Corsair Community

Void Pro Wireless 7.1 static noise.

Cantas

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

System Build: 10.0.16299(16299) Version:(1709)

Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64x

Headset: Corsair Gaming Void RGB Dolby 7.1 USB Black, CA-9011130-NA

CUE Version: 2.20.72

Firmware:0.17

My Bios,chipset and USB drivers are updated.

I check the ACG box and have no effect.

The static sound only disappears completely when it's on the desktop, the strange thing is that even when I'm going to open a program and ask for permission the sound appears or when i open discord, team speak, the only program that does not do this is when the steam store is open.

When I open google chrome and put it in videos or stream the sound appears or when I'm playing.

i set the volume on 10% no diference on 0% or 100%.

Edited by pasine

System Build: 10.0.16299(16299)

Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64x

Headset: Corsair Gaming Void Pro RGB Dolby 7.1 Wireless Black

Firmware:0.15

All divers and bios updated

i ear the "static" sound when windows volume is arround 100%

• 2 weeks later...

PC Build:ryzen 1600x,asus b350m-a mobo-gtx 1060 6gb gpu

System Build-windows 10 ver 1709(16299.64)

Corsair Headset Model:void pro wireless white

cue ver:2.20.72

firmware:0.15

my static sound always here even not connected to pc i just bought from amazon(3 days ago)

I am having the exact same issue as described by everyone here. This is with my Corsair VOID Pro RGB USB headset. One interesting thing I found is that uninstalling CUE and using the default generic USB headset drivers provided by Windows I have no issues at all. The weird static dissapears. It seems like it only happens when the Corsair drivers are installed. I would be happy to just use the generic drivers but I don't want to have my RGB flashing rainbow because CUE isn't installed to handle its lighting. Please fix this Corsair. I can provide any additional details if need be.

I'll go ahead and provide this info to our developers for review. Can you provide your systems specs too so we can add it to our log? Also, which Corsair headset are you using?

Thanks for the reply. I hope this issue gets fixed as soon as possible. Here are my additional details:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-K (Socket 1150)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Windows Version: Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64)

Corsair Headset Model: Corsair VOID Pro RGB USB Gaming Headset

Firmware Version: 0.01

I have it also, void pro wireless,.. its intermittent for me and if i flick to another audio source and then back again it goes away.. also goes away when unplugging the dongle then plugging it back in... its there but not really been a pain thus far..

Getting this too.

What I've noticed is that in the Sound > VOID > Properties > Advanced > Default Format sample rate is set to just one selection that can't be changed and it looks to be quite low in terms of quality. Not even DVD level (though I can't see for sure what it is ATM as I don't have the Corsair app installed any more).

However, after I uninstalled the Corsair utility app and then reviewed the same I can choose, for example, 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000hz (DVD Quality) out of several selections and at that level, I don't get the crunchy, static effect when actions are performed in game.

In my case, the game I've noticed it in is Fortnite, when farming trees and brick. There's a scratching, static noise that accompanies the end of an action. This doesn't happen when this setting it set to the above sample rate. I've double checked this with my main 5.1 speakers also, setting the sample rate down to that which appears to be locked when the Corsair app is installed and it produces the same static-y result.

So, in summary, the Corsair app seems to be locking the VOID sample rate very low and it cannot be manually altered unless the Corsair app is uninstalled, at which point you're left with a 2 channel VOID. This causes the noise.

As some background to my situation, I installed Windows 10 completely afresh after upgrading my PC hardware at which point this issue became immediately apparent. It was not apparent on my prior setup but I can't say what version of the Corsair app I was using. It will have have been an older version, as I recall it throwing an error when looking for updates. This in turn could mean that me grabbing the latest version of the Corsair app, thus newer code, is looking to be the root of the issue.

Hope this helps, as running games in 2 channel stereo is not why I spent so much money on these.

Edited by Kurakkon
  • Confused 1

Hi!

Just got the void pro wireless and also noticed the static, one way to get rid of this is to close the CUE OR set the lightning effects RGB all to 0. when adjusting the numbers i could hear the buzz getting louder or lower depending the color setting. It would be really appreciated if they could fix this in future update and also fix the CUE.exe ram usage...

• 2 weeks later...
I've just received the Corsair Void Pro 7.1 Wireless RBG headset for Christmas and every time I open up a program that is capable of making a noise there's a quiet static hiss that won't give up. I've tried all sorts so far including all suggestions stated above. It's beginning to give me a headache and I'm having to switch to my previous pair of Corsair HS40 USB to keep me sane. I am Autistic and I'm very sensitive to sound so I've always put money into good quality items. It's a little disappointing when things like this crop up.:[pouts:

So I've had all the same issues as you guys above but I've found a solution for myself. So my general audio set up usually has me having my PC's volume at 100% and then turning each game down within the games settings accordingly. So for instance World of Warcraft is on 3% and Heroes of the storm on 10%.

I noticed that if I brought my PC's volume below 75% the static would disappear. So I reduced my PC's volume to 50% and increased all my set game volumes to double their original values and WHALA! Sorted.:biggrin:

So I've had all the same issues as you guys above but I've found a solution for myself. So my general audio set up usually has me having my PC's volume at 100% and then turning each game down within the games settings accordingly. So for instance World of Warcraft is on 3% and Heroes of the storm on 10%.

I noticed that if I brought my PC's volume below 75% the static would disappear. So I reduced my PC's volume to 50% and increased all my set game volumes to double their original values and WHALA! Sorted.:biggrin:

it is not a solution for me

Update: experienced the static yet again, became frustrated and disassembled the left speaker can, turns out it's the circuit board that makes the static/whine/buzz/ when it heats up and there is no way to fix it. What a piece of junk!

I submitted a support ticket to Corsair regarding this issue, and I've basically been told that there are no issues on Corsair's side and that this is our issue with a driver confliction or grounding issue. This is pathetic, there's so many people with this issue, and we get told there's no issues by Corsair? The issue only occurs when CUE drivers are installed...

Yea that's a bunch of crap. I bought two different usb headsets and they both sucked, no fix, no answer nothing. I am no stuck with one because I kept it over my return time thinking Corsair would fix it, good thing I got this bad *** Asus ROG centurion for Christmas.

I had this issue on both my void and my void pro.. only did it while in games and when using Kodi.. but its not done it now for over two weeks now.... has to be software based imho

Edit.. the only thing I had changed was moving the dongle from the ST100 to the passthrough on the back of my MM800

Edited by Zotty

I had this issue on both my void and my void pro.. only did it while in games and when using Kodi.. but its not done it now for over two weeks now.... has to be software based imho

Edit.. the only thing I had changed was moving the dongle from the ST100 to the passthrough on the back of my MM800

Absolutely its software based.

In my case, my older PC that had CUE on it had an older version of CUE. I know this because when I tried to run the updater via CUE it threw an error and didnt update. On that older PC, the VOID was working without any problems.

On my new PC, built 4 weeks or so ago, the issue was immediately apparent. Tested via multiple USB ports. The only difference is the version of CUE I use. I don't know what the older version was, as the old PC no longer exists, but any version of CUE that I download right now exhibits this issue.

It is definitely a CUE issue, as when CUE isn't installed, the problem doesn't exist though the VOID only then works in stereo not 7.1.

So objectively this is a CUE software-caused problem.