've recently been having problems with my Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB, which I purchased about 3 years ago from a retailer, who's warranty lasts for only 2 years. The issues I've been having are:

1) The DPI acting up always when I reopen my pc and the way I have to fix it is to every time go to iCue and switch to a different polling rate and then back to the original one and I really don't know what that's about.

2) Left click not working over half the time I click ( I can still hear the click sound but the clicks won't actually register) and I still haven't found a fix to this.

3) While clicking and dragging, the mouse will eventually just stop the drag and it doesn't even start dragging the icon in the iCue's Surface Calibration option.

4) Alot of dust piling up inbetween the sides of the 4 stickers on the bottom of the mouse.

If anyone could help me with these issues, it would be very greatly appreciated, since I really love the Corsair Scimitar mouse but I just honestly don't have the money to buy another one right now.

• Corsair Employee
Hello. I've recently been having problems with my Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB, which I purchased about 3 years ago from a retailer, who's warranty lasts for only 2 years. The issues I've been having are:

1) The DPI acting up always when I reopen my pc and the way I have to fix it is to every time go to iCue and switch to a different polling rate and then back to the original one and I really don't know what that's about.

2) Left click not working over half the time I click ( I can still hear the click sound but the clicks won't actually register) and I still haven't found a fix to this.

3) While clicking and dragging, the mouse will eventually just stop the drag and it doesn't even start dragging the icon in the iCue's Surface Calibration option.

4) Alot of dust piling up inbetween the sides of the 4 stickers on the bottom of the mouse.

If anyone could help me with these issues, it would be very greatly appreciated, since I really love the Corsair Scimitar mouse but I just honestly don't have the money to buy another one right now.

Sorry you’re experiencing these many issues, you can reach out to our support team through the following link, and they will be able to provide you with the necessary help you need for several of these issues:

https://support.corsair.com/

For the DPI – look at your DPI settings in iCue and see if it’s on default. For the issues with the clicking and dragging of the mouse, make sure to tell support the history of the mouse and if any damage was sustained to it as well as what third party retailer you purchased the item from. For dust, I usually use a compressed-gas duster can or spray or I just remove the stickers entirely since no ones going to see it since its in the bottom (of course its your choice however!) I also clean my products with light Goo Gone to get rid of any sticky residue left over from packaging. Support will help you more with the technical issues.

Sorry you’re experiencing these many issues, you can reach out to our support team through the following link, and they will be able to provide you with the necessary help you need for several of these issues:

https://support.corsair.com/

For the DPI – look at your DPI settings in iCue and see if it’s on default. For the issues with the clicking and dragging of the mouse, make sure to tell support the history of the mouse and if any damage was sustained to it as well as what third party retailer you purchased the item from. For dust, I usually use a compressed-gas duster can or spray or I just remove the stickers entirely since no ones going to see it since its in the bottom (of course its your choice however!) I also clean my products with light Goo Gone to get rid of any sticky residue left over from packaging. Support will help you more with the technical issues.

Okay, thank you but where can i contact support?

• Corsair Employee
Okay, thank you but where can i contact support?

So click on the link provided and on the top right corner is the CONTACT US button in yellow. Follow the instructions on the drop-down menu below the "SUBMIT A TICKET BELOW" banner.