View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 PM
NicholasDX48BT2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 356594
NicholasDX48BT2 Reputation: 10

Hi,

Just to clarify -- did you remove the power from your computer (you unplugged the electricity to your computer, or you changed a switch on the electrical outlet), OR did you choose "shutdown" in Windows?

If you choose Shutdown in Windows, you should see a light on the motherboard next to the RAM even with the computer OFF.

If you did not remove electrical power, then you may have a problem. if you removed the electrical power, then you have the same problem as me.

I've received an email from Intel saying they are still working on the issue. I/they don't know the reason for the bug and if it's due to the specific memory we are using or some other incompatibility/bug elsewhere yet. I'll keep you guys posted when I get an udpate from Intel.

** I've found another bug, I posted elsewhere, I was wondering if you (and others) could tell me if you have the same issue in Vista: in the Device Manager, go to System Devices, then Intel ICH9 Family SMBus Controller - 2930, properties---> then in the General Tab, under Device Status, what does it say? And if you go in the next Driver tab, and click on Driver Details, what happens?
Because, if I just click on properties and go to the Driver tab, it shows the correct driver date and the "Intel" name. But if I click on Driver Details it says "no drivers installed", which is a bug I have never seen before. Under Device Status of the first General tab, it says "no drivers installed" but at the same time there is no yellow exclamation point, which also does not make sense. I've reinstalled Vista twice, and the second time with the newest drivers, same issue. I found the issue because Vista at some point gave a popup window in the taskbar saying there were no drivers for SMBus. Everything else and all other Intel drivers work fine...