Corsair Community

My 1st Custom Loop...My first Leak Yay

akak3_90

New Pc build using Corsair Hydro X parts all the way through. 24Hr leak test was completed with no issues. Connected everything together and ran for a few minutes. I noticed a big air bubble on the XC9 CPU Block. I tilted the case and opened the fill port to let the bubbles out. Then all of a sudden the soft tube connected to the outlet of the CPU block burst and some liquid came out. Fortunately, it wasn't a big spill. I turned off the pc and cleaned it up. After the cleanup it doesnt look like a tear or disconnect on the soft tube upon a visual inspection. I dont have a quick disconnect or drain valve at the moment. I am unsure of what I should do next to correct the issue. Please help.Right now the pc is turned off and the loop is still connected with the liquid still in the resevoir

. Let me know what I should do next ?

• Corsair Employee

Is it in any way possible that you pulled on the tube while you were tilting the case?

Definitely recheck on the fitting and soft tube connection on the CPU water block outlet. Maybe post a closeup picture so we can also check.

If there was any spill on electronic parts make sure that they are completely dry prior to powering up the system.

I did tilt the case. I didn't touch the soft tubes while tilting the case. Every minute or so there was a large air bubble on the CPU block that I had to open the resevoir fill port to let out.Everything is off and power cable removed. I cleaned up the liquid and waiting another day for everything to dry up. Attached is the pictures.

IMG-5337.thumb.jpg.7d687df924d7cd159468fd4aaff9e306.jpg

IMG-5338.thumb.jpg.0939be138f60e23fa5fd4eff7ea91693.jpg

IMG-5339.thumb.jpg.6ec232e166b991331ce838a78d030618.jpg

IMG-5341.thumb.jpg.b6ce3706b2739b09ba66218ba636255b.jpg

Your challenge will be disconnecting the fitting to check this without more liquid going everywhere.

So ... without the drain, that's going to be difficult. I'm not sure how you will be able to do this without getting at least some more liquid in places where you don't necessarily want it.

All is well. Appreciate your help. At first i thought the top tube was fine but it was not. Reseated everything and plugged all of the cabling and it all works with no leaks Edited by akak3_90
More Info