Corsair Community

570x more fans than headers

KMierz

Alright so here’s my dilemma. I made an account here because I’m rather lost.

Yesterday I got my Corsair 570x, h150i, 2 packs of HD120 fans and vengeance rgb pro ram to rebuild and upgrade my PC. I got everything put together and it turns on!

I intended to do a push/pull with the h150i front mounted, using HD120 on the front and the included SP120 that comes with the case on the rear of the radiator. As of right now I have the SP120’s disconnected. The remaining 3 HD120’s on the top and rear. Alright so 9 fans in total, using the included splitter off of the CPU head I have spots for 7 fans(one SYSFAN header available/unused right now) on my MSI Z170A Gaming M3. Is there a recommended splitter like the one off of the CPU head to connect the remaining 3 fans? Or how is this done? I’ve seen similar setups a few times before and based my new build off of them and left this factor out somehow.

Thanks in advance (:

The CPU fan header isn't always ideal for case fans in a liquid cooled system; they will often be exclusively tied to the CPU temp, which has no impact on your system's internal temperature when liquid cooled. But ... you can make it work.

There are other things to look at - PWM splitters might be an option. Another option is to use a powered PWM Fan Hub that duplicates the PWM signal to multiple fans and provides independent power. Last, but certainly not least, the Commander Pro is also an option.

The CPU fan header isn't always ideal for case fans in a liquid cooled system; they will often be exclusively tied to the CPU temp, which has no impact on your system's internal temperature when liquid cooled. But ... you can make it work.

There are other things to look at - PWM splitters might be an option. Another option is to use a powered PWM Fan Hub that duplicates the PWM signal to multiple fans and provides independent power. Last, but certainly not least, the Commander Pro is also an option.

Can you help explain how the commander pro would help powering the fans? I thought the commander pro was just to help link the lighting together.

The Commander Pro is a Lighting Node Pro plus a fan controller. It would replace the LNP currently in your system. It would give you speed and lighting control over all system fans through iCUE. No more BIOS diving to make changes.

It would also solve another dilemma. The SP-RGB fans that came with the case are 3 pin DC motors. You can't run those and the 4 pin PWM HD fans on the same circuit or on the pump at all. You will need to power the SP from an alternative source, whether that is a motherboard header or external fan controller, like the Commander Pro. You will also need to keep the 3 SP-RGB fans on a different RGB Lighting Hub from the HD fans.

The Commander Pro is a Lighting Node Pro plus a fan controller. It would replace the LNP currently in your system. It would give you speed and lighting control over all system fans through iCUE. No more BIOS diving to make changes.

It would also solve another dilemma. The SP-RGB fans that came with the case are 3 pin DC motors. You can't run those and the 4 pin PWM HD fans on the same circuit or on the pump at all. You will need to power the SP from an alternative source, whether that is a motherboard header or external fan controller, like the Commander Pro. You will also need to keep the 3 SP-RGB fans on a different RGB Lighting Hub from the HD fans.

Thanks for explaining! Looks like I’ll be picking one of those up after work.

both the below threads are worth the read...

RGB Faq (covers the Commander Pro)

570x Faq,, ignore the RGB Corsair Logo if is not a mirror black

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182609&t=182609

you would be looking at something like this

http://i.imgur.com/dMbVSozl.png

Fan types doesnt matter for the connections in this image,,, you would have your 6 HD fans on one RGB Fan LED Hub and the 3 SP fans on the other RGB Fan LED Hub

Edited by Zotty

Wow that is way more easier drawn out like that. I was way over-complicating this in my head lol

yeah lol.. a picture speaks a 1000 words huh... glad it helps dude

Do you have any tips on matching the fan curves of the SP and HD once I get it hooked up?

yeah set up a a custom curve for the 3 that are mounted to the rad but are powered by the commander pro using the H150i as the Temp source

taking a screen shot of the one you set up on the H150i will help ;)

Edited by Zotty

yeah lol.. a picture speaks a 1000 words huh... glad it helps dude

yeah set up a a custom curve for the 3 that are mounted to the rad but are powered by the commander pro using the H150i as the Temp source

taking a screen shot of the one you set up on the H150i will help ;)

Do you know of anywhere I can buy those RGB Controllers you have in the above pictures? I can't find them for sale anywhere