Corsair Community

Corsair Services and or ICue is freezing my PC every 10 minutes.

Gilgamensch

• 4 weeks later...

Throwing my hat into the ring on this one.

Same Asus Prime Pro X570 board. Commander pro disconnecting all USB devices every 5-10 minutes. I would be playing Forza and it would even disconnect my wireless controller mid race. I had no disconnect issues before I added the Commander pro. I was just using a Corsair LED fan hub and Lighting node pro.

I'm not using any HWInfo monitoring that I know of.

The only "fix" I found was to go into device manager and in USB root hub I went into power management and unchecked 'allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.' Then Totally close ICue. Open the game I want to play. Reopen ICue. Play game. I had 0 disconnects during gameplay last night after doing this. (2 hours of Forza and an hour of Modern Warfare.)

Thoughts?

EDIT: Still happening.

Edited by biffmofo
Update

• 3 months later...
I am still having this problem, and I am not even using Commander Pro. I am using Corsair Void, and the H100i Pro. Problem was headphones cutting in and out before, but today it just started freezing the game every 5-10 minutes as well. I have tried to reinstall but it does not appear to help. I am going to try to get rid of Link and just run CUE and see if that helps.

• 2 months later...
You wouldn't happen to be running any other monitoring tools, specifically HWInfo, would you? Have you ever run HWInfo and installed the persistent driver?

I realize I'm 9 months late, but this error is still happening to me on iCUE 3.30.89.

I do have HWInfo installed, and it mostly happens around the time when HWInfo is launched, or while it's running. If I do not touch iCUE (don't bring it to front) and don't open HWInfo, it doesn't seem to happen, I think.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am another owner of an Asus Prime Pro X570 Motherboard and a Corsair 100i. I built a new system 3 months ago and used an AMD Ryzen 5800X with 32GBs of G.Skill Neo's.

For the last 3 months, I have been experiencing random freezes and loosing work over and over again. After testing every component and exhausting all other options, I discovered this thread about 2 months ago. At first I thought the freezes may have been caused by the known USB 2.0 problem with Ryzen 5000 CPUs, so I patiently waited for the new AMD AGESA update to be added to the Asus BIOS updates, which is meant to fix USB 2.0 dropout problem. After installing the latest BIOS update, I kept getting these random freezes, which often happened when the computer was doing very little at all. The weird thing was that if a video was playing, it would continue to play, however clicking off windows you would notice a fast decay of death until everything locked up.

The solution that seems to have fixed problem

After reading every single reply on this forum, I decided to just ditch this Corsair cooler once and for all. I didn't want to ever use a cooler again that was connected to an internal USB header!

Corsair wont like this, but I bought a be quiet! Pure Loop 280mm AIO Liquid CPU cooler.

This cooler does NOT require an "app" to run it and cause problems. The pump is connected directly to the AIO Pump header on the motherboard and the fans are connected to the CPU fan header. I'm using Asus Fan Expert to create some fan curves. So far, so good. It's now been 5 days and I haven't experienced a single CPU freeze. I'm still a bit nervous & paranoid, and want to see 2 weeks of no freezes before I know 100% the problem is fixed, however it does appear that removing the Corsair cooler and app has fixed the problem.

I also used Revo Uninstaller to completely remove ALL traces of any Corsair software on my computer!

If you are tired of this freezing problem, I recommend investing in a different type of CPU Cooler that doesn't need an app to screw up your computer!!!

Edited by Doctor_Zen