Corsair Community

Where to plug the usb header (pump) when there’s no usb header on the ITX motherboard

Mydriaze

Hello, I really need your help today.

Just bought a Corsair Hydro H115i. When trying to plug the “micro-usb to usb 9 pin male” in the pump, I realized that my ITX motherboard didn’t have any USB 2.0 (9 pin female). So basically, I can’t use it properly.

I digged some solutions, but not sure if it can works.

1: use a micro-usb to usb and plug the usb part in the back of my motherboard, like I plug my mouse for example. Will it works?

2: using a “20 pin blue front panel connector to 9 pin male usb 2.0” adaptatif?

Honestly, I’m lost. I really need help in this one. Hope some of you had this issue by the last and know how to solve my problem.

Have a nice day!

Really? I’ve read yesterday that some people were complaining about this simple solution. Everything is working fine? Fans? Icue software too?

No offense, I trust you and I’m happy with your answer, but if someone can confirm it, it would be great! Because it’s a 300€ answer for me if it works!

No USB 2.0 available? This here is what you need, a hole big enough for the Type A connector to go through the back of the case and use one of the rear ports.

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-designed-motherboard-external-connector/dp/B000V6WD8A/ref=sr_1_25?keywords=4+pin+usb+to+usb+2.0+type+a&qid=1571224804&sr=8-25

or this one: https://www.amazon.com/CRJ-9-Pin-Dupont-Header-Single/dp/B07Q4QZW57/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=9+pin+usb+to+usb+2.0+type+a&qid=1571225138&sr=8-3

I ended up getting one, which I no longer use, for my AIO. After that, the software recognized it and it worked great.

Edited by Nazgul

Why not? You can buy a mini USB to Type A cable, but not sure if they come in less than 3ft length and that extension is only like 5 inches more. So adding a 3ft cable was not necessary because I didn't want to mangle up all extra cable inside the case nor I was gonna have the extra wire hanging on the outside of the case.

But you can add the mini USB to Type A USB. You'd just have to deal with the extra cable.

no one is saying your method wont work dude.. but if he has the cable.. why spend? and we have no idea how long his cable is, me personally have them ranging from 0.5m to 2m in length,. when it comes from getting from the pump head to the rear io. and to do it 'nice' may require some extra length.

yes it will work that way....

just out of curiosity.. which H115i did you get? as you said micro USB and not Mini USB.. guessing a Platinum or Pro series...

Update: my bad, it's micro-usb cable in the box, not mini! (and I ordered a mini-usb cable, I'm tired and need some holidays!)

My set up will be done tonight I hope.

Update: my bad, it's micro-usb cable in the box, not mini! (and I ordered a mini-usb cable, I'm tired and need some holidays!)

My set up will be done tonight I hope.

Damn! always something in the way eh!... hope it arrives quick man.... and yeah! take a holiday. its a good thing