View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 07:22 AM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 234333
angelobr Reputation: 10

Mystery, thanks for your help, but as far as I know, and I just checked it again now, the latest BIOS that I can found on Asus support web site is for my Asus A8N-SLI Premium is 1011.001 (BETA). This version was released in 2005/12/08.

I agree with you, and I think that those ram really should work in Dual Channel mode here...

I used those sticks in my old 745 PC (Asus K8N + AMD64 2800+) and it always worked well, of course that it doesn't have Dual Channel as 754 don't have this feature.

Now, it continue working well, and both sticks works fine when I use B1 and B2 slots of my A8N-SLI Premium. Windows and BIOS recognizes the 2Gb. and everything just runs fine.

But, if I try to use them at slots A1 or A2 them I always get memory fail beeps. This mobo have a nice feature, using the onboard sound system the mobo give me some voice messages during POST process, and the message is always the same, saying that RAM tests failed.

The same thing happens when I try to use very low timings for this ram, so I'm thinking if this can't be a timing problem. Maybe I should set the slowest timing setings at BIOS just to give them another try in Dual Channel.

About the slots being defective, this is the second Asus A8N-SLI that I get in less than a week, so I don't think that it's the case anymore. The first one was a A8N-SLI and this second is a A8N-SLI Premium, and both have the same behavior

Any other hint will be great