Corsair Community

iCUE Software crashing after install Nexus

RandomX2

Hey all - I have been having issues with the iCUE software shutting down unexpectedly. This started only after installing the Nexus. I have had other issues as well (random new screens) though that isn't what I wanted to post about. I have done a clean reinstall of the software today however the issue persists. Here is the most recent event log - not sure what to do next...

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.31.81.0, time stamp: 0x5f0c5b70

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000

Faulting process id: 0x49a0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d66e6281ee237e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: c9732f25-b2d4-4e53-a09e-95dec7b996f9

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Same here. Been happening since installing Nexus. Sometimes on a system reboot I can get it to stay open, but most times it crashes after a couple minutes after every iCUE restart. Reinstalled iCUE and problem persists.

• 3 weeks later...

The issue persists after the latest update.

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.32.80.0, time stamp: 0x5f354c18

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000400

Faulting process id: 0x68e4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d67e175dca7579

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: b92a0c64-b439-4cd1-a779-6a15afe63c65

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

We recently launched iCUE version 3.32.80 which should help improve the behavior of iCUE Nexus, and will have subsequent updates to further improve your experience. Please be sure to keep your iCUE updated as well as the Firmware for Nexus.

Hi Nick,

My Software version was already 3.32.80 and it continues to crash til today.

One of your colleagues, Ness has given me another new update which was 3.30.97.

That didn't work either. Worst of the icue software kept having not responding issues and constantly freezes. And the icue nexus once plugs in freezes my computer, causing OC profile to fail for my BIOS.

Just want to say I'm having the same issue with iCue constantly closing itself. I'm on the 2.2.6 firmware and on the most current iCue software. I've tried reinstalling iCue several times, it has not helped. This was not an issue for me before the icue 3.33.246 update. I don't get any kind of crash message, the software just closes itself and I have to relaunch it, then 5-30 mins later it will silently close out again. Edited by product342

Thanks for the update. What is your FW version for Nexus in the settings? Should be 2.2.6 which is the latest.

Hi

So updates as of below:

I received another email to update both icue [3.33.246] and nexus [2.26]

Overall software has no issues for me after installation.

I have tested the 2.26 firmware for about 5 hours straight when i received the email.

I am happy to report that there are not freezing nor hanging of the computer for now.

Day 4 of use and still no issues.

So overall updating the firmware to 2.26 and using latest iCue software should work if anyone sees this.

Thanks all for the help!

Just want to say I'm having the same issue with iCue constantly closing itself. I'm on the 2.2.6 firmware and on the most current iCue software. I've tried reinstalling iCue several times, it has not helped. This was not an issue for me before the icue 3.33.246 update. I don't get any kind of crash message, the software just closes itself and I have to relaunch it, then 5-30 mins later it will silently close out again.

Unfortunately, you might need to remove some of the profiles if you have.

So the steps below might help you but be warned that it will completely remove all the profiles you have done.

So you might want to think twice before trying.

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.

2. Open the Programs and Features options.

3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

4. Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.

5. Type %appdata% and press Enter.

6. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

7. Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.

8. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

9. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\.

10. Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.

11. Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.

12. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the Corsair folder.

13. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the Corsair folder.

14. Restart your computer.

• Corsair Employee
Just want to say I'm having the same issue with iCue constantly closing itself. I'm on the 2.2.6 firmware and on the most current iCue software. I've tried reinstalling iCue several times, it has not helped. This was not an issue for me before the icue 3.33.246 update. I don't get any kind of crash message, the software just closes itself and I have to relaunch it, then 5-30 mins later it will silently close out again.

How do you currently have the NEXUS connected to your system? Try connecting directly to the motherboard and try different USB port stacks if you haven't already.

Hi

So updates as of below:

I received another email to update both icue [3.33.246] and nexus [2.26]

Overall software has no issues for me after installation.

I have tested the 2.26 firmware for about 5 hours straight when i received the email.

I am happy to report that there are not freezing nor hanging of the computer for now.

Day 4 of use and still no issues.

So overall updating the firmware to 2.26 and using latest iCue software should work if anyone sees this.

Thanks all for the help!

Good to hear everything is working better for you now. Keep us posted if anything comes up

Edited by Corsair Nick

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...