Corsair Community

Planning to purchase an Asus Z390i for my secondary build. I have a couple questions regarding corsair controller compatibility

1.) Can this board run with a commander pro? It has 2 USB 2.0 headers. (CoPro needs a Usb 2.0) to run and as I will be using the corsair H100i RGB SE, that pump will also use up a USB 2.0 header on the board

I know the commander pro has 2 internal usb 2.0 ports as well, which leads me to my next question

2.) Can i plug the USB 2.0 from the Pump into the commander pro instead of onto the motherboard?

I will be purchasing the LL120's 3 pack as well and that will come with a rgb led hub so the NoPro that comes with it to my understanding is that the CoPro will be the one I use since it does the job of the NoPro and more

1) Yes and 2) Yes, there is no reason not to piggy back the H100i Platinum USB onto the Commander Pro. The Commander Pro will also serve as the lighting interface so the Lighting Node Pro will not have immediate use. It can be saved for future expansion (2 additional RGB lighting channels), but you should price the three LL120 singles vs the triple pack w/ LNP. Prices tend move around and some people mistakenly think the triple pack is some kind of bulk discount. It’s not. It comes with hardware the singles do not (LNP).

There are additional FAQs and other information in the iCUE section of the forum.

1) Yes and 2) Yes, there is no reason not to piggy back the H100i Platinum USB onto the Commander Pro. The Commander Pro will also serve as the lighting interface so the Lighting Node Pro will not have immediate use. It can be saved for future expansion (2 additional RGB lighting channels), but you should price the three LL120 singles vs the triple pack w/ LNP. Prices tend move around and some people mistakenly think the triple pack is some kind of bulk discount. It’s not. It comes with hardware the singles do not (LNP).

There are additional FAQs and other information in the iCUE section of the forum.

Thank you for the reply! This certainly would make wiring the AIO pump usb to the CoPro much cleaner than if i just connected to the motherboard. I have noticed the price differences in the single vs triple fan as well and will see which is the better buy. Thanks once again