Corsair Community

PSA: VOID Wireless in Bootloader Mode and How to Recover it

Hi, I don't know if i have exactly the same problem but I think it is so I post here : (sorry for my poor english I'm french)

I just walked with the headset out of the range, normaly the headset just "bip" and reconnect when I enter back in the range, but this time the headset just turn off : no sound, no light, nothing.

I just tryed to turn it on but nothing, no light no sound like there is no battery.

I connected the headset with the usb : nothing and nothing if I tryed again to power on

I tryed your steps but I'm block at steps 6 http://prntscr.com/95czgy and there is no way for the CUE recognize the usb.

I updated to 1.12.75 and that still doesn't work.

Is there any solutions ? I saw you spoke about windows update but I don't find where to update anythings in the windows sound panel.

Can someone help me please ?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I don't know if i have exactly the same problem but I think it is so I post here : (sorry for my poor english I'm french)

I just walked with the headset out of the range, normaly the headset just "bip" and reconnect when I enter back in the range, but this time the headset just turn off : no sound, no light, nothing.

I just tryed to turn it on but nothing, no light no sound like there is no battery.

I connected the headset with the usb : nothing and nothing if I tryed again to power on

I tryed your steps but I'm block at steps 6 http://prntscr.com/95czgy and there is no way for the CUE recognize the usb.

I updated to 1.12.75 and that still doesn't work.

Is there any solutions ? I saw you spoke about windows update but I don't find where to update anythings in the windows sound panel.

Can someone help me please ?

Double check that in printers and devices you dont have a ! on your device. If you do try reinstalling the drivers (if you can roll them back).

Also try a different USB port as even if the headset is in boot loader mode it will still connect.

"Double vérifier que dans les imprimantes et les périphériques que vous ne devez pas une ! sur votre appareil . Si vous essayez de réinstaller les pilotes ( si vous pouvez les faire reculer ) .

Essayez également d'un port USB différent car même si le casque est en mode de chargeur de démarrage il sera toujours se connecter ."

Pardonez moi pour "Google Translate" mais ma francias c'est tres terrrible!

Dramen,

Again, let me explain. I have tried all of these procedures and none of them work because the power to the head set doesn't come on. The procedure gets stuck at Connect headset via USB cable. It just sits there (last night 8 hours) waiting for the connection to happen. Nothing. No other device on my system has an error on it.

unless the HS can turn on, this procedure is worthless.

Edited by Apogee1

I tried something totally different than what has been reported on this forum and it worked. Here are the steps I took:

1. Unplugged all USB cables from system related to Void SE Headset.

2. Used device manager and uninstalled any Windows drivers associated with the Headset.

3. Uninstalled (through control panel) the CUE software.

4. Turned off machine.

5. Cold startup.

6. Plugged in extension port for the USB connection plug, but did not plug in the connection plug.

7. Plugged the Charging USB cable into the extension hub USB port.

8. Plugged the USB charging cable into the Headset (make sure not to press any buttons)

9. Pressed the power on button. The Headset powered on! Unbelievable!

10. Unplugged the USB charging cable from extension hub.

11. Installed the latest version of CUE software.

12. Inserted Connection plug into the extension hub.

13. (windows updated drivers)

14. Did a force firmware update.

15. When prompted, I connected the Headset via USB cable.

16. Firmware update happened bottom progress bar went to 100%, top bar went to 97%.

17. (Windows updated drivers again, I monitored that it was successful)

18. Top progress bar of firmware update continued to 100% over the next minute and completed.

19. Tested on Skype, both Mic and Headset worked.

20. Doing a full charge on the headset.

This might not work for anyone else, but since the procedure that is posted at the top of this thread wasn't working, I thought outside of the box.

Good Luck.

Edited by Apogee1
  • Confused 1

Dramen,

Again, let me explain. I have tried all of these procedures and none of them work because the power to the head set doesn't come on. The procedure gets stuck at Connect headset via USB cable. It just sits there (last night 8 hours) waiting for the connection to happen. Nothing. No other device on my system has an error on it.

unless the HS can turn on, this procedure is worthless.

I'am having the same problem, It just sits at the connect usb cable and nothing happens.

I cant tell if my headset is in bootloader mode or what i have tried absolutely everything i cant including uninstalling everything and forcing the update, it updates completely but i still cannot turn the headset on no matter what i try didn't know if anyone can help but i don't know what else to do.

I cant tell if my headset is in bootloader mode or what i have tried absolutely everything i cant including uninstalling everything and forcing the update, it updates completely but i still cannot turn the headset on no matter what i try didn't know if anyone can help but i don't know what else to do.

Can you describe what you're experiencing with your headset?

Morning all,

Read through this thread and have followed accordingly.

Headset now lights up but it flashing red (apprx. twice per second) does this mean its sorted and just charging?

Rich

Normal behavior after recovering the headset from Bootloader mode. Go ahead and use CUE to adjust the color lighting.

Hi,

I received the headphones yesterday and they worked fine until I tried to update the FW through CUE. So I was having a problem with my headphones not turning on, CUE not recognizing the device, and being unable to update the FW, but once I updated my windows 7 I was able to turn my headphones on. So once I saw everything was working fine I had the great idea to try to install CUE and try updating the firmware on my headset. So when I tried updating this time, the progress bars appeared but stayed at 0%. After a while the update just stopped and said that it could not detect a device. Now I'm back to where I was before. The device IS detected by CUE and shows in my sounds window and devices and printers window, but when I go to update firmware through CUE it does not detect when the device is connected by USB (although it is detected by the dongle) so I can't continue with the update.

I am unable to turn headphones on and they do not light up or produce sound. The bootloader mode fixes do not work, I have uninstalled/reinstalled CUE and drivers multiple times. My windows is up to date. The light on the dongle is slowly flashing white. I have gone through the fixes in this post multiple times and nothing is helping.

I'm not sure what else I can do. Is there a way to manually install the firmware?

• 2 weeks later...

Brand new Void wireless, FW update seems to have killed my headset??

CUE does not detect headset when plugged in via USB. Tried all fixes on this forum.

Tried on second computer which has a brand new SSD and fresh windows 10 installed....still nothing.

NOT HAPPY

Will waiting until the battery is flat the only option? Will battery removal and replacement reset headset?

Please advise

Regards

Bob

New headset yesterday, void yellow 7.1 wireless. worked all day. today wont power on at all. Latest CUE version installed, tried to update firmware but just sits on "connect device".. how do we get it out of bootloader mode? if cue cannot see it, and no power.

Well Im not sure if my headset battery run flat but I followed the instructions on page 1.

My headset began to update.

I had 4 separate pop ups from Windows OS with device installing.

VOID headset then failed FW update.

Tried to update headset again. FW update failed again.

RESTARTED MY MACHINE

Started the process again....BINGO!!!

Maybe the machine restart is the key?

Anyways my headset is now charging and it is detected by CUE

Thanks Corsair, stick to making keyboards, ok?

Regards

Bob

I received mine yesterday

Well didnt take to long to flash thw lights in red and dont work anymore

Every time i tried to conect it in usb says "usb device malfunctioning...not recognized" so I cant update the firmware

I have the same problem as you, now. Stopped at the 'connect headset' splash because Windows doesn't recognize it.

http://i.imgur.com/6RAUQci.png

aaaaand that't the error I get every time I plug my headset in with ANY cable on ANY computer.

Edit: yeah, after it wasted an entire 6 hours of my life, I decided to bring it back. I will now refrain from investing in Corsair, permanently. Good job losing a customer because you're too much of idiots to hide the bootloader mode better.

Edited by flotts

I's having similar issues, my headset seems to be stuck in bootloader but CUE doesnt recognise that its attached (it is showing as Avnera in devices) so i cant force a firmware update to resolve the issue.

Anyone had this issue and solved it?

Pretty disappointed as i got the headset yesterday as a present from my wife for my 30th and now i cant use it (and she feels guilty that she got me something that doesnt work)

I's having similar issues, my headset seems to be stuck in bootloader but CUE doesnt recognise that its attached (it is showing as Avnera in devices) so i cant force a firmware update to resolve the issue.

Anyone had this issue and solved it?

Pretty disappointed as i got the headset yesterday as a present from my wife for my 30th and now i cant use it (and she feels guilty that she got me something that doesnt work)

Just managed to get mine working, i let the headset fully drain which got it out of bootloader, then still had the issue with CUE not recognizing the device. Turns out i needed to run CUE as administrator for it to detect the headset. Hope this helps someone else