Corsair Community

K70 RGB Media Keys Not Working

If you have media keys that don't seem to work, it may be related to a Windows service. Try this:

Click on the Windows Start Button and navigate to the Control Panel. Start up Administrative Tools and click on Services. Scroll down to Human Interface Device Access and ensure the service has started up. If it is not, click on restart the service and change it to startup automatically by double clicking the service.

Fixed my problem, recently experienced this with K70RGB

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
If you have media keys that don't seem to work, it may be related to a Windows service. Try this:

Click on the Windows Start Button and navigate to the Control Panel. Start up Administrative Tools and click on Services. Scroll down to Human Interface Device Access and ensure the service has started up. If it is not, click on restart the service and change it to startup automatically by double clicking the service.

holy ***** thank you so much mate!

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried all the solutions mentioned in this thread, it's still not working. My mute button works and so does the volume roller but not the play/pause, stop, next or previous. Please help, I just got this keyboard today.

Update: I remapped the stop key to the spacebar, and it works... I remapped the spacebar to stop, and it doesn't work.. So it seems to be the software or the audio controlling thing, not the keys themselves. Not sure what to do.

Edited by KrutikFTW

I have tried all the solutions mentioned in this thread, it's still not working. My mute button works and so does the volume roller but not the play/pause, stop, next or previous. Please help, I just got this keyboard today.

Update: I remapped the stop key to the spacebar, and it works... I remapped the spacebar to stop, and it doesn't work.. So it seems to be the software or the audio controlling thing, not the keys themselves. Not sure what to do.

Same issue here. K65, my mute/unmute/volup/voldown all work fine, but the play/pause/forward/back FN keys do not work at all. The service mentioned on the previous page is enabled and running, the keyboard is not in BIOS mode, it's the only keyboard installed with the latest drivers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know if this will help anyone. I just want to mention that I struggled with these problems and tried everything people mention. Drivers, bios thing,services etc. etc.

Then I changed the color profile. And stored a new one in the keyboard's memory and set it as default (the portal profile actually) and it worked instantly after that.

I don't know if that's just completely random after doing everything else.. but it was more than a little suspicious. So I'm just gonna write it down in case someone else tries it and it works.

• 3 months later...

Im gonna nercro this thread abit, ive tried the things above and nothing works, my volume wheel and mute still wont work??

http://s14.postimg.org/yaifdhhm5/image.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/tf5rel7f3/image.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/6wuaznx1b/image.jpg

i've recently changed from k60 to a k70 after spilling water on my k60(r.i.p the best keyboard in the world) ive installed the program, uninstalled all the drivers several times, and the services solution, still nothing??

Hey, I know how to get your guys' media keys working! (k70 here)

1. In chrome go to settings

2. extensions

3. scroll to the bottom to where it says "keyboard shortcuts"

4. change the the google play music settings to "in chrome" instead of global

5. I also had to restart my pc, as simply restarting chrome didn't work, but then your keys should work!

Is it only the volume scroll wheel and mute button not working?

Do the media keys (Play,Pause,Next,Previous) work fine?[/quote

Nope they dont work either, but mute and volume is more important for me.

Also i dont have chrome and dident find any similar settings under firefox im afraid. But if you look at my pictures, what wonders me is those _6_ HID devices??

• 2 months later...

2. extensions

5. I also had to restart my pc, as simply restarting chrome didn't work, but then your keys should work!

I'd throw $100 dollar bills at your feet if I could, this worked for me. Double checked all the other suggestions, but your ultimately fixed my issue. Only my mute and volume toggle were working. Apparently when I downloded Plex, it reassigned something.

Took your suggestion, I went into Chrome keyboard shortcuts and changed the play, stop, forward, and back buttons from "Global", to "In Chrome" and fixed it. My k70 media buttons are now all functioning again. :) Thanks so much!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

OK, so I also had an issue with my media buttons.

My media buttons buttons worked but then I manually updated the CUE software from 1.x to 2.x and it stopped working. Funny thing was that my mute and volume buttons continued working but my media buttons (play, stop, next, previous) wouldn't work anymore. I knew that my keyboard was working so it had to be software issue.

Anyway, after about 15 minutes or so, I figured that updating the software version somehow unbinded the media buttons from the app (winamp) and rebinding worked from winamp.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On my K70 in Windows 7 Pro, I would have the onscreen display of volume level (let's say it was manually set at 68% using the taskbar icon) when I rolled the dial or hit the mute, but nothing was actually affected on the PC.

Starting the service fixed my problem as soon as I started the service. I think I may have disabled it trying to diagnose the volume control on an old Microsoft keyboard.

Thanks! This post should be stickied.

I have a Corsair K70 RGB LUX keyboard (and love it btw, first mechanical KB, can't go back!). I encountered the same struggle with the media keys today and foobar2000.

I used this Corsair staff suggestion:

Then this one about the Google Play Music extension in Chrome:

Do any of you guys have chrome ? and use the chrome google play music extension if so disable it and the keys should work fine.
before finding this one that improves on it as it doesn't disable the extension but tweaks how it works:

2. extensions

But after those it still wasn't working! I had to go into my Corsair Utility Engine software under the custom lighting profile I had and create each media key mapping to the correct physical keys under the Actions section. After doing that the first time, Next and Previous worked, but Play/Pause actually had the Stop functionality and the Stop key did nothing. I had to remove and re-recreate those to actions and now it all works.

Make sure you export the profile from the main profile selection screen somewhere in case you ever have to restore it!

• 3 months later...

You sir, are the real MVP. I created an account on the forum just to thank you for the solution, it really worked. Weird Windows behavior...Thanks again, virtual beer coming your way!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

1. Install the Streamkeys extension on chrome.

2. Go to msconfig. windowskey+r and type msconfig

3. Go to services

4. Uncheck: window media player network

5. Restart your computer

This works for chrome and spotify. I haven't tested other types of mediaplayers, however they probably will.

Edited by plopkoek