Corsair Community

iCUE v3.20.80 Patch Notes

Corsair James

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone,

Sorry I did not get a chance to publish the 3.19 Patch notes. However. I have combined them with the 3.20.80 Patch Notes. Please see below:

iCUE v3.20.80 Patch Notes:

• Resolved flickering of Hydro Series Platinum coolers on certain AMD Platforms*

• Changed DPI color from Cyan to Capri for all mice for consistency

• Resolved issue with layers not appearing under Lighting Effects for Dark Core/SE

• Resolved an issue with Lighting Node Pro, Vengeance RGB PRO, Dominator RGB DRAM, and Commander Pro not appearing after system wake from sleep

• Enhanced the status indicator to show wireless status while iCUE is enabled for K57 RGB Wireless

• Resolved an issue with applying EQ presets, Mic Settings, and Surround Sound for ST100

• Resolved an issue with Lighting Effects improperly playing on ST100

• Resolved an issue with RGB DRAM detection on certain AMD chipsets (X399 and X570)

• Resolved an issue with Lighting Effects improperly playing on ST100

• Audio driver has been updated to resolve certain issues with audio distortion

• Resolved an issue with Notifications for DRAM not properly displaying the LED color across all devices

• Resolved an issue with DRAM lighting playback after system wake from sleep on certain platforms

• Resolved an issue with DRAM losing sensor assignments

• Rainbow Channel has been added as a lighting effect for HW Playback for fans and strips. This is the default effect for LL fans that many have asked for

• Clarified pairing message for Slipstream Wireless Mice

• Resolved an issue with Korean layouts for certain keyboards

• GameSDK now supports Blair Witch game by Bloober Team

• Resolved various other minor bugs and issues

Edited by Corsair James

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It appears to have been fixed. I just finished 10 consecutive runs of Time Spy 12 (CPU only) and the scores are fantastically precise. Quitting iCUE gets you another token 50-75 points, but that is normal for any monitoring software and benchmarks. This is dramatically different than the -30% and fluctuating scores on 3.19. Looks like it's good to go, although we have to talk about this Capri vs Cyan thing. Nobody likes being blindsided like that.

"Resolved various other minor bugs and issues" - wow, bit of an understatement. Why has the widely discussed CPU/Interrupt issue not been explicitly called out as fixed, nor any comment from Corsair been added to that thread to say so. Even when there's good news, they don't communicate it properly. That said, great to see it resolved...think I'll hold off installing 3.20 for a few days though...no faith in these releases anymore.

• Corsair Employee
No mention if the CPU issues in this thread have been fixed or not?: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=189897

Guess it's up to us to test it......

The only CPU issue we see is when DRAM has software lighting enabled. This does cause the CPU usage to increase. To resolve this, we've done two things:

1.) We deployed a new driver to control DRAM lighting in iCUE v3.19. This will pave the way to manage the lighting on the modules to be much more efficient.

2.) We are currently working on a new firmware for Vengeance RGB PRO and Dominator RGB to take advantage of this new driver. Once we are ready to deploy, we should be able to significantly reduce the CPU overhead.

In the meantime, if users feel their CPU usage is too high (avg 10-20% depending on CPU), then we recommend to disable software control for DRAM until our new driver is ready.

No mention if the CPU issues in this thread have been fixed or not?: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=189897

lol, must have been one of the "minor" bugs and issues

The only CPU issue we see

only? this was a huge issue which caused many of us TONS of time, stress, and windows reinstalls

I don't get how you're taking this so lightly. The absolute LEAST you can do is mention it in the patch notes so people still out of the loop don't have to go digging through the forums

Thanks for the update guys.

On this one:

*Resolved an issue with Lighting Effects improperly playing on ST100

Are there any specific details on this one? Since the second last update, not sure what version number it was, my ST 100 stopped all lighting affects when iCue was not running in the background.

It would randomly trigger lightning affects when opening and closing certain applications but then turn off completely. Lighting affects would only work when iCue ran in the back ground.

Would this fix resolve that issue?

I won't know for another 12 hours :)

Cheers

Edited by Aliti_308

The only CPU issue we see is when DRAM has software lighting enabled.

Not to sound ungrateful about the update as it did resolve the issue but there's a 14 page thread about the CPU issue, Many turned off the DRAM lighting control option and still had it including myself, I had to downgrade to an older version of iCUE to remedy it.

Edited by Dicehunter

The only CPU issue we see is when DRAM has software lighting enabled. This does cause the CPU usage to increase. To resolve this, we've done two things:

1.) We deployed a new driver to control DRAM lighting in iCUE v3.19. This will pave the way to manage the lighting on the modules to be much more efficient.

2.) We are currently working on a new firmware for Vengeance RGB PRO and Dominator RGB to take advantage of this new driver. Once we are ready to deploy, we should be able to significantly reduce the CPU overhead.

In the meantime, if users feel their CPU usage is too high (avg 10-20% depending on CPU), then we recommend to disable software control for DRAM until our new driver is ready.

I only have the Corsair Vengeance LED memory but still got the stuttering.

I can only hope that Corsair does not go so far in the direction of software control that we lose the ability to store a profile we like in hardware and not need a piece of software or a driver to use it.

Why? Couple reasons I can think of:

1. Performance hit. I didn't build a 9980XE system because I am OK with donating half of its cores and performance to poorly written software and drivers. It may sound a little different but this is the same basic thing people complaining about the stutter/lag/FPS hit/interrupt overhead in games and elsewhere on their systems are saying.

2. Please don't impose an OS on me. I run that evil penguin OS much of the time and there isn't going to be any iCue for Linux. And I am OK with that, so long as when I am in Windows I can still store something besides the cheesy rainbow swirl default on my DIMM's that will start running as soon as I power up from a cold boot into Linux (or whatever other OS I choose to run on MY system).

Which is to say, please do not make lighting control of your DIMM's completely dependent on a driver.

Thank you for the improvements, which 3.20.80 seems to have by the consensus of early reports here. I am still on 3.19.120 for now.

Edited by RetroRambler

I last did an update to 3.19.120 from 3.14.104 and then my framerates went down to 25-28 fps in games and benchmarks. I was frustrated and didn't knew what to do. Maybe my GTX 1080 TI was failing or a RAM issue....CPU going bad. Then I did a system restore before updating Icue and everything went back to normal. But when i booted my machine next day the issue came back....

I uninstalled Icue with Iobit with no leftover in registry or system. Restarted and installed Icue version 3.14.104. No problem since then

I am not going to update Icue...why? Don't fix what is not broken. I will stay on 3.14. 104 as long as it takes. I have a question to Corsair. Why is it always us (customers) being beta testers for your software? Don't you have a test center for your software before relasing it? If you have, they are doing a terrible job.

I'd like to know this as well. iCue is one of the software/monitoring apps that causes the Ryzen 3000s to run at boost/high idle voltages. Once you shut down the Corsair service in the background, my Ryzen 3700x goes from approx. 1.45 volts/4.3 ghz at idle to 0.9 volts/3.6 ghz.

* Releases new build, has no patch noes.

* New build brakes allot of peoples systems to the point they return hardware / reinstall windows.

* Ignores everyone's feedback

*Refuses to pull the update that is causing people hell.

* Another new build comes out, cba to even make its own patch notes.

* Totally ignores the HUGE issues people had/downplays them as "minor".

Business as usual heh? End of the month gotta stay on that release scheduled even if the last update was broken. Please fire whoever is in charge of the software team and get some competent person in there place.

First, all my corsair items are external items, such as K70 RDG MK.2 SE, M65 RGB ELITE, VOID PRO USB, MM800 RGB POLARIS, ST100 RGB. I don't have any Corsair items inside my case (no corsair fans, cpu cooler, nor memory)

The first issue I encountered was that the VOID PROD USB driver crashed.. *badly*. There was absolutely no sound coming out from the headset. Although Windows would still detect the headset, nothing would be able to play out of them. Windows 10 default music player, Windows Groove, would stop with an error (forgot to snapshot the error) but would work if it was playing on any other sound device. Rebooting the computer multiple times did not fix the issue. When this issue was happening, there was also no sound working on the ST100 sound plug either.

Then, not sure if it was related since it was after the Void usb driver crash, I will still getting some sort of stuttering **even on the Windows Desktop**.

Again, rebooting the computer multiple times did not fix the issue.

Reverting back to 3.18.77 did not initially work. I had to uninstall and have the uninstaller remove *everything* to get it to work again cleanly in 3.18.77.

Last note, I do not use any monitoring/sensor logging at all, be it in iCue or not.

So, I'm back to 3.18.77 with everything working okay for now and will wait until I read that a newer version is completely stable.

EDIT: Added ST100 sound problem

Edited by TheMaskedShadow