Corsair Community

Will commander pro read temperature measure from any sensor?

idwwwoqq808

I have two temperature sensor from Phobya in my desktop's liquid cooling loop and they are connected to commander pro. Corsair Link can show temperatures read from those two sensors but I wonder how accurate it can be.

Will it happen that, for example, the liquid is 46°C but commander pro reads 38°C? Is there any standard that everyone follow when making fan controllers and sensors?

It should read any 10K thermistor line. I have some Phobya in line coolant temp sensors in another build and it reads them successfully. However, if you are referring to the Phobya ring style flow temp sensors, the limitation will be the sensor itself. I have 4 of them and find they normally read different to the other loop sensors in conditions where it should be the same. The putting two in a row gave different temps, but this is at the temp sensor itself, not the software level. To be clear, I am talking about +-1C degree offset and it is consistent, so it always reads 1.2C high or 0.9C low. That makes it still useful. You will not see the kind of difference suggested above.

It should read any 10K thermistor line. I have some Phobya in line coolant temp sensors in another build and it reads them successfully. However, if you are referring to the Phobya ring style flow temp sensors, the limitation will be the sensor itself. I have 4 of them and find they normally read different to the other loop sensors in conditions where it should be the same. The putting two in a row gave different temps, but this is at the temp sensor itself, not the software level. To be clear, I am talking about +-1C degree offset and it is consistent, so it always reads 1.2C high or 0.9C low. That makes it still useful. You will not see the kind of difference suggested above.

Those two sensors are ring style but I think I'll keep on to them. Thanks for the answer