Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello, I have a question about using the RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion kit. I have a Lighting Node Pro and it is connected to two RGB Hubs. Hub 1 is connected to LL120 fans, Hub 2 is connected to SP120 fans. Can I connect the RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion kit to Hub 1 that has the LL120 fans connected to it? I really don't have the room to add another Lighting Node Pro with my case. Thanks.

Interesting.

While i think it would be Possible to use a custom made Splitter cable to split the cable going into hub 1. spilt it so it has the 3 cables running to a strip connector. if that makes sense...

if it does work one down side would be some of the sequential effects you apply to LL fans would look a little strange on the Strips as they would essentially be a clone of the LL fans..in iCUE you would only see the fans.

I can not confirm this right now though....

Waiting for DevBiker to stop being AFK.. he makes up the cables us mere mortals need to fiddle this system lol...

this is not endorsed by Corsair by the way.. all it your own risk when it comes to modding out side specs

Edited by Zotty

You can put strips on an RGB Fan Hub - I've done it. :)

You would need a custom cable to do so and you'd need to configure them as LL Fans, which could give some odd effects on the strips, as Zotty indicated. You are limited to 96 LEDs on a single channel for configuration but you can power up to 120. Depending on where you would put the strips in the chain, they would either duplicate a certain number of fans or be the last on the chain.

How many LL Fans do you have on the channel? And you absolutely cannot put them on the hub with the SP fans.

You can put strips on an RGB Fan Hub - I've done it. :)

You would need a custom cable to do so and you'd need to configure them as LL Fans, which could give some odd effects on the strips, as Zotty indicated. You are limited to 96 LEDs on a single channel for configuration but you can power up to 120. Depending on where you would put the strips in the chain, they would either duplicate a certain number of fans or be the last on the chain.

How many LL Fans do you have on the channel? And you absolutely cannot put them on the hub with the SP fans.

Thanks DevBiker! I have 3 LL fans on Hub1 and 3 SP fans on Hub2 and everything works so far. I knew that they couldn't be on the same hub because LL has individually addressable LED's. I've had a few software/programming issues that I have fixed. Hopefully I can afford 3 more LL fans in the future and I can put all 6 on one hub and get rid of the SP fans which would leave the other hub open for LED strips in the future.

I created a forum account here just to say how much I appreciate the information in this thread, and the work done pulling it together, diagrams and all.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. And seriously, thank you!

Thank you very much buddy :).. means a lot!! just trying to help :)

• Like 1

Updated Info on the Pro Lighting LED Strips.

DO NOT BUY the CORSAIR Link RGB LED Lighting Kit )which are for use with the Commander Mini or Lighting Node).

Both the above kit and the Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit are available on the Corsair Web Stores.. only the Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion kit is Compatible with the Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro

cIZprOkt.pngPro RGB Strip: 10 LEDs, Length: 410mm, IP65-rated transparent silicone coated, 4 magnets per strip and full-strip tape, 5v. 4 strip Limit in LINK and 6 Strip Limit in iCue

NOTE*

(not to be confused with the older and now EOL CORSAIR Link RGB LED Lighting Kit which only contains 2 Strips.. this kit will NOT work with the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro..)

• 4 weeks later...

Updated 7/2/19

Edits made and info added

The LED on the Commander Pro will Flash green upon boot and any time it communicates with the Host PC.. it will go Red when in Boot loader Mode or has a communications Error. it is not illuminated normally

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

so have connected as proposed and the LL140 is shining (red dot and white) but I am not able to change the colors of the rgb of the fan.

I have the LNP/commander pro & fan hub. If i connect my 4 led stripes, they are working properly and I can change the rgbs with no problems.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Fabian

Last updated 27th February 2019

Other Faqs/Guides

My 1000D Build Guide

iCue FAQ

DevBikers General Cooler FAQ

Inheritance's iCUE Tutorial

Community iCUE Tutorials/Guides

iCUE Early Access - Video Tutorials

Worth the watch.. certainly for new 570x owners ;)

My Discord Channel

https://discord.gg/b6x8HpM

other Faq's and links added

Wonderful guide. Thank you very much for creating it and the graphis, Zotty.

I just got a Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB Fan and it registers as an "RGB Light Strip" in iCue. was wondering if I could connect it at the end of a chain of RGB LED Lighting PRO Strips on a single connector of the lighting node pro and if it's possible, how many strips would I be able to chain before it. Do you have any idea if something like that would work? I'd like to avoid connecting another lighting node pro at this point since I'd have to add another SATA cable to my PSU and my case is rather crammed in the out of view cable portion already.

As for my setup, the first connector of my Lighting Node Pro is used for the RGB hub with 6 ML-RGB fans, the second currently for my Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB fan which I was hoping I could connect the strips in between since it already registers as a Light strip anyway.

Edited by Glzmo

Wonderful guide. Thank you very much for creating it and the graphis, Zotty.

I just got a Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB Fan and it registers as a Strip in iCue. was wondering if I could connect it at the end of a chain of RGB LED Lighting PRO Strips on a single connector of the lighting node pro and if it's possible, how many strips would I be able to chain before it. Do you have any idea if something like that would work? I'd like to avoid connecting another lighting node pro at this point (the first connector of my Lighting Node Pro is used for the RGB hub with 6 ML-RGB fans, the second currently for my Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB fan which I was hoping I could connect the strips in between).

I take it that it has the 3-pin connector? And 10 LEDs (hence ... a strip)?

In that case, you can put 5 strips in front of it and daisy-chain it to the end.

I take it that it has the 3-pin connector? And 10 LEDs (hence ... a strip)?

In that case, you can put 5 strips in front of it and daisy-chain it to the end.

Yes, it's the same 3-pin connector you connect directly to the Lighting Node Pro.

Not sure how many LEDs it has. Might be 12, though, according to the information in the top post, so not sure.

I've ordered a pack of four strips for now and will see how it goes. Worth a shot, I guess. If push comes to shove, I can always add that second Lighting Node Pro that came with the Dominator Airflow even though I prefer not to. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

ohh exciting times.... keep us updated dude... i only got to play with the older version of that Ram cooler my self.
Alright, here's the promised update, and it's good news.

I just got my 4-pack of RGB LED Lighting PRO Strips, daisy-chained them on channel 2 (configured as RGB Light Strip in iCue) of my Lighting node Pro with my Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB Fan at the end of the chain. No problem at all, everything seems to be working fine, thus the experiment can be seen as a success. I'd assume 5 strips+Airflow Platinum RGB Fan should work fine on one channel as well.

Feel free to add the information to your top post, Zotty.

My case is now lit up like an X-Mas Tree. Now I just need to diffuse those strips (I'm thining about putting some fine sandpaper to work) and re-arrange them a bit for the optimal effect. :)

Edited by Glzmo