Corsair Community

Specialized lighting profiles not working with my ASUS gpu?

ninjatastik21

Hopefully i can state this correctly. i love icue and i love the lighting profiles for it. everythbing seems to play nicely except my gpu. i have an ASUS strix rx 5700xt. when i use the "predefined, custom, or lighting link" it works fine. but when i download custom lighting profiles, even from corsair the gpu sits dark. i can get it to light independently by the predefined, custom or lighting link but it looks odd and out of place. my question is am i doing something wrong? or do these specialized lighting profiles just need to be updated somehow to include the GPU? I hope this makes sense.

Asus GPU lighting integration was just added a month or two ago and the profiles on the Corsair Library page predate that. There’s no data for the GPU. You can add any effect to or on top of these lighting profiles. You can add a matching static color in a few seconds and be done or try and do a more complicated pattern. Since the lighting layout on the gpu is going to vary from model to model, you are better off setting up something on your own.

The motherboard lighting was introduced earlier at the beginning of 2020. It is likely the current versions of the those lighting profiles were written after that, but before the GPU integration last month. Writing those profiles to be universal is a lot of work. You have to do the programming for every device and every version of it. New stuff doesn't automatically work. The author has to get the new device, then go back and write the pattern for it.

• 9 months later...
Hopefully i can state this correctly. i love icue and i love the lighting profiles for it. everythbing seems to play nicely except my gpu. i have an ASUS strix rx 5700xt. when i use the "predefined, custom, or lighting link" it works fine. but when i download custom lighting profiles, even from corsair the gpu sits dark. i can get it to light independently by the predefined, custom or lighting link but it looks odd and out of place. my question is am i doing something wrong? or do these specialized lighting profiles just need to be updated somehow to include the GPU? I hope this makes sense.

I have just built a new pc and run into this problem with my Asus Strix 3070. Its been a while since this post was made, does anyone know if this issue has a fix yet?