Corsair Community

Assigning Macros to a Second Keyboard in iCUE

Sojourner1

I want to attach a second Corsair keyboard to my PC and assign macros to it. Normally Windows will not recognize two keyboards as separate inputs. Does iCUE circumvent this problem? In other words will iCUE recognize the keyboards as separate and allow different functions to be recognized on the duplicate keys?

there is even more to that series.

https://github.com/oblitum/Interception

is basically the public way to go, but perhaps not the only solution. I never saw the code until a moment ago, so I may try a fresh build, i just felt like it might not have been as portable as it perhaps could be.

The code project example out there should work for *most* of the keys to be differentiated under certain conditions, but that requires a remap outside of icue for the full board. supposedly there are certain keys which are always going to appear the same unless you have a driver which says hey i am device one or i am device 2, but out of the box as I understand it, there are serious obstacles with doing that without specific things/authorities in place, so I would not expect to see it in icue.

So what I mean is, it is not necessarily a vendor limitation

Corsair does FWIW offer peripherals that afford a tremendous amount of flexibility like the stream deck xl, which I cannot wait to get my hands on!

Edited by hastegag

The code project example out there should work for *most* of the keys to be differentiated under certain conditions, but that requires a remap outside of icue for the full board. supposedly there are certain keys which are always going to appear the same unless you have a driver which says hey i am device one or i am device 2, but out of the box as I understand it, there are serious obstacles with doing that without specific things/authorities in place, so I would not expect to see it in icue.

You are referring to the macro keys? Couldn't a user just remap F13-24 to those using iCUE?

7cYvaB7.png

Edited by Sojourner1
Image not showing